Another story of excessive police force against unarmed African American kids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2015, 01:39 PM
RE: Another story of excessive police force against unarmed African American kids
(10-06-2015 12:37 PM)Gatheist Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 10:04 AM)tomilay Wrote:  I think it's because most innocent victims of police brutality are more likely to be black. I believe there is less inhibition for the trigger happy cops to pull the trigger black victims.

That said, Dillon Taylor's case is just as tragic. It should bolster the need for serious police reforms.

I am totally against the current legal standard that gives too much weight to the officer's judgment in such situations.

I think if an innocent person is killed, you cannot just excuse it because the policeman was scared. The burden should be on him to prove it.

The safety concerns of innocent civilians should trump safety concerns of the cops in my opinion.

Have you considered that the reason for a higher percentage of unjustified police actions are due to the characteristics of the local community, with high violent crime being a paramount factor?

Really, a cop gets a call about a violent crime in the area and since an crimes are committed mostly by persons in a reasonable small area the victims characteristics match that of the offender.
Yes I have.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: Another story of excessive police force against unarmed African American kids
    Is this what we're talking about?

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
10-06-2015, 04:20 PM
If what you posted was about the incident in McKinney, TX...I hear about it every time I get in my car. I live just a few miles from McKinney. I am waiting to hear more details on the story.

Everything isn't race related - unless it involves the Klan or skinheads, I don't jump to that conclusion any more.

And I agree that we don't hear about it when the victim is white and the officer black.

To be quite honest, I am sick of hearing things like 'Black lives matter'...what does that even mean? White lives matter, beige lives matter, mixed race lives matter. People freaking matter.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
10-06-2015, 09:35 PM
Exactly...

If -- "black lives matter" ----

WTF are "white lives"????

Chopped fucking liver?????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-06-2015, 10:17 PM
(10-06-2015 09:35 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Exactly...

Have you seen the colour of liver? If anyone is chopped liver it's black people.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
10-06-2015, 10:18 PM
(08-06-2015 07:40 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  No one cares, so...removed it.

Please don't do that again. Altering the thread by editing the op is against the rules, not to mention inconsiderate. Just because you start a thread doesn't mean it "belongs" to you.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
10-06-2015, 10:41 PM
(10-06-2015 10:18 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 07:40 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  No one cares, so...removed it.

Please don't do that again. Altering the thread by editing the op is against the rules, not to mention inconsiderate. Just because you start a thread doesn't mean it "belongs" to you.

Thread about black people, "belongs" probably isn't a word you wanna be using.
Just sayin' Lil' bit of cultural sensitivity please Stark.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
10-06-2015, 11:02 PM
(10-06-2015 10:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 10:18 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Please don't do that again. Altering the thread by editing the op is against the rules, not to mention inconsiderate. Just because you start a thread doesn't mean it "belongs" to you.

Thread about black people, "belongs" probably isn't a word you wanna be using.
Just sayin' Lil' bit of cultural sensitivity please Stark.

[Image: pelican-i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
10-06-2015, 11:21 PM
(10-06-2015 09:35 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Exactly...

White lives matter too. If we make it hard for police to take innocent black lives my hunch is it results in just as good if not better protection for innocent white lives.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
10-06-2015, 11:30 PM
(10-06-2015 11:21 PM)tomilay Wrote:  White lives matter too. If we make it hard for police to take innocent black lives my hunch is it results in just as good if not better protection for innocent white lives.
What if we make it harder for them to enforce the law.

I think people are just tired of media outlets misrepresenting things. Sometimes a police officers best choice is to use force, and sometimes the police officer doing it is white, and the person he's doing it to is black. Doesn't make it racist.