Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism
(06-09-2014 03:13 PM)Joh Wrote:  I guess this thread will detonate as I chose a relatively provocative title... but well, here it goes:

What is it with this anti-feminism in some "atheist circles" lately?

For instance I loved Thunderf00ts videos until he started complaining about feminism, misrepresenting feminism and harassing specific feminists to the point where he doesn't even take it seriously that Anita Sarkeesian now received death threats for what she thinks and does. He speaks of little else anymore! I had unsubscribed from his channel a couple of months ago and went back to it to see if anything had changed. Nope, it seems to get more extreme...
When you look at the comments on his videos, you see what kind of sexist people he attracts... And he (as well as The Amazing Atheist!) has so many subscribers that it may shed a terrible light on atheism and/or its "community"...
Yes, I know, nobody represents us... theoretically. But unfortunately I think in reality they sort of are...!? At least in the eyes of some people probably.

And yes, of course I am a feminist, I am all for equality! And I don't see myself not calling myself a feminist anymore because 3.5 feminists interpret feminism in a weird way that I don't necessarily agree with!

I used to love thunderfoot. But since he's been on this bent, I unsubscribed from his channel.

I doubt I'll ever go back.

Thumbsup

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-09-2014, 04:09 PM
(06-09-2014 04:07 PM)Antonis Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 04:00 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  And 6 posts. Who had post #6 in the raffle? You win a pie.

What?

...He's saying that 6 posts is all it took for someone with your opinion to arrive.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 8 users Like One Above All's post
06-09-2014, 04:10 PM
(06-09-2014 04:09 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 04:07 PM)Antonis Wrote:  What?

...He's saying that 6 posts is all it took for someone with your opinion to arrive.

thanks!
06-09-2014, 04:11 PM
I would have guessed the other idiot...

Res whatever.

But ah well.

Enjoy the pie Smerc

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-09-2014, 04:13 PM
(06-09-2014 04:02 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 04:00 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  And 6 posts. Who had post #6 in the raffle? You win a pie.

What? I'm confused.

Was waiting for the anti-feminists to show up.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
06-09-2014, 04:15 PM
(06-09-2014 04:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 04:02 PM)Logisch Wrote:  What? I'm confused.

Was waiting for the anti-feminists to show up.

Oh. I'm just here for the entertainment. These threads get super crazy.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post
06-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Bitching about feminists, then bitching about anti-feminists...seems we have people with mommy issues.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
06-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Personally i have nothing against feminism and i don't think that 'feminism poisons everyhing' but i believe the world don't need it anymore. It was very good and usefull in the 70s when women really have serious problems like less pay for the same work and no vote rights. Egalitarianism is they way now to make the world better. The only thing today feminists do is hating on things like the fact that video games are sexist because they make women be sex objects with big tits.
06-09-2014, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 04:29 PM by Metazoa Zeke.)

Now I can say both sides are stupid and it be justified.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
06-09-2014, 04:23 PM
(06-09-2014 04:15 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 04:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Was waiting for the anti-feminists to show up.

Oh. I'm just here for the entertainment. These threads get super crazy.

Happy spectating Popcorn we've had a few of these recently.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...theism-WTF

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...nism-again

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...mmigration

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post