Anthrax Attacks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Anthrax Attacks
I can call myself a diehard skeptic, always making fun of conspiracy nuts.

However, there's only one case which stirs up my doubts.
And it is 2001 Anthrax attacks.

How can it be that allocation of such amount of manpower - detectives, scientific experts, surveillance material - yielded an unprecedentedly miserable outcome?

For years, since 2005 to 2008, if I'm not mistaken, the only suspect was Bruce Ivins,
a controversial person, who was not even arrested and interrogated, and was allowed
to commit suicide in 2008.

In 2010, the FBI finally closed the investigation. No wanted ones, no arrests.

If it's not a conspiracy, it still holds the highest position in my unsolved crimes list.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2013, 03:16 PM
RE: Anthrax Attacks
It's cause the FBI pulled another fucking Richard Jewell fiasco and aggressively investigated the wrong man Steven Hatfill. And then when they realized they got the wrong man they was like a blood hound who lost the scent. I don't think the FBI is generally incompetent but when they get it wrong they can really get it wrong.

The National Academy of Sciences pretty much reamed out the FBI for their conclusion that they could definitively trace the spores to a batch maintained by Ivins. That said, dude was likely guilty. "Contrary to popular opinion, running is not usually an indication of innocence." - Warehouse 13

There's a difference between an incompetent and feckless investigation and a conspiracy.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post