Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2014, 06:22 PM
RE: Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism
(07-09-2014 05:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 05:54 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So I am guessing he is invalid.

Go google him.

I know who he is, and I know his words are popular, as I go by let the idiots do their thing, eventually they will fall(besides once I move out of america I could care less what happens here.)

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2014, 06:40 PM
(07-09-2014 05:56 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: Bw8KI0mIMAEjRVi.jpg]

A great Feminist.

That is laughable. If you really think that only old white men are taken seriously, I encourage you to open your eyes and turn on the TV for once in your life.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
07-09-2014, 07:43 PM

A great Feminist.

Love, love, LOVE him! This one always makes me tear up. Crap audio and video, but the message is there Heart

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
07-09-2014, 07:44 PM

In light of smercury's post, deleted my comment.

Be true to yourself. Heart
07-09-2014, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 01:40 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(07-09-2014 09:04 AM)Antonis Wrote:  You see from the countries you named only 3 of them was of the last decade. I said in one of my previous post that one day feminism was usefull because women didn't have that rights. Nothing is won without a fight.

In case you hadn't notice, feminism is far more than just woman's suffrage. Women still make less on the dollar than men, they still do not have adequate representation in government and other fields.

(07-09-2014 09:04 AM)Antonis Wrote:  About the video games the are very intresting women protagonist Lara Croft,Aveline de Grandpré.

Lara Croft
[Image: tomb-raider-2013-lara-croftpainting-lara...aoqogr.jpg]

Aveline de Grandpré.
[Image: ACLiberation-Aveline_CoverArt.png]

"So to recap, we're looking for a playable developer created protagonist who is not sexy or traditionally hot, with unique personal motivations that don't fall into the usual stereotypes, is not reliant on men in some trite way, and is you know, original and creative."

Facepalm

Our best example is still a Cthulhu-esque snake monster god from a 2 decade old fighting game.

[Image: 723.jpg]

(07-09-2014 09:04 AM)Antonis Wrote:  Also there are games like saints row that you can choose gender you play.

"So to recap, we're looking for a playable developer created protagonist who is not sexy or traditionally hot, with unique personal motivations that don't fall into the usual stereotypes, is not reliant on men in some trite way, and is you know, original and creative."

Facepalm

Our best example is still a Cthulhu-esque snake monster god from a 2 decade old fighting game.

[Image: 723.jpg]

(07-09-2014 09:04 AM)Antonis Wrote:  The reason there are more male protagonist is the same reason like in the movies because male character sell more, and companys want money.

Are you implying that woman don't play games? Could it possibly be because there are no decent female protagonists for them to really relate too, because the entire industry is saturated in testosterone? Who wants to bet they'd make even more money if they made games that catered to both men and women, imagine that?

(07-09-2014 09:04 AM)Antonis Wrote:  You missing the point people don't hate anita because they are sexist.

Threats of rape say otherwise.

(07-09-2014 09:04 AM)Antonis Wrote:  Sure they are assholes because death threats is a step too far but they don't care about her gender.

Like fucking hell they don't care about her gender. There aren't many threats of rape being made at males within the game industry whenever they snafu, nobody is threatening to rape Phil Fish (developer of FEZ), Robert Kotick or John Riccitiello (the CEO's of Activision and Electrionc Arts).

Antonis Wrote:...because men get the short end of the stick in many situation too.

I'm still waiting for your cavalcade of examples of men getting the short end of the stick here.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-09-2014, 10:19 PM
(07-09-2014 06:40 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  

A great Feminist.

That is laughable. If you really think that only old white men are taken seriously, I encourage you to open your eyes and turn on the TV for once in your life.

You should practice "thinking" every once in a while.

Here in america, we see old (rich) white guys ever time we turn on our television. They are in charge of almost everything.

On a related note, I never thought I would have to convince someone of that.
[+] 7 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
07-09-2014, 10:45 PM
(07-09-2014 10:19 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 06:40 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  That is laughable. If you really think that only old white men are taken seriously, I encourage you to open your eyes and turn on the TV for once in your life.

You should practice "thinking" every once in a while.

Here in america, we see old (rich) white guys ever time we turn on our television. They are in charge of almost everything.

On a related note, I never thought I would have to convince someone of that.

The principle in an argument is challenge even basic facts because if you can get someone to debate you on "up is actually down" you may never have to defend your wilder claims, like for example the claim that "feminism does nothing for women" - still waiting for something to back that up, Res Drinking Beverage

Any of the anti-fem guys in this thread are also welcome to respond to the question "What good has anti-feminism ever done or can it do ?". If you're soooo goddamn sure that feminism is a bad thing, show me even the *potential* for anti-feminism to do something useful.

Even if Res can back up his ludicrous claim that modern feminism is a waste of time, you can't deny that historically feminism has had some major social victories - women can now vote, divorce their husbands without too much fuss, domestic violence is no longer something where people look the other way... a lot of good stuff has been done. I want to know what comparable social benefits being anti-feminist brings to the table?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
08-09-2014, 02:14 AM
Here's a non-exhaustive list of female game protagonist. See if you can guess what they all have in common.

Violette Summer - Velvet Assassin
[Image: 1694257-104038_2.jpg]

Samus Aran - METROID series
[Image: SamusAran.png]

Jade - Beyond Good & Evil
[Image: Jade-Beyond_Good_%26_Evil.png]

Nilin - Remember Me
[Image: 979_max.jpg]

Jill Valentine
[Image: jill_valentine_7_by_3smjill-d6mmnna.png]

Lightning - Final Fantasy XIII
[Image: lightningart1.jpg]

Heather Mason - Silent Hill 3
[Image: HeatherLight.jpg]

Maya - Borderlands 2
[Image: Maya_profile.jpg]

Red - Transistor
[Image: 772715_1bc90869d82e42e4ab9a8609e2053bef.png]

Lara Croft - Tomb Raider series
[Image: tombraider_taemf9ls.jpg]

Jodie Holmes - Beyond Two Souls
[Image: original.jpg]

Zoë Castillo - Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
[Image: ZoeRender.jpg]

Juliet Starling - Lolipop Chainsaw
[Image: julietstarling.jpg]

Rayne - Bloodrayne series
[Image: bloodrayne2blades.jpg]

Aya Brea - Parasite Eve series
[Image: 1687359-aya_brea_1.jpg]

If you answered 'traditionally attractive', you would be correct. Now think of how many male protagonists fall outside of that category. Quite the disparity, isn't it?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
08-09-2014, 02:26 AM
This is one of the rare cases where you're being really stupid, EK. I'll elaborate on this when I'm out of the hospital and don't have to type on a phone anymore.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
08-09-2014, 02:29 AM
From Dragon Quest 8 (the game I am currently replaying)

[Image: Dq8-yangus.jpg]

Yangus, the MC's follower

[Image: jessica_albert_from_dq8_by_wadamen-d7e06lm.png]

Jessica

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post