Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2014, 01:54 AM
RE: Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism
(10-09-2014 01:52 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 01:48 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Just going by the name, bro.

If I called myself a "Caucasianist," what would you think I stood for?

Like someone being contrarian just to be contrarian. When you clean your house do you do one task at a time or do you run around to every room picking up 1 thing? Focusing on one problem means you can actually you know fix something rather than just squawk and make noise.

The comparison isn't valid; it's physically impossible to pick up everything in a room at once.

It is entirely possible, however, to advocate equal rights for all in one, sweeping motion without giving the impression that you are being exclusive.

EDIT: Having misread the analogy of cleaning a house, I apologize for my flawed response. However, the comparison remains invalid, as it remains possible to advocate rights for everyone at once.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2014, 01:57 AM
(10-09-2014 01:54 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 01:52 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Like someone being contrarian just to be contrarian. When you clean your house do you do one task at a time or do you run around to every room picking up 1 thing? Focusing on one problem means you can actually you know fix something rather than just squawk and make noise.

The comparison isn't valid; it's physically impossible to pick up everything in a room at once.

It is entirely possible, however, to advocate equal rights for all in one, sweeping motion without giving the impression that you are being exclusive.

Except there are only so many hours in a day and so many people working for any given group. Humanists tend to focus on separation of church and state issues, feminists on equal rights issues, gay activists on gay rights. You can support all of them and do way more good than you can playing a stupid semantics game.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-09-2014, 01:58 AM
(10-09-2014 01:57 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 01:54 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  The comparison isn't valid; it's physically impossible to pick up everything in a room at once.

You can support all of them

Precisely my point. We can support all of them, and they can support all of everyone else.

10-09-2014, 01:59 AM
(10-09-2014 01:58 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 01:57 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You can support all of them

Precisely my point. We can support all of them, and they can support all of everyone else.

Hmm that was some bullshit quote mining.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-09-2014, 02:00 AM
(10-09-2014 01:59 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 01:58 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Precisely my point. We can support all of them, and they can support all of everyone else.

Hmm that was some bullshit quote mining.

Think of it less as quote-mining and more as addressing an overall point. If I can support everyone, there's no reason everyone else can't do the same.

10-09-2014, 02:02 AM
(10-09-2014 02:00 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 01:59 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Hmm that was some bullshit quote mining.

Think of it less as quote-mining and more as addressing an overall point. If I can support everyone, there's no reason everyone else can't do the same.

I addressed this in the part you skipped over. 24/day no more. You cannot focus on every cause equally and actually accomplish anything. I can't believe you are this stupid so I am assuming you are being contrarian to avoid conceding the point.

10-09-2014, 02:04 AM
(10-09-2014 02:02 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 02:00 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Think of it less as quote-mining and more as addressing an overall point. If I can support everyone, there's no reason everyone else can't do the same.

I addressed this in the part you skipped over. 24/day no more. You cannot focus on every cause equally and actually accomplish anything. I can't believe you are this stupid so I am assuming you are being contrarian to avoid conceding the point.

I'm willing to concede a point, but why is it that you say I'm able to support everyone, and yet when I suggest that everyone else can do the same, I'm somehow wrong?

Why, also, are we limited to only 24 hours? We have an entire lifetime to support/battle anything we want. Even multiple things at a time. I manage that just fine as well. So again, why are others - in your view - unable to do the same?

10-09-2014, 02:07 AM
(10-09-2014 02:04 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 02:02 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I addressed this in the part you skipped over. 24/day no more. You cannot focus on every cause equally and actually accomplish anything. I can't believe you are this stupid so I am assuming you are being contrarian to avoid conceding the point.

I'm willing to concede a point, but why is it that you say I'm able to support everyone, and yet when I suggest that everyone else can do the same, I'm somehow wrong?

Why, also, are we limited to only 24 hours? We have an entire lifetime to support/battle anything we want. Even multiple things at a time. I manage that just fine as well. So again, why are others - in your view - unable to do the same?

Oh really how many legal briefs have you filed on behalf of same sex couples trying to get married, or women who experienced over sexual discrimination in the workplace or some black kid harassed by the cops? I'm going to guess exactly 0. That shit takes time several thousand hours for some of them.

10-09-2014, 02:09 AM
AW: RE: Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism
(10-09-2014 02:02 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I can't believe you are this stupid so I am assuming you are being contrarian to avoid conceding the point.
No, he isn't.

Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Vosur's post
10-09-2014, 02:11 AM
(10-09-2014 02:07 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 02:04 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I'm willing to concede a point, but why is it that you say I'm able to support everyone, and yet when I suggest that everyone else can do the same, I'm somehow wrong?

Oh really how many legal briefs have you filed on behalf of same sex couples trying to get married, or women who experienced over sexual discrimination in the workplace or some black kid harassed by the cops? I'm going to guess exactly 0. That shit takes time several thousand hours for some of them.

Why, now, are we limiting "accomplishing anything" to filing legal briefs? Is interpersonal discourse in an effort to change minds not accomplishing anything? Does that not lend support to overall change?