Another story of excessive police force against unarmed African American kids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2015, 11:45 PM
RE: Another story of excessive police force against unarmed African American kids
(10-06-2015 11:30 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 11:21 PM)tomilay Wrote:  White lives matter too. If we make it hard for police to take innocent black lives my hunch is it results in just as good if not better protection for innocent white lives.
What if we make it harder for them to enforce the law.

I think people are just tired of media outlets misrepresenting things. Sometimes a police officers best choice is to use force, and sometimes the police officer doing it is white, and the person he's doing it to is black. Doesn't make it racist.
Why should we?

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2015, 05:03 AM
RE: Another story of excessive police force against unarmed African American kids
(10-06-2015 11:21 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 09:35 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Exactly...

If -- "black lives matter" ----

WTF are "white lives"????

Chopped fucking liver?????
White lives matter too. If we make it hard for police to take innocent black lives my hunch is it results in just as good if not better protection for innocent white lives.

Bullshit.

When you have "protestors" acting up, causing shit - because a punk got justifiably shot by a cop (as in Ferguson) -- the backlash is going to be higher rates of crime -- because the cops will hesitate to justifiably enforce the law....

It's just human nature -- once bitten, twice shy.

That just makes it more dangerous for everybody...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-06-2015, 06:53 AM
(11-06-2015 05:03 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 11:21 PM)tomilay Wrote:  White lives matter too. If we make it hard for police to take innocent black lives my hunch is it results in just as good if not better protection for innocent white lives.

Bullshit.

When you have "protestors" acting up, causing shit - because a punk got justifiably shot by a cop (as in Ferguson) -- the backlash is going to be higher rates of crime -- because the cops will hesitate to justifiably enforce the law....

It's just human nature -- once bitten, twice shy.

That just makes it more dangerous for everybody...
I could give the cop in Ferguson cop the benefit of the doubt after seeing Mike Brown's shoplifting video. It's possible to believe he could have acted crazy. Even with otherwise scant or in some cases contradictory evidence.

The killing of the man in an Ohio Walmart on the phone holding an air rifle was trigger happy law enforcement.

It turns out the network engineer shot down in Florida was not able to hear police instructions to drop the air rifle slung on his shoulder. So he was shot.

The killing of a mentally ill person has not gone well with an oversight board in LA http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/10/us/los...inds.html.

I wont be bothered to give a long list. But quite a few of these killings happen merely because an order was not followed. It seems like a rather low standard in my opinion.

The thing that stands out is that where footage of these events has been captured on film, the police versions of events are more often than not contradicted.

In my opinion, it comes down to education. All police officers should have at least a Bachelor's degree. Preferably in psychology. It's a serious responsibility.

My experience is that such people tend to exhibit better overall judgment of situations. Having been exposed to critical thinking in a diverse environment in college.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
11-06-2015, 10:01 AM
keep in mind when watching a video ---- you already know the outcome......

Things look a whole lot different from the perspective of "here and now".....

It's easy for you to say "there's no threat" -- because you already know that....

I'm fairly expert on weaponry.... I can take apart and put back together most anything you give me. I can fix them as well. I did it for years...

But...

If somebody's pointing an air rifle at me -- I may or may not recognize the model. If I shoot --- it's just too damned bad for the guy holding the air gun....

It's still a gun..... DON'T POINT IT AT SOMEBODY --- and you're less likely to get shot.

It's that simple.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-06-2015, 11:20 AM
(11-06-2015 10:01 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  keep in mind when watching a video ---- you already know the outcome......

Things look a whole lot different from the perspective of "here and now".....

It's easy for you to say "there's no threat" -- because you already know that....

I'm fairly expert on weaponry.... I can take apart and put back together most anything you give me. I can fix them as well. I did it for years...

But...

If somebody's pointing an air rifle at me -- I may or may not recognize the model. If I shoot --- it's just too damned bad for the guy holding the air gun....

It's still a gun..... DON'T POINT IT AT SOMEBODY --- and you're less likely to get shot.

It's that simple.
But if the video shows there is no threat, then there wasn't.

11-06-2015, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2015 01:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
The best part of the video is around the 0:50 mark where we see an example of proper policing juxtaposed against the out of control Casebolt. The Chief said he had 12 officers on the scene and 11 of them did exactly as they were trained. Casebolt didn't. To his credit, Casebolt realized he lost his shit and resigned no doubt glad he didn't kill nobody.

#sigh
11-06-2015, 01:42 PM
(11-06-2015 01:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The best part of the video is around the 0:50 mark where we see an example of proper policing juxtaposed against the out of control Casebolt. The Chief said he had 12 officers on the scene and 11 of them did exactly as they were trained. Casebolt didn't. To his credit, Casebolt realized he lost his shit and resigned no doubt glad he didn't kill nobody.

The 0:15 mark comes a close second. Was he a navy seal before? I'd break at least 10 bones if I tried anything like that.

But certainly 0:50 is exactly what one expects from cops. They are here to contain the situation. Not to escalate.

I am not sure, why they couldn't control their mate though. Could it be that he was too far gone on his power trip?

11-06-2015, 01:45 PM
Just heard on NPR -- the officer should not have even have been dispatched....

He'd handled TWO suicides that morning........ One of which the man shot himself in plain view of his family.......

Talk about having a bad day......

11-06-2015, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2015 02:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-06-2015 01:45 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Just heard on NPR -- the officer should not have even have been dispatched....

He'd handled TWO suicides that morning........ One of which the man shot himself in plain view of his family.......

Talk about having a bad day......

Nice. No wonder fucker resigned. Police should rehire him to train new recruits in "The Day I Lost My Shit". Kinda like a Falling Down cautionary tale. I have a lot of respect for Casebolt's post-incident actions - "That was too damn close to me killing somebody."

#sigh
11-06-2015, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2015 02:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-06-2015 01:42 PM)tomilay Wrote:  I am not sure, why they couldn't control their mate though. Could it be that he was too far gone on his power trip?

At 3:24 when Casebolt drew his gun they did. Their presence, foot pursuit and tap on the back of Casebolt to calm his shit down.

#sigh