Anthropogenic climate change and the denial of science.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Anthropogenic climate change and the denial of science.
(31-05-2015 05:42 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 12:18 AM)morondog Wrote:  We are *currently* Fing up in the most epic fail way possible. Beardy is proposing mitigation.

I know. And I laud him for it. But I think our effort is better served by lessening our impact and adaptation. I'd rather not hear someone say "OOPS...I was just trying to fix it !!! Sorry, my bad !"

Lessening our impact would mean more than just altering our current ways but also trying to undo at least some of our impacts.

As for having an "oops". That's why we should be pushing scientists to do experiments to find out what effects we can't model or discern from smaller scale experiments or from the rock record. But the attitude that we just shouldn't do it, immediately removes any good options we may discover from the table.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
31-05-2015, 07:14 PM
RE: Anthropogenic climate change and the denial of science.
(31-05-2015 06:22 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 05:42 PM)The Drake Wrote:  I know. And I laud him for it. But I think our effort is better served by lessening our impact and adaptation. I'd rather not hear someone say "OOPS...I was just trying to fix it !!! Sorry, my bad !"

Lessening our impact would mean more than just altering our current ways but also trying to undo at least some of our impacts.

As for having an "oops". That's why we should be pushing scientists to do experiments to find out what effects we can't model or discern from smaller scale experiments or from the rock record. But the attitude that we just shouldn't do it, immediately removes any good options we may discover from the table.

By our own existence we've done plenty of damage without even knowingly trying. Initially by our naivety, then by our ignorance, and now (knowingly) by our arrogance. I agree that we should be researching ways to reverse our effect on the environment, but smaller steps should be taken as well. A lot of a little thing adds up to a whole bunch.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply