Anti-Aging

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2014, 08:28 AM
RE: Anti-Aging
(30-01-2014 07:28 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Am I too young to start using anti-aging treatments? And do they even work?

Nobody is too young to start using anti-aging treatments, although as far as I know - only one of them actually works.

It's called "acceptance of truth". It's simple biological fact that we all grow old and die, it's never helpful to be in denial of truth.

And here's the wonderful, amazing thing I've discovered! If I fully come to terms with truth, fully accept it and make it my friend, then it always stops bugging me and I find i just forget about whatever it is I was worried about.

Simple objective reality is - in actual fact - the gold standard for how reality should be. If I don't like reality, I guess I can run away from it but it should be obvious I cannot hide, sooner or later cause and effect will get it's teeth into me. So instead of wasting time and energy running, why not just turn round 180 degrees, face the mental demons now and be done with it?

Phil
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2014, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2014 09:07 AM by DeepThought.)
Re: RE: Anti-Aging
(14-08-2014 08:28 AM)phil.a Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 07:28 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Am I too young to start using anti-aging treatments? And do they even work?

Nobody is too young to start using anti-aging treatments, although as far as I know - only one of them actually works.

It's called "acceptance of truth". It's simple biological fact that we all grow old and die, it's never helpful to be in denial of truth.

And here's the wonderful, amazing thing I've discovered! If I fully come to terms with truth, fully accept it and make it my friend, then it always stops bugging me and I find i just forget about whatever it is I was worried about.

Simple objective reality is - in actual fact - the gold standard for how reality should be. If I don't like reality, I guess I can run away from it but it should be obvious I cannot hide, sooner or later cause and effect will get it's teeth into me. So instead of wasting time and energy running, why not just turn round 180 degrees, face the mental demons now and be done with it?

Phil

There is accepting facts, and there are also plenty of methods to prolong health span, and lots of science shows stong evidence of %10-%15 average lifespan extension through various methods.

It is fact that we can now delay the age related health decline and compress that decline to the last few years of life. It is a lifestyle choice.

Personally I think too many people are cynical and lazily content in ignorance and negativity claiming that nothing can be done.

Times are changing. Science is advancing and regenerative medicine is around the corner. The time of crippling injuries and permanent disability is coming to an end. Cripples cost money. Making our disabled people productive members of society is a worthy investment no matter who pays.

Allot of people have a rediculous view of what a world with anti aging technology would look like and have visions of distorted plastic surgery altered bodies that are atificially kept alive while rotting and falling apart on the inside.

Anti aging technology is when our knowledge of cells allows us to bring the body back to a more youthful state, possibly by altering epigenetic cell programming and maybe adding some genes to cells, or reprogramming the immune system cells to fight cancer, etc. We have members of our population who are immune to many cancers though their genes. Unravelling these mysteries is bringing all this really close.

I hope I'm around long enough to benefit from it, but if I'm not at least I can use my small insignificant voice to push this technology forward and hopefully have a positive impact for those that come after me.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
15-08-2014, 05:10 PM
RE: Anti-Aging
Perhaps rather than all the high tech hype a balanced approach to nutrition, cardio work, relaxation, and weight training is the way to go.
I will be 73 next year, am quite heavy into cardio and weights, and try to eat sensibly.
Managed to reduce my cholesterol considerably after a scare about a year ago by nutritional changes (rather than statins) and stepping up the cardio a bit.
Despite a mini stroke several months ago I remain positive re physical issues, along with the psychological ones.

Can't say I spring out of bed with abounding joy though; actually I woke early round 3 this morning and got up for a bite to eat at 4. On returning into bed, I slipped straining my back.Confused
Was trying to retrieve a pillow, had earlier altered the bed from s/w to n/e and this may may dis oriented me.... That's my excuse anyhow~! Its still off to the gymThumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post