Answering Father Barron

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2017, 08:05 PM
RE: Answering Father Barron
OP, if you want me to watch your videos, your job is to actually sell me on the idea. I'm not watching them just because you said.

Why should I watch them? What's in it for me?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Aliza's post
27-02-2017, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2017 08:12 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(27-02-2017 07:14 PM)unfogged Wrote:  "Aggressive Secularism"

That 's about it.
It's like "How DARE you question what we've been able to pass off for centuries with no back-talk ?" It's anger that anyone DARES to question the bullshit, and make them justify what they never really had to, before. Is "evangelization" *aggressive gospeling" ? They think it should only work one way, and they're pissed as hell that non-belief has become acceptable. 10% of Americans are ex-Catholics ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 9 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-02-2017, 08:11 PM
(27-02-2017 07:24 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
Quote: interested in engaging with atheists.

Please take this with the charity that's intended, but that's a quote from your Intro thread. Part of engaging, is to actually talk with people, instead of just posting Bishop Barron at them.

I appreciate you so much. Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-02-2017, 08:18 PM
(27-02-2017 07:14 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 07:06 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5zaYDpiOj8

"Aggressive Secularism" Laughat

Consider Legislated separation of church and state? The Constitution? I like it. "The United States of America - an Experiment in Aggressive Secularism."

#sigh
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-02-2017, 08:35 PM
(27-02-2017 08:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 07:14 PM)unfogged Wrote:  "Aggressive Secularism" Laughat

Consider Legislated separation of church and state? The Constitution? I like it. "The United States of America - an Experiment in Aggressive Secularism."

Assertive Secularism, maybe.

But obviously not aggressive enough.

Angel

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
27-02-2017, 08:53 PM
Three posts, all with links. No replies. Gee, I wonder if he'll be a dishonest Catholic ... oh, wait that's redundant.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
27-02-2017, 08:59 PM
(27-02-2017 08:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 07:24 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Please take this with the charity that's intended, but that's a quote from your Intro thread. Part of engaging, is to actually talk with people, instead of just posting Bishop Barron at them.

I appreciate you so much. Heart

Thanks Moms! I do appreciate that Smile Though to be 100% in the clear and not be one of Willhopp's "dishonest" Catholics, I've got to admit to not being a fan of Bishop Barron's videos. They always seem rather lazy and appealing to the lowest common denominator to me. Not sure if it's one of the three links posted thus far, but there's one where his whole "checkmate atheists" moment is "explain what happened before the Big Bang".

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Shai Hulud's post
27-02-2017, 09:14 PM
(27-02-2017 08:59 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 08:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I appreciate you so much. Heart

Thanks Moms! I do appreciate that Smile Though to be 100% in the clear and not be one of Willhopp's "dishonest" Catholics, I've got to admit to not being a fan of Bishop Barron's videos. They always seem rather lazy and appealing to the lowest common denominator to me. Not sure if it's one of the three links posted thus far, but there's one where his whole "checkmate atheists" moment is "explain what happened before the Big Bang".

That's the problem. In his environment, he's celebrated .... but in fact he's laughable in his obvious bs. He got away so long with it in his ivory tower, he thinks it can be translated to a wider audience. He's really not all that bright. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-02-2017, 09:36 PM
(27-02-2017 08:59 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 08:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I appreciate you so much. Heart

I thought we already covered this in another thread. Lots of foreplay Wink
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
27-02-2017, 09:52 PM
I have a feeling this dude's a drive-by anyway.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post