Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2014, 02:34 PM
RE: Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism
(07-09-2014 02:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 02:28 PM)I Slappa DaFace Wrote:  those that simply want women to feel like they can say and do anything they want about the opposite sex without consequence

Because there are so many of those... Rolleyes

WTF kind of crap are people regurgitating about feminism that something like this can be said seriously?

Why are you making such a statement, as if you've read some imaginary sentence from my post saying that there are 'many of them'? I see those women on television a few times, why do I need to explain such simple statements? It would seem somebody has a chip on their shoulder.

[Image: tumblr_mhlahyonF51qaozevo1_250.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes I Slappa DaFace's post
07-09-2014, 02:37 PM
In ANY movement, there are outliers who make a lot of noise, and unfortunately, bring down the entire group...or try to...making it appear like the ENTIRE group thinks the way they do. That is the most potent problem of feminist outliers...they tend to skew the issues, for their own agendas, and then the entire movement looks like it's in agreement.

I'm a feminist, but I'm a proponent of what the initial movement was to be about...equality for all. Not special rights for women.

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Deidre32's post
07-09-2014, 02:39 PM
(07-09-2014 02:34 PM)I Slappa DaFace Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 02:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  Because there are so many of those... Rolleyes

WTF kind of crap are people regurgitating about feminism that something like this can be said seriously?

Why are you making such a statement, as if you've read some imaginary sentence from my post saying that there are 'many of them'? I see those women on television a few times, why do I need to explain such simple statements? It would seem somebody has a chip on their shoulder.

Yeah, chip on my shoulder, right Rolleyes Carry on.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
07-09-2014, 02:40 PM
(07-09-2014 02:37 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  In ANY movement, there are outliers who make a lot of noise, and unfortunately, bring down the entire group...or try to...making it appear like the ENTIRE group thinks the way they do. That is the most potent problem of feminist outliers...they tend to skew the issues, for their own agendas, and then the entire movement looks like it's in agreement.

I'm a feminist, but I'm a proponent of what the initial movement was to be about...equality for all. Not special rights for women.

This.

Now I shall retire from this thread. Laugh out load

[Image: tumblr_mhlahyonF51qaozevo1_250.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like I Slappa DaFace's post
07-09-2014, 02:41 PM
(07-09-2014 02:37 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  In ANY movement, there are outliers who make a lot of noise, and unfortunately, bring down the entire group...or try to...making it appear like the ENTIRE group thinks the way they do. That is the most potent problem of feminist outliers...they tend to skew the issues, for their own agendas, and then the entire movement looks like it's in agreement.

I'm gonna disagree with you here - I think it's the critics of feminism who put in the hard yards to demonize it, and largely seem to be succeeding.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
07-09-2014, 02:41 PM

Yeah i said in many post that i don't want to call myself feminist because the initial movement is now infested with a small but very loud minority of feminazis and i was called a woman hater.
07-09-2014, 02:42 PM
(07-09-2014 02:41 PM)Antonis Wrote:  

Yeah i said in many post that i don't want to call myself feminist because the initial movement is now infested with a small but very loud minority of feminazis and i was called a woman hater.

Read your rep - I removed that since you are so sensitive about certain words.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-09-2014, 02:44 PM
(07-09-2014 02:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  

I'm gonna disagree with you here - I think it's the critics of feminism who put in the hard yards to demonize it, and largely seem to be succeeding.

No she is right every movement that has such a broad definition will always have outliers it doesnt matter if its feminism, atheism or whatever
07-09-2014, 02:47 PM
(07-09-2014 02:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 02:41 PM)Antonis Wrote:  Yeah i said in many post that i don't want to call myself feminist because the initial movement is now infested with a small but very loud minority of feminazis and i was called a woman hater.

Read your rep - I removed that since you are so sensitive about certain words.

Thank you, i am sorry of i came out as a whiner but i don't like be called things that i despise so much.
07-09-2014, 02:51 PM
(07-09-2014 02:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  

You'd be surprised how many of those 'critics' are the feminist outliers. Blush

But, I don't disagree...there's a mixture of the two. Point being though, that any movement, or ideology, has noisy pro-movement outliers who can poison the drinking water for everyone. While I like Richard Dawkins, I don't share his views on everything regarding atheism, even though I consider myself to be an atheist. That's more of what I'm trying to convey.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post