Anti-Ageing on the Cheap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2013, 04:00 AM
RE: Anti-Ageing on the Cheap
(20-12-2013 05:23 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Nah, Girly, that's too complicated. I just made a painting of myself and put it in the attic , and it will grow old instead of me.
I've read somewhere that's the proper way. Consider

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Picture_of_Dorian_Gray
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Misanthrope's post
31-12-2013, 03:04 PM
(20-12-2013 04:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So this has been known for a while now, but because it involved David Sinclair who pioneered the research on resveratrol it's suddenly newsworthy: Turning back time: ageing reversed in mice

The chemical used was β-Nicotinamide mononucleotide which you can buy for like $1500/gram as a research chemical or you could just buy niacinamide (aka nicotinamide) for like, fucking free. Tongue

Here's the chemistry for you geeks: Nicotinic Acid, Nicotinamide, and Nicotinamide Riboside: A Molecular Evaluation of NAD+ Precursor Vitamins in Human Nutrition

While the anti-ageing effects have so far only been observed in mice, niacinamide's ability to increase glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity has been observed in double-blind placebo-controlled human trials. Like resveratrol, it's been part of my pre-diabetes stack for a while now.

Do you take Niacin or Niacinamide? From what I gather Niacinamide doesn't do the same thing as Niacin. It's the Niacin that does the trick. I'm taking Niacin in a small dose but I use Niacinamide on my skin which I make at home. It's amazing, incredible stuff. I order the Niacinamide powder from Lotion Crafters and mix it in distilled water with a base cream.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
31-12-2013, 05:12 PM
(31-12-2013 03:04 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-12-2013 04:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So this has been known for a while now, but because it involved David Sinclair who pioneered the research on resveratrol it's suddenly newsworthy: Turning back time: ageing reversed in mice

The chemical used was β-Nicotinamide mononucleotide which you can buy for like $1500/gram as a research chemical or you could just buy niacinamide (aka nicotinamide) for like, fucking free. Tongue

Here's the chemistry for you geeks: Nicotinic Acid, Nicotinamide, and Nicotinamide Riboside: A Molecular Evaluation of NAD+ Precursor Vitamins in Human Nutrition

While the anti-ageing effects have so far only been observed in mice, niacinamide's ability to increase glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity has been observed in double-blind placebo-controlled human trials. Like resveratrol, it's been part of my pre-diabetes stack for a while now.

Do you take Niacin or Niacinamide? From what I gather Niacinamide doesn't do the same thing as Niacin. It's the Niacin that does the trick. I'm taking Niacin in a small dose but I use Niacinamide on my skin which I make at home. It's amazing, incredible stuff. I order the Niacinamide powder from Lotion Crafters and mix it in distilled water with a base cream.

I take niacinamide orally. They got completely different MOAs even though they're both called B3. The anti-ageing studies were done using nicotinamide (aka niacinamide). Some people use niacin to boost HDL cholesterol (marginally at best, ETOH is far more effective for that). My HDL is 102 mg/dl so it don't need no boosting. Also I've read studies on pubmed where niacin actually increases insulin resistance where niacinamide increases insulin sensitivity. Weird, huh? So my prediabetic insulin-resistant fatass don't want no part of niacin. Guess it's all about where you dick with the freaky Rube Goldberg machine going on inside us. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
31-12-2013, 09:58 PM
(31-12-2013 05:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 03:04 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Do you take Niacin or Niacinamide? From what I gather Niacinamide doesn't do the same thing as Niacin. It's the Niacin that does the trick. I'm taking Niacin in a small dose but I use Niacinamide on my skin which I make at home. It's amazing, incredible stuff. I order the Niacinamide powder from Lotion Crafters and mix it in distilled water with a base cream.

I take niacinamide orally. They got completely different MOAs even though they're both called B3. The anti-ageing studies were done using nicotinamide (aka niacinamide). Some people use niacin to boost HDL cholesterol (marginally at best, ETOH is far more effective for that). My HDL is 102 mg/dl so it don't need no boosting. Also I've read studies on pubmed where niacin actually increases insulin resistance where niacinamide increases insulin sensitivity. Weird, huh? So my prediabetic insulin-resistant fatass don't want no part of niacin. Guess it's all about where you dick with the freaky Rube Goldberg machine going on inside us. Big Grin

There's a thread over on Longecity about NAD that you might be interested in.

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/676...kes-again/

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
31-12-2013, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2014 01:12 AM by GirlyMan.)
(31-12-2013 09:58 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 05:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I take niacinamide orally. They got completely different MOAs even though they're both called B3. The anti-ageing studies were done using nicotinamide (aka niacinamide). Some people use niacin to boost HDL cholesterol (marginally at best, ETOH is far more effective for that). My HDL is 102 mg/dl so it don't need no boosting. Also I've read studies on pubmed where niacin actually increases insulin resistance where niacinamide increases insulin sensitivity. Weird, huh? So my prediabetic insulin-resistant fatass don't want no part of niacin. Guess it's all about where you dick with the freaky Rube Goldberg machine going on inside us. Big Grin

There's a thread over on Longecity about NAD that you might be interested in.

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/676...kes-again/

Yup. Thanks. That was actually what motivated me to post here. Been following them longevity fuckers for years. There are some seriously smart fucks over there who ain't adverse to self-experimentation. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
31-12-2013, 11:21 PM
The only anti-aging in which I am interested is that associated with immortality.
01-01-2014, 01:16 AM
(31-12-2013 11:21 PM)Foxen Wrote:  The only anti-aging in which I am interested is that associated with immortality.

What level of attenuation you looking for?

01-01-2014, 01:23 AM
Are you certain attenuation is the term for which you were seeking to use?
01-01-2014, 02:19 AM
(01-01-2014 01:23 AM)Foxen Wrote:  Are you certain attenuation is the term for which you were seeking to use?

Yup.