Answers In Genesis: DEBUNKED and EXPOSED

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2016, 09:16 AM
RE: Answers In Genesis: DEBUNKED and EXPOSED
(15-03-2016 10:00 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 06:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I think we've moved on. No one cares about the stupidity of AIG.
Life is short.

Except my friend who is a professor of biology sent it to me as a place he goes when he is "struggling." Whatever that means. These people can't be stamped out of existence fast enough.

Yikes! It's like, maybe he should have considered a different career...

"I've paid tens of thousands of dollars and spent most of my life learning these things I know in my heart not to be true. What am I to do?"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2016, 02:31 PM
(16-03-2016 09:16 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 10:00 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Except my friend who is a professor of biology sent it to me as a place he goes when he is "struggling." Whatever that means. These people can't be stamped out of existence fast enough.

"I've paid tens of thousands of dollars and spent most of my life learning these things I know in my heart not to be true. What am I to do?"

The really crazy thing is that he has to teach evolution on some level. He was teaching a zoology course this semester. How you could teach zoology and not talk about evolution I will never know. I really want to ask him if he could go before his examination board and make any argument that is on the AIG site and still be awarded a PhD. I really doubt it.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
16-03-2016, 02:31 PM
(16-03-2016 09:16 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 10:00 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Except my friend who is a professor of biology sent it to me as a place he goes when he is "struggling." Whatever that means. These people can't be stamped out of existence fast enough.

It's likely deliberate. He'll be able to publish cretin science with a PhD after his name. It's a wonderful little bit of cretinist dishonesty that happens more frequently than you'd think. We have a couple in geology. The obvious flaw is that the science doesn't mesh with the dogma except in very select cherry-picked cases. They inevitably end up employed as flunkies of Ken Ham or some similar imbecile.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
16-03-2016, 02:34 PM
(16-03-2016 02:31 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 09:16 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Yikes! It's like, maybe he should have considered a different career...

It's likely deliberate. He'll be able to publish cretin science with a PhD after his name. It's a wonderful little bit of cretinist dishonesty that happens more frequently than you'd think. We have a couple in geology. The obvious flaw is that the science doesn't mesh with the dogma except in very select cherry-picked cases. They inevitably end up employed as flunkies of Ken Ham or some similar imbecile.

Actually, no he doesn't. He was just awarded an NSF grant. Obviously, it is nothing creation related. Honestly, I kind of doibt whether he actually read anything on their site. I know that he is not a YEC. I think he actually understands and accepts evolution. I just think he linked the first site he found and didn't know too much about them.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
16-03-2016, 02:39 PM
(15-03-2016 06:55 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  The notion that Humans and dinosaurs lived concurrently is so silly that it isn't even debatable.

But... Dragons!

[Image: Blue_dragon_by_amisgaudi-d2a8qfu.jpg]

I know, I know. Needs more unicorns.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post