Another story of excessive police force against unarmed African American kids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2015, 05:45 PM
RE: Another story of excessive police force against unarmed African American kids
(11-06-2015 05:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 05:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There is still nothing to say that this would not have happened had the girl been white...or any other race.

After dealing with events earlier in the day, the officer should have been relieved from duty for at least the rest of the day.

I still say this isn't a racist incident.

A white kid who was at the party was the one shooting the video and is the one that came out with the info about the racist shouts by the woman that started the fight. BTW the guy that called the cops on these kids is a felon convicted of torturing animals. The more that comes out about this case the more one side looks horrible and the more the originally demonized kids look like victims.
You can't make this stuff up. That is why I prefer non-fiction over fiction.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2015, 05:46 PM
RE: Another story of excessive police force against unarmed African American kids
(11-06-2015 05:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 05:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not your call. Casebolt's call. Given his admirable post-incident actions I would not be at all surprised if he was considering if he was influenced by racial stereotypes.

Or an exceptionally stressful day that pushed him over the edge...anyone could have been the person who pushed him one step too far.

Which is why not everyone should be a Cop, in a life and death job having a breakdown like that cannot and should not be overlooked. His actions are borderline criminal assault and given how the rest of the cops acted at the scene show it was his over reaction not the situation.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
11-06-2015, 05:47 PM
(11-06-2015 05:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 05:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not your call. Casebolt's call. Given his admirable post-incident actions I would not be at all surprised if he was considering if he was influenced by racial stereotypes.

Or an exceptionally stressful day that pushed him over the edge...anyone could have been the person who pushed him one step too far.

Yeah, I'm on his side. He came onto the scene batshit bonkers, realized after the fact that he was out of control batshit bonkers and promptly resigned out of concern for the protection of the community. His is a cautionary tale.

#sigh
11-06-2015, 05:56 PM
(11-06-2015 05:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 05:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Or an exceptionally stressful day that pushed him over the edge...anyone could have been the person who pushed him one step too far.

Which is why not everyone should be a Cop, in a life and death job having a breakdown like that cannot and should not be overlooked. His actions are borderline criminal assault and given how the rest of the cops acted at the scene show it was his over reaction not the situation.

So this was how he always behaved?

How in the hell do you know if someone can do the job of police officer for years without it getting to them at some point.

It's all real Utopian to say that when someone is hired into a job such as police office that those in authority can predict their behavior in all situations or can predict the cumulative effect of years of dealing with horrendous events. Most people have a breaking point. Many don't know what that is or when it will happen.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
11-06-2015, 06:02 PM
(11-06-2015 05:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 05:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Which is why not everyone should be a Cop, in a life and death job having a breakdown like that cannot and should not be overlooked. His actions are borderline criminal assault and given how the rest of the cops acted at the scene show it was his over reaction not the situation.

So this was how he always behaved?

How in the hell do you know if someone can do the job of police officer for years without it getting to them at some point.

It's all real Utopian to say that when someone is hired into a job such as police office that those in authority can predict their behavior in all situations or can predict the cumulative effect of years of dealing with horrendous events. Most people have a breaking point. Many don't know what that is or when it will happen.

Where did you get any of that from what I wrote?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
11-06-2015, 06:11 PM
(11-06-2015 06:02 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 05:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So this was how he always behaved?

Where did you get any of that from what I wrote?

He shouldn't have been a cop - like ever? I haven't heard anything about prior issues with the guy. He had responded to two suicides that day and dealt with grieving families and who knows what else. Either he or his superiors should have ended his day and made arrangements for him to speak with a counselor and take a break and a breath.

Nowhere have I seen or heard anything saying he shouldn't have been a cop. What I see is a cop who was too stressed in too short a time and he reacted poorly. Doesn't necessarily make him a bad cop.

And I am going to assume that the town of McKinney felt there was some need to send a dozen cops to the scene. There are things we don't know yet. A mere disturbance call doesn't usually mean every cop in town shows up.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
11-06-2015, 06:16 PM
(11-06-2015 06:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 06:02 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Where did you get any of that from what I wrote?

He shouldn't have been a cop - like ever? I haven't heard anything about prior issues with the guy. He had responded to two suicides that day and dealt with grieving families and who knows what else. Either he or his superiors should have ended his day and made arrangements for him to speak with a counselor and take a break and a breath.

Nowhere have I seen or heard anything saying he shouldn't have been a cop. What I see is a cop who was too stressed in too short a time and he reacted poorly. Doesn't necessarily make him a bad cop.

And I am going to assume that the town of McKinney felt there was some need to send a dozen cops to the scene. There are things we don't know yet. A mere disturbance call doesn't usually mean every cop in town shows up.

Hindsight being 20/20 yes he should have been pulled but his actions that day are grounds for immediate dismissal and possible criminal charges, the fact that he resigned probably will save him from actual jail time.

11-06-2015, 06:21 PM
(11-06-2015 06:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 06:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  He shouldn't have been a cop - like ever? I haven't heard anything about prior issues with the guy. He had responded to two suicides that day and dealt with grieving families and who knows what else. Either he or his superiors should have ended his day and made arrangements for him to speak with a counselor and take a break and a breath.

Hindsight being 20/20 yes he should have been pulled but his actions that day are grounds for immediate dismissal and possible criminal charges, the fact that he resigned probably will save him from actual jail time.

Didn't quite react like the stereotypical TX lawman...must be hiding something. Consider

11-06-2015, 06:26 PM
(11-06-2015 06:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 06:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Hindsight being 20/20 yes he should have been pulled but his actions that day are grounds for immediate dismissal and possible criminal charges, the fact that he resigned probably will save him from actual jail time.

Didn't quite react like the stereotypical TX lawman...must be hiding something. Consider

I would not be surprised if he and his lawyer were given a sweetheart deal by his Boss and the DA. Resign and this all goes away or don't and we may have to charge you. The locals calling for his head have gotten it.

12-06-2015, 04:49 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 04:55 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(11-06-2015 04:55 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
Quote:I also imagine, that if it was a pool party full of only white kids, they wouldn't have been referred to as a 'mob' and treated like criminals.
Stop presuming:

A group of black children crashed a private pool party and were told to leave but refused, then were resisting arrest so the police officers had to use force and racist people are trying to demonize the cop because of the races of those involved.

Right, so you don't know anything. They were there, because they were invited by a black girl who was throwing a party and she herself lived there. It was her birthday party, and she invited these kids, to have a party at the public pool in the community she lived in. Then a couple of old racist as fuck white ladies started a fight, the cops got called, and one of them opted to lose his shit because he saw the pool party full of black kids in swimsuits as, in his own words, a 'mob'.

The problem here's isn't my presumption, it was that of the officer who saw a pool party full of black kids as an imminent threat. It was with the actions of an officer who saw non-compliance from an almost naked and clearly unarmed and non-threatening black teenage girl, and thought that was reasonable and justified grounds for taking her down.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]