Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2014, 07:47 PM
RE: Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism
(09-09-2014 07:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 06:56 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  Though, in order to be influenced on screen to such extremes as putting up hostile "friendzones" when a girl rejects her, wouldn't that person already have moral standards that are equivalent or lesser to what's happening on screen? That they don't have moral objections to what's being shown?

And in any case, it seems to me to be a stretch that one game allows you to date or have sex with a virtual woman as an in game choice to translate to entitled-assholism.

Thank you for agreeing with that. Smile

It is more about reinforcing the idea that women are trophies. It is by no means relegated just to video games, I'm sure if you thought about it you could come up with a dozen examples easily.

I dunno, seems like there isn't any intentional reinforcing for woman as trophies. People will see what they want to see in media even when it's not really there. Men could see a scantly clad and/or attractive female and choose the right 'choices' to just sleep with her and see her as nothing more than a sex object and does the same thing in real life to girls. Many games now are having strong, female main characters (or even side characters) with more character than just eye candy. Some can be pretty, but I have no qualms with that.

You could also say being able to go to a strip club in GTA and ogle at ladies with fondling or to get a lap dance is reinforcing that. And it can. Though, again, I don't think that shaming game devs for including that aspect would be effective.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2014, 07:57 PM
(09-09-2014 11:09 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 09:28 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  Ivy's suit is made possible by magic. Some magician said Wingardium Leviosa to her bosom and they magically float there. Big Grin

Yeah....magic...or plastic surgery.

I gotta say though. If I looked like that I'd probably want armour like that too! Tongue

If I were a girl, I'd be strutting the gals out with that armor as well. Big Grin Blush
09-09-2014, 07:59 PM
(09-09-2014 07:28 PM)pablo Wrote:  I was thinking of other examples of the way females are portrayed in media and old cartoons came to mind.

Off the top of my head there's Bluto dragging off a screaming Olive Oyl while Popeye tries to save her from almost certain rape.

Then there's Pepe' LePew forcing himself on a very unwilling female cat with no regards to her feelings. I think I remember him even drugging her at some point and trying to kidnap her.

Side note: I wonder if a Barbie hurts as much as a lego when you step on it barefooted. Consider

Nothing hurts worse than stepping on a stealthy Lego block.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-09-2014, 08:11 PM
(09-09-2014 07:47 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 07:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is more about reinforcing the idea that women are trophies. It is by no means relegated just to video games, I'm sure if you thought about it you could come up with a dozen examples easily.

I dunno, seems like there isn't any intentional reinforcing for woman as trophies. People will see what they want to see in media even when it's not really there. Men could see a scantly clad and/or attractive female and choose the right 'choices' to just sleep with her and see her as nothing more than a sex object and does the same thing in real life to girls. Many games now are having strong, female main characters (or even side characters) with more character than just eye candy. Some can be pretty, but I have no qualms with that.

You could also say being able to go to a strip club in GTA and ogle at ladies with fondling or to get a lap dance is reinforcing that. And it can. Though, again, I don't think that shaming game devs for including that aspect would be effective.

I don't thinking shaming anyone is a good idea. But people should be aware of this kind of thing. If I was a gaming dev and I wanted this kind of image in my game I would try to balance the scale with a positive portrayal elsewhere in the game.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-09-2014, 01:13 AM
Even as a misanthrope, I am anti-feminist because it includes only one half of the population and disregards the other. Even with the historical subjugation of the female gender, this is not fair.

If you're going to fight for rights and speak out against injustice without being exclusive, Humanism is the way to go. It includes everyone. Even I could get behind that on a moral level.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2014, 01:42 AM
(10-09-2014 01:13 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Even as a misanthrope, I am anti-feminist because it includes only one half of the population and disregards the other. Even with the historical subjugation of the female gender, this is not fair.

If you're going to fight for rights and speak out against injustice without being exclusive, Humanism is the way to go. It includes everyone. Even I could get behind that on a moral level.

Jesus H. FUCKING Christ. It's *fucking* semantics. Feminists *are not exclusive*... It's not like they say "Oh, and men can just go get fucked"...

I'm not pro gay rights, I'm pro rights for everyone. That's why it's better to be humanist Rolleyes So fuck all those gay rights campaigners.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
10-09-2014, 01:48 AM
(10-09-2014 01:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 01:13 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Even as a misanthrope, I am anti-feminist because it includes only one half of the population and disregards the other. Even with the historical subjugation of the female gender, this is not fair.

Jesus H. FUCKING Christ. It's *fucking* semantics. Feminists *are not exclusive*... It's not like they say "Oh, and men can just go get fucked"...

I'm not pro gay rights, I'm pro rights for everyone. That's why it's better to be humanist Rolleyes So fuck all those gay rights campaigners.

Just going by the name, bro.

If I called myself a "Caucasianist," what would you think I stood for?

10-09-2014, 01:50 AM
(10-09-2014 01:48 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 01:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  Jesus H. FUCKING Christ. It's *fucking* semantics. Feminists *are not exclusive*... It's not like they say "Oh, and men can just go get fucked"...

Someone who like to make shit up and is ignorant of history? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
10-09-2014, 01:51 AM
(10-09-2014 01:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 01:48 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Just going by the name, bro.

Someone who like to make shit up and is ignorant of history? Consider

Possibly. Of course, that doesn't exactly address the obvious racial overtones presented in the label.

10-09-2014, 01:52 AM
(10-09-2014 01:48 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 01:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  Jesus H. FUCKING Christ. It's *fucking* semantics. Feminists *are not exclusive*... It's not like they say "Oh, and men can just go get fucked"...

Like someone being contrarian just to be contrarian. When you clean your house do you do one task at a time or do you run around to every room picking up 1 thing? Focusing on one problem means you can actually you know fix something rather than just squawk and make noise.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post