Another story of excessive police force against unarmed African American kids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2015, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 04:07 PM by Deidre32.)
No one cares, so...removed it.

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2015, 07:26 AM
RE: Another story of excessive police force against unarmed African American kids
(08-06-2015 07:40 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  No one cares, so...removed it.

That's the spirit!
10-06-2015, 08:37 AM
RE: Another story of excessive police force against unarmed African American kids
(10-06-2015 07:26 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  

That's the spirit!

Maybe it's occurring so much, people have grown weary of reading about it.

10-06-2015, 09:10 AM
And where's the outrage when a black officer shoots an unarmed white kid?????

http://article.wn.com/view/2014/08/27/Ju...n_Fatally_

answer -- because "That's not racism"....

That's why you NEVER hear about that sorta thing.....

Uh huh.... OK......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
10-06-2015, 10:04 AM
(10-06-2015 09:10 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And where's the outrage when a black officer shoots an unarmed white kid?????

Uh huh.... OK......
I think it's because most innocent victims of police brutality are more likely to be black. I believe there is less inhibition for the trigger happy cops to pull the trigger black victims.

That said, Dillon Taylor's case is just as tragic. It should bolster the need for serious police reforms.

I am totally against the current legal standard that gives too much weight to the officer's judgment in such situations.

I think if an innocent person is killed, you cannot just excuse it because the policeman was scared. The burden should be on him to prove it.

The safety concerns of innocent civilians should trump safety concerns of the cops in my opinion.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
10-06-2015, 10:34 AM
(10-06-2015 09:10 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And where's the outrage when a black officer shoots an unarmed white kid?????

Uh huh.... OK......

Because it's not as pervasive, nor as fatally wounding as the prejudice of whites against blacks.

10-06-2015, 10:40 AM
Problem is, and I've had this happen many times, I make a comment... Get called liberal by conservative friends and conservative by liberal friends. I mention other parts of the story and get called racist. So sometimes it's better to hold my opinion because no matter what I'd say, on either side of an issue, I lose.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
10-06-2015, 11:04 AM
(10-06-2015 10:40 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  Problem is, and I've had this happen many times, I make a comment... Get called liberal by conservative friends and conservative by liberal friends. I mention other parts of the story and get called racist. So sometimes it's better to hold my opinion because no matter what I'd say, on either side of an issue, I lose.

Part of the problem too, aside from race...is that there seems to be a flourishing problem of police brutality in enough cases, that it's drawing media attention. They should display better conduct than the average joe. But, the average joe...if he/she were to whip out a gun on a bunch of unarmed teens...would be in jail. So the average joe seems to be held to a different standard than police. That is a problem.

10-06-2015, 12:37 PM
(10-06-2015 10:04 AM)tomilay Wrote:  

Uh huh.... OK......
I think it's because most innocent victims of police brutality are more likely to be black. I believe there is less inhibition for the trigger happy cops to pull the trigger black victims.

That said, Dillon Taylor's case is just as tragic. It should bolster the need for serious police reforms.

I am totally against the current legal standard that gives too much weight to the officer's judgment in such situations.

I think if an innocent person is killed, you cannot just excuse it because the policeman was scared. The burden should be on him to prove it.

The safety concerns of innocent civilians should trump safety concerns of the cops in my opinion.

Have you considered that the reason for a higher percentage of unjustified police actions are due to the characteristics of the local community, with high violent crime being a paramount factor?

Really, a cop gets a call about a violent crime in the area and since an crimes are committed mostly by persons in a reasonable small area the victims characteristics match that of the offender.
10-06-2015, 12:43 PM

Are you referring to the pool party incident? If so the actions of the host and story do not engender much trust..

Apparently since it was a party as rental agreement was needed [1]. Furthermore, the host had a DJ that played music laden with profanities. When interviewed she never specifies HOW MANY persons she invited, did not produce a rental agreement for the pool, nor a permit to have the DJ preform.

Next, the family and host incriminate themselves by saying they had cases of food and water. Now we have the host claiming (without evidence) that those that jumped the pool were dissociated to the unspecified persons at the event.

Her story stinks and the cops actions are not much better. Screw them both.

[1]