Answering Father Barron

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2017, 07:56 PM
RE: Answering Father Barron
(28-02-2017 01:52 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  A fair point RS, I only skimmed to see it was less inflammatory for the first point and didn't get down to Lee...Strobel... *sigh* My bad for not reading through the whole thing before posting it.

No worries, mate. That's why I phrased my reply the way I did. I knew you'd just seen the top sentence where he starts out almost-respectful, and hadn't gotten as far as Strobel, or you wouldn't have posted it.

I'd like to say again how proud I am of you for your honest evaluation of Strobel's most famous book, and trying to see it the way an actual skeptic (that is, someone who doesn't go into it already believing) sees those types of claims.

I say it because of guys like LustfulGluttonousGreedySlothfulWrathfulEnviousProudCatholic, here, who only claim to be trying to understand atheists, and who claim that it is we who are being insufficiently open-minded.

Seemingly without fail, we can expect that anyone who comes to this forum and says, "You atheists think _______" in fact has no idea how to think (rationally) at all, let alone how we think, and then proceeds to demonstrate this principle for us almost immediately.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-02-2017, 09:34 PM
(28-02-2017 07:56 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Seemingly without fail, we can expect that anyone who comes to this forum and says, "You atheists think _______" in fact has no idea how to think (rationally) at all, let alone how we think, and then proceeds to demonstrate this principle for us almost immediately.

You atheists think that having oxygen in the atmosphere is a good thing!

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
28-02-2017, 10:22 PM
(28-02-2017 09:34 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 07:56 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Seemingly without fail, we can expect that anyone who comes to this forum and says, "You atheists think _______" in fact has no idea how to think (rationally) at all, let alone how we think, and then proceeds to demonstrate this principle for us almost immediately.

You atheists think that having oxygen in the atmosphere is a good thing!

Big Grin

I'm just here for the nitrogen.
#aliensamongus

Smile

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
01-03-2017, 05:21 AM
(28-02-2017 09:34 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  You atheists think that having oxygen in the atmosphere is a good thing!

Well, that does cause an awful lot of fires.

Sadcryface
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
01-03-2017, 06:03 AM
(28-02-2017 07:56 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 01:52 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  A fair point RS, I only skimmed to see it was less inflammatory for the first point and didn't get down to Lee...Strobel... *sigh* My bad for not reading through the whole thing before posting it.

No worries, mate. That's why I phrased my reply the way I did. I knew you'd just seen the top sentence where he starts out almost-respectful, and hadn't gotten as far as Strobel, or you wouldn't have posted it.

I'd like to say again how proud I am of you for your honest evaluation of Strobel's most famous book, and trying to see it the way an actual skeptic (that is, someone who doesn't go into it already believing) sees those types of claims.

I say it because of guys like LustfulGluttonousGreedySlothfulWrathfulEnviousProudCatholic, here, who only claim to be trying to understand atheists, and who claim that it is we who are being insufficiently open-minded.

Seemingly without fail, we can expect that anyone who comes to this forum and says, "You atheists think _______" in fact has no idea how to think (rationally) at all, let alone how we think, and then proceeds to demonstrate this principle for us almost immediately.

Yeah, anyone who says, "You atheists think..." is actually giving away the fact that all their thinking is done for them, and that they can't imagine any other way to be.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
01-03-2017, 06:35 AM
(01-03-2017 06:03 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Yeah, anyone who says, "You atheists think..." is actually giving away the fact that all their thinking is done for them, and that they can't imagine any other way to be.

That's what all you atheists think.
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
01-03-2017, 08:38 AM
Yes, and the term for telling others what they think, is "gaslighting". Theists are great at it, they practice it on each other.
[+] 3 users Like mordant's post