Answering Sye

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
06-02-2016, 04:15 PM
RE: Answering Sye

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
08-02-2016, 10:11 AM
I have not read this entire thread but Youtuber AntiCitizenX has a great response to a Presup.

"The reason we develop beliefs is because we understand beliefs are a functional guide for our actions, our understanding, and decisions
And we measure the strength of that belief based on its capability to provide desirable, repeatable, predictive outcomes .
Decisions based on true beliefs will manifest themselves in controlled predictable experiences while false beliefs will eventually fail in that goal.
Determining beliefs in this way allows us to be capable of predicting events and creating explanations for why events occurred.
No other method works with this success. How do we know? We have survived up to this point without being hit by a bus.
If your epistemic methodology isn't capable of making precise predictions to solve problems it's literally useless and not needed or required in any way.
What solution to what problem is resolved by simply Concluding god
If it can't be demonstrated in reality to help solve a problem what is it's purpose?
That is why Science works.
Expressed clearly

AntiCitizenX says
"We collect empirical data, we formulate it as a rationally descriptive model of objective reality, we exercise a decision accordingly, and then we empirically observe the outcome."
and...
"Decisions based on “true” beliefs will therefore manifest themselves in the form of controlled, predictable experiences, while decisions based on “false” beliefs will eventually fail in that goal. Any beliefs that refuse to drive any actions whatsoever, even in principle, are thus effectively reduced to useless rhetorical gibberish."

So I am justified in believing what I believe because those beliefs have helped me meet my goals. As soon as I begin to fail meeting my goals, I will reevaluate my beliefs.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2016, 12:18 PM
(08-02-2016 10:11 AM)CONVERSIONTUBE Wrote:  I have not read this entire thread but Youtuber AntiCitizenX has a great response to a Presup.

"The reason we develop beliefs is because we understand beliefs are a functional guide for our actions, our understanding, and decisions
And we measure the strength of that belief based on its capability to provide desirable, repeatable, predictive outcomes .
Decisions based on true beliefs will manifest themselves in controlled predictable experiences while false beliefs will eventually fail in that goal.
Determining beliefs in this way allows us to be capable of predicting events and creating explanations for why events occurred.
No other method works with this success. How do we know? We have survived up to this point without being hit by a bus.
If your epistemic methodology isn't capable of making precise predictions to solve problems it's literally useless and not needed or required in any way.
If it can't be demonstrated in reality to help solve a problem what is it's purpose?
Expressed clearly

AntiCitizenX says
"We collect empirical data, we formulate it as a rationally descriptive model of objective reality, we exercise a decision accordingly, and then we empirically observe the outcome."
and...
"Decisions based on “true” beliefs will therefore manifest themselves in the form of controlled, predictable experiences, while decisions based on “false” beliefs will eventually fail in that goal. Any beliefs that refuse to drive any actions whatsoever, even in principle, are thus effectively reduced to useless rhetorical gibberish."

So I am justified in believing what I believe because those beliefs have helped me meet my goals. As soon as I begin to fail meeting my goals, I will reevaluate my beliefs.

Yeah. We think, we make mistakes, we correct and we learn better how to think. It's all we have, our mind, to deal with the world, imperfect as it is, it is still perfectly adequate to live and thrive. I would be appalled if my tactic for defending my philosophy were to constantly be on the attack against the mind as presuppositionalism does.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
20-02-2016, 10:23 AM
I'm trying to decide whether Sye Tenbruggencate is a giant douche or a turd sandwich and have decided he is both and more than that he is a dishonest patronising self-righteous cunt. Of all the xtian apologists perhaps with the exception of Ken Ham he is the one who winds me up the most.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
26-02-2016, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2016 09:22 PM by SitaSky.)
I can only account for my logic and knowledge because my logic and knowledge have helped me my entire life navigate every facet of my life and has rarely let me down. If I've always known hot water burns me I know not to stick my hand in boiling water. I can also verify another person's logic by doing the same thing they are doing or by using everything I know to be true at this point from my experience. It's just like how scientists need to be peer reviewed, it's not a real theory unless it's duplicated in controlled conditions. If my logic and reason continues to validate my perceptions of reality I will continue to rely on them just like everyone does.

For example if I have a dream that Jesus came to me and told me he loved me I would think "Well, that's a strange dream, oh well!" but if I was a Christian I would say "Jesus visited me last night in a dream." But, that would not be logical, it would be emotional since my entire life I know my dreams aren't real, like I can't actually fly like I have in some dreams so there's no reason to doubt that now just because it was a religious dream and it made me feel good. Many believers only have faith because it makes them warm and fuzzy inside, it makes me happy to be an Atheist so I will continue to be so until a hard core spiritual event happens that I really can't explain occurs right in from of me. Even then I'll most likely chalk it up to being temporarily insane.
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
26-02-2016, 09:37 PM
(08-02-2016 10:11 AM)CONVERSIONTUBE Wrote:  I have not read this entire thread but Youtuber AntiCitizenX has a great response to a Presup.

Expressed clearly

AntiCitizenX says
and...

One problem. Those are not "beliefs", (in the sense religious people use the term). They are ''expectations", not "beliefs".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-02-2016, 01:08 AM
(26-02-2016 09:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 10:11 AM)CONVERSIONTUBE Wrote:  So I am justified in believing what I believe because those beliefs have helped me meet my goals. As soon as I begin to fail meeting my goals, I will reevaluate my beliefs.

One problem. Those are not "beliefs", (in the sense religious people use the term). They are ''expectations", not "beliefs".

Language imprecision strikes again. One of the more fruitful hideouts for religious intellectuals.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.