Another school shooting.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2015, 11:10 PM
RE: Another school shooting.
(01-10-2015 11:07 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 11:01 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Muslim is the descriptor being pasted across my facebook wall.

Well he isn't white and apparently mixed race.. that's code for Muslim.

On some other forum I saw someone post a picture allegedly from his myspace or some profile page, idk if it's legit for sure. It listed him with normal things like from college and not religious, but spiritual... typical college comment.

I'm seeing this article, if it can even be called that, plastered all over Facebook. A far stretch from definitive proof of anything.

http://gotnews.com/breaking-confirmed-ch...cshooting/

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2015, 11:11 PM
The media: can be depended upon to not be reliable.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post
01-10-2015, 11:12 PM
(01-10-2015 11:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't want any group getting blamed until we know all the facts.

The group I blame is the ones calling themselves humans. Since we're not getting rid of all of them any time soon, I'll just have to be content that this guy is worm food regardless of what he did or didn't believe.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
01-10-2015, 11:15 PM
(01-10-2015 11:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 10:59 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I know you are not blaming anyone but my reply to Rev is what kind of kicked it off so and yeah, we don't know a lot about the guy yet, no point in making judgements or what have you until more is known.

Thanks for understanding.

It's what I do best Smile....... sometimes.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
01-10-2015, 11:20 PM
Conservative Republican, not religious but Spiritual, does not drink - from a dating site profile.

Seemed like a normal 26 year old guy. Something must have happened and he just lost it. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
02-10-2015, 03:31 AM
(01-10-2015 11:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't want any group getting blamed until we know all the facts.

Why would we blame any group for the crimes of a single individual anyway?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
02-10-2015, 07:09 AM
There are rumors that he asked people about their religion before he shot them... not confirmed yet but it keeps popping up.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-10-2015, 07:35 AM
(02-10-2015 07:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  There are rumors that he asked people about their religion before he shot them... not confirmed yet but it keeps popping up.

What I heard:

"Christians, stand up. If you're a Christian, stand up. Are you a Christian? Good. Because you're about to meet God."

*executes*

That seemed to be just one person. Reports say he was asking and shooting. If yes, headshot, if no or silent, legshot.

Just FYI, atheists. Even though it appears he wasn't an atheists per se (unknown really what he believed), you will be associated with this and him in the future. So, yeah. Heads up.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
02-10-2015, 07:41 AM
(02-10-2015 07:35 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 07:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  There are rumors that he asked people about their religion before he shot them... not confirmed yet but it keeps popping up.

What I heard:

"Christians, stand up. If you're a Christian, stand up. Are you a Christian? Good. Because you're about to meet God."

*executes*

That seemed to be just one person. Reports say he was asking and shooting. If yes, headshot, if no or silent, legshot.

Just FYI, atheists. Even though it appears he wasn't an atheists per se (unknown really what he believed), you will be associated with this and him in the future. So, yeah. Heads up.

He classified himself as non-religious, and listed that disliked organized religion.

"Oregon shooter said to have singled out Christians for killing in ‘horrific act of cowardice’"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morni...cowardice/

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
02-10-2015, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 08:00 AM by kim.)
(01-10-2015 10:13 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  One of the dislikes on one of his online profiles was that he despised organized religion.
On a profile on a dating site, he stated "non religious but Spiritual". Kind of alludes to him trying to fit in amongst peer pressures.

I think it has now been confirmed by at least 4 witnesses who have allowed press access.

Horrifying ... but, I am curious where he would have shot me... head, torso, limbs ...? Consider

It seems he had a "plan", however irrational it may have been.
It appears he was responsible for his actions.

Any sympathy I might have been able to muster for this young man, goes out to the child he once was - the child who lacked a rational and compassionate upbringing. He was not provided the tools to understand and live within the world around him. That is a failure. People like this are vulnerable to extreme ideological coercion and irrationality.

That said, I have to say this is still my gut reaction - not enough info is in yet regarding his intent - if he offered up any. So much is still only speculation- he could have indeed, had some brain malfunction.

Sadly, this kind of news all too frequently becomes so common, it almost gives bad associations to my morning coffee. Almost. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein