Anti-Aging

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2014, 07:53 AM
RE: Anti-Aging
ShockingShockingShocking

Yo-- we girly girls were kinda having a chat bout face cream and looking pretty and you dogs are all like cancer and shit............. WTF?

ShockingShockingShocking

dude

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2014, 07:56 AM
Ah, but it's really interesting, and it kinda relates... But maybe we need a cancer thread.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-02-2014, 08:00 AM
(08-02-2014 07:53 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  ShockingShockingShocking

Yo-- we girly girls were kinda having a chat bout face cream and looking pretty and you dogs are all like cancer and shit............. WTF?

ShockingShockingShocking

dude

I wasn't talking about cancer...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-02-2014, 08:01 AM
(08-02-2014 07:56 AM)Dom Wrote:  Ah, but it's really interesting, and it kinda relates... But maybe we need a cancer thread.

Oh it does.
I was trying to be funny. I hate when I try to sound funny and it doesn't work.
So embarrassing.Angry

08-02-2014, 08:04 AM
(08-02-2014 08:01 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 07:56 AM)Dom Wrote:  Ah, but it's really interesting, and it kinda relates... But maybe we need a cancer thread.

Oh it does.
So embarrassing.Angry

Haha, why is it that it's funny when someone says they did something embarrassing? Now, THAT is embarrassing! Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-02-2014, 08:06 AM
(08-02-2014 08:04 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 08:01 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Oh it does.
So embarrassing.Angry

Haha, why is it that it's funny when someone says they did something embarrassing? Now, THAT is embarrassing! Tongue

I may just be too old to pull off slang/rapper speech............

*hangs head in shame*No

08-02-2014, 08:17 AM
(08-02-2014 08:06 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 08:04 AM)Dom Wrote:  Haha, why is it that it's funny when someone says they did something embarrassing? Now, THAT is embarrassing! Tongue

I may just be too old to pull off slang/rapper speech............

*hangs head in shame*No

You will know that you're old when you are too old to give a shit that you are too old for some shit... Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-02-2014, 08:19 AM
(08-02-2014 08:00 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 07:53 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  ShockingShockingShocking

ShockingShockingShocking

dude

I wasn't talking about cancer...

Well, yes and no, and that conversation was super interesting. Would cost me a lot of time and effort to start from scratch gathering all that info.

08-02-2014, 08:38 AM
(08-02-2014 07:48 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Correlation ≠ Causation

Exercise activates telomerase production.

I never denied that cancer lines need a mechanism to maintain telomeres.

Carcinogen: A carcinogen is any substance, radionuclide, or radiation that is an agent directly involved in causing cancer.

By that definition, substances that activate telomerase, a protein which is switched off purely for the purpose of avoiding cancer, is a carcinogen.

There is nothing to discuss, and I don't think we disagree. Maybe there is a misunderstanding here. Carcinogens can lead to cancer, but don't necessarily. Telomerase activating substances may cause cancer, but don't necessarily.

Still, I wouldn't advise the consumption of carcinogens, because of the risk of cancer. Health comes definitely first, beauty second Smile

I have never heard that exercise activates telomerase. Could you please send me a pm with a source for that claim? Might be interesting to read.

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
08-02-2014, 12:37 PM
(08-02-2014 07:48 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Exercise activates telomerase production.

Yabut that's like saying bigass deadlifts increase testosterone. It's the difference between endogenous production and exogenous supplementation. The endogenous production is not likely to be harmful and will be self-regulating and limiting. Slapping Androgel on my Girly ass has a far bigger effect on my testosterone levels than deadlifts ever could. Think it's likely the same with telomerase.

(08-02-2014 08:38 AM)Youkay Wrote:  I have never heard that exercise activates telomerase. Could you please send me a pm with a source for that claim? Might be interesting to read.

There are a few on pubmed. Just search it.

#sigh