Anthony Magnabosco's Street Epistemology

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2014, 07:46 AM
Anthony Magnabosco's Street Epistemology
Anthony Magnabosco breaks down his interviews with random people on the street about their beliefs. Part 1 here:

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
25-11-2014, 04:34 PM
RE: Anthony Magnabosco's Street Epistemology
Interesting videos; thanks

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
25-11-2014, 05:44 PM
I read most of that book and watched the video. For me, it gets back to the Golden Rule. I don't want JWs coming to my door or preaching to me at Lowe's so why would I do to them what I don't want them to do to me. If someone brings it up to me I will defend and educate, but to just willfully seek out believers, no thanks.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2014, 05:51 PM
(25-11-2014 05:44 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I read most of that book and watched the video. For me, it gets back to the Golden Rule. I don't want JWs coming to my door or preaching to me at Lowe's so why would I do to them what I don't want them to do to me. If someone brings it up to me I will defend and educate, but to just willfully seek out believers, no thanks.

Agreed. I don't seek out believers but I have participated in "ask an atheist" events. A few of us will just set up in a public space and be willing to talk to theists who approach us. I have found that a low-key, questioning style generally results in longer conversations and more moments when you can see that they are thinking about something in a different way than they did before. A more direct approach is sometimes fun too though!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP