Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2014, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2014 10:30 PM by Logica Humano.)
RE: Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism
(12-09-2014 04:09 PM)Woefatt Wrote:  I'm going to respond to the op rather than read through 20+ pages of angry posts. I don't have a problem with women fighting for equality, women are people first and foremost and should not be treated like a life support system for a vagina. I, personally, don't agree 100% with Anita but she makes enough points that I actually listened to a lot of what she said. I do have an issue with radicalism because that only serves to alienate the thing you are fighting for. I have yet to meet anyone claiming to be a feminist that feels like I metaphorically raped her because I have a penis. Do they exist? Possibly, I haven't met all feminists. I don't think anything will be perfectly equal as long as things are run by people because we are all humans, and not perfect. The important thing we need to do is do what we can to help each other get as close as we can. My personal thoughts.

Where Anita fails is her organization and substantiation. In her analyses of modern media, she occasionally brings up a fair point amid her contradictory, disorganized ramblings concerning what defines a "good" female character archetype. I value her opinion as much as I value the AmazingAtheist's. I occasionally agree, but for the most part think it is purely emotional-appeal, contradictory, or unsupported.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
12-09-2014, 09:35 PM
(12-09-2014 07:04 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 04:09 PM)Woefatt Wrote:  I'm going to respond to the op rather than read through 20+ pages of angry posts. I don't have a problem with women fighting for equality, women are people first and foremost and should not be treated like a life support system for a vagina. I, personally, don't agree 100% with Anita but she makes enough points that I actually listened to a lot of what she said. I do have an issue with radicalism because that only serves to alienate the thing you are fighting for. I have yet to meet anyone claiming to be a feminist that feels like I metaphorically raped her because I have a penis. Do they exist? Possibly, I haven't met all feminists. I don't think anything will be perfectly equal as long as things are run by people because we are all humans, and not perfect. The important thing we need to do is do what we can to help each other get as close as we can. My personal thoughts.

Where Anita fails is her organization and substantiation. In her analyses of modern media, she occasionally brings up a fair point amid her contradictory, disorganized ramblings concerning what a "good" female character archetype. I value her opinion as much as I value the AmazingAtheist's. I occasionally agree, but for the most part think it is purely emotional-appeal, contradictory, or unsupported.

Which points? Just curious.
12-09-2014, 10:29 PM
(12-09-2014 09:35 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Which points? Just curious.

The points I agree or disagree with?

12-09-2014, 11:06 PM
(12-09-2014 10:29 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 09:35 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Which points? Just curious.

The points I agree or disagree with?

Idk. Either or. Everybody has an opinion on feminist frequency. Might be fun to actually talk about what she says.
12-09-2014, 11:19 PM
(12-09-2014 11:06 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Idk. Either or. Everybody has an opinion on feminist frequency. Might be fun to actually talk about what she says.

She brings up valid points concerning the troubling way female characters are often written. Female characters are rarely written to talk to another female about something other than a man. Not to mention the clear sexist approach to the conditioning for female actresses, and the lack of recognition for female directors.

On the other hand, what she describes as a "strong" female character in her most recent arguments is directly contradicted by her thesis -- something she still stands by -- in addition to pure fact. She has stated that a female character containing the elements of a male character is strong, whereas in her thesis and previous statements she has said that giving a female character said traits makes them even weaker.

Not to mention the massive amount of money she asked for her "research", only to quote a minute few Wikipedia articles throughout her poorly informed series.

[+] 3 users Like Logica Humano's post
13-09-2014, 05:33 AM
(12-09-2014 11:19 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 11:06 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Idk. Either or. Everybody has an opinion on feminist frequency. Might be fun to actually talk about what she says.

She brings up valid points concerning the troubling way female characters are often written. Female characters are rarely written to talk to another female about something other than a man. Not to mention the clear sexist approach to the conditioning for female actresses, and the lack of recognition for female directors.

On the other hand, what she describes as a "strong" female character in her most recent arguments is directly contradicted by her thesis -- something she still stands by -- in addition to pure fact. She has stated that a female character containing the elements of a male character is strong, whereas in her thesis and previous statements she has said that giving a female character said traits makes them even weaker.

Not to mention the massive amount of money she asked for her "research", only to quote a minute few Wikipedia articles throughout her poorly informed series.

Yes, yes, and yes. Although, I'll admit I never heard of female actress conditioning, what do you mean by that?

Offtopic, I die a bit inside when Ars Technica, my favorite tech website, has an article that says her videos "are extremely well-researched and insightful" and also posting a picture from Anita's video that is completely deceptive.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/08/th...lled-them/
13-09-2014, 05:41 AM
I find that most of the female characters are too flat-chested.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
13-09-2014, 08:35 AM
(13-09-2014 05:41 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I find that most of the female characters are too flat-chested.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: her-plot-gets-bigger-with-every-game_o_3787097.webp]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-09-2014, 11:24 AM
(13-09-2014 05:33 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  Yes, yes, and yes. Although, I'll admit I never heard of female actress conditioning, what do you mean by that?

Female actresses are scrutinized far more in terms of looks. Not only that, but take a look at how the media pays attention to actresses. They don't focus on their characters in interviews at all. They instead focus on how much weight they had to work off for the role, or how much make up they had to put on.

Take for example, Scarlett Johansson. For her role in The Avengers, the media focused on her diet. Her diet. Robert Downey Jr. had to call out reporters for them to stop. You know, the biggest actor on the set. These are all points that Anita makes that I agree with -- but she doesn't focus on them and she rarely makes points as good about anything else.

[+] 4 users Like Logica Humano's post
13-09-2014, 04:33 PM
(06-09-2014 04:19 PM)Antonis Wrote:  Personally i have nothing against feminism and i don't think that 'feminism poisons everyhing' but i believe the world don't need it anymore. It was very good and usefull in the 70s when women really have serious problems like less pay for the same work and no vote rights. Egalitarianism is they way now to make the world better. The only thing today feminists do is hating on things like the fact that video games are sexist because they make women be sex objects with big tits.

I actually agree with the bolded part, but I highly contest that feminism isn't useful.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.