Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism
(22-09-2014 05:11 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 03:33 AM)Chas Wrote:  Where, exactly, did I say that it did? Consider

And that is not a response to what I said - that your belief that your experience applies 'just about everywhere' is a delusion.

You seem to be making the assertion that all females everywhere are being oppressed and payed less because they are female. This is obviously a minority of them across the civilized world and thus you are saying that feminism is true.

Please quote me saying anything even remotely resembling that.

Quote:If feminism is true then, 100% of every females on the planet are being oppressed, payed less and treated poorly then men because they are female.

Ok, you might as well stop there, because that's not what feminism means.
But you won't stop there, you'll just dig a deeper hole.

Quote:Every feminist I have ever encountered, online, in person or whatever, has been a extremist, sexist, or just a bigoted liar and sometimes a combination of these who uses their personal experience and tries to apply it to everyone, just as you are claiming that I am doing for my experience that I am using to call b/s on every girl on the planet is oppressed in some way, because that is what the feminist movement is being presented as by far too many of them.

Sure, there are extremists. They are a minority.

Quote:Not only that, but they seem to have it in their mind that they speak for all females on the planet as if they are some kind of figure head for their sex. If you are going to defend them and feminism, then you too must believe in all the insane stupid crap they say all the time. Which means, At least some of the above should apply to you as well for what you support in them.

Maybe they do think that, but then you follow them over the precipice of bad logic into the abyss of bullshit accusatory false syllogism.

Quote:Sure, I suppose despite the fact I have seen a lot of the world around me and met what has probably been a million or two people by now ( maybe not that many or not met as in shake their hands met...but a LOT of people as I am quite social.) Not once have I ever seen, heard of or even read a single bit of evidence outside of stories of some drunken wifebeating neckbeard or some other pile of trashy kind of human, mistreating someone based on gender and gender alone. I HAVE however, had a strange and unfortunate meeting of working for females who were my boss and were extremely sexist and were treated in a similar way that they claim they are. There is no doubt there are at least some sexist men out there who are bosses that do the same to females. But, with Workers rights laws, These kinds of people either do not stay in business very long or have hidden behind some religion shit in order to keep them from being sued and shut down.

Between the equal rights laws we already have, ACLU, The BBB and other organizations. There is far more resources out there for anyone to contact if their rights or fairness due to gender, race or religion is being violated. Enough to leave stains on Global Economic Enterprises such as the fortune 500 businesses, Enough to leave harm to Big Business, Cripple large businesses, and it would be a death sentence to a small business...this is of course depending on the severity of the case for each type of business.

Stains? Harm? Cripple? Are you serious?

Quote:I may not be able to apply that to everywhere, But enough to make the true statement that whatever they are claiming is not nearly as big of a problem as they make it out to be. Feminists problems are just about as big as racism. There is always going to be some boss who is racism or sexist regardless of gender.

So, a few loud-mouth extremists make you dismiss a real problem. Gotcha.

Quote:As we reach further into time, those numbers have been going down as time goes by. There are gonna be spikes along the way such as with the rise of gang culture for example not doing anything to help with the whole race war and there will probably be things that will add spikes in number of people who will want to try and treat people differently for their sex or sexuality etc. But they are still shrinking non the less and one day, hopefully in the next hundred or so years. They will be so minority that they will climb into their closet and never come out again.

Yes, things have been slowly improving for years. There is still some way to go.

Quote:*edit* know what?

You all know what I think on the subject, I know what your beliefs are. If there are any minor points we might wanna wrap up I will answer them. This is starting to become a strain on our friendship here on the forums. So I am done with this topic.

Your dismissal of actual problems is not a 'minor point'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
22-09-2014, 07:05 PM
(22-09-2014 06:51 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 06:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The point.

You.

The trend of Anti-feminist vides and stances put out by Atheists is giving what is already a negative label (for most people) an even worse name.

Sure, I still don't see how this is an atheist issue. The videos aren't espousing something universally agreed on by atheists, so its not anything that should be connected with atheism.

Should not be, but when the loudest voices are screaming something people think that is what everyone connected to a group thinks. Just look at all the misinformed people who do not know what feminism actually is. The same thing could happen to Atheism, where instead of having a discussion about whatever you spend the whole time explaining "No being an Atheist does not mean I hate women and Feminism". Thunderf00t being a jackass and the AmazingAtheist being at best a moron hurts the overall image.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
22-09-2014, 07:10 PM
(22-09-2014 07:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 06:51 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Sure, I still don't see how this is an atheist issue. The videos aren't espousing something universally agreed on by atheists, so its not anything that should be connected with atheism.

Should not be, but when the loudest voices are screaming something people think that is what everyone connected to a group thinks. Just look at all the misinformed people who do not know what feminism actually is. The same thing could happen to Atheism, where instead of having a discussion about whatever you spend the whole time explaining "No being an Atheist does not mean I hate women and Feminism". Thunderf00t being a jackass and the AmazingAtheist being at best a moron hurts the overall image.

I agree with you there. However I do believe they have every right to voice there opinions on other topics. But you are correct, people take famous atheists views as what the group thinks.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
23-09-2014, 07:33 AM
It's not "just" Thunderf00t and the amazing atheist. Jaclyn Glenn also jumps on that bandwagon and mr rapsion and I think some more. It's the ones with the most subscribers and the loudest voices...
23-09-2014, 01:13 PM
(21-09-2014 08:57 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(21-09-2014 07:57 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So there are no sources are there? The whole experience as evidence only works for things going towards individuals them selves like dieting and fitness, things like this require sources that can provide evidence for your point.

Well then we are both guilty of that now aren't we. Because i seem to see some people around saying they are repressed with little to no evidence and then trying to apply it to everyone as if it were applied to the entire country.

Who here said they were repressed?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
23-09-2014, 01:55 PM
(23-09-2014 01:13 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Who here said they were repressed?

The poor anti-feminists who can't move an inch without being assaulted by the sight of some woman earning more money than them, or just passing them by without a second glance... Rolleyes Naturally the fact that some women can do these things means that all women are completely free and feminism is a plot, a plot to emasculate them, based on lies and political expedience. Women just can't stand to see a man succeed you see.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
23-09-2014, 02:22 PM
(23-09-2014 01:55 PM)morondog Wrote:  

The poor anti-feminists who can't move an inch without being assaulted by the sight of some woman earning more money than them, or just passing them by without a second glance... Rolleyes Naturally the fact that some women can do these things means that all women are completely free and feminism is a plot, a plot to emasculate them, based on lies and political expedience. Women just can't stand to see a man succeed you see.

*Clapping*

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
24-09-2014, 03:29 PM
(23-09-2014 01:55 PM)morondog Wrote:  

I've never seen anything so poorly misrepresented before.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
24-09-2014, 10:42 PM
(22-09-2014 05:11 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 03:33 AM)Chas Wrote:  Where, exactly, did I say that it did? Consider

And that is not a response to what I said - that your belief that your experience applies 'just about everywhere' is a delusion.

You seem to be making the assertion that all females everywhere are being oppressed and payed less because they are female. This is obviously a minority of them across the civilized world and thus you are saying that feminism is true.

If feminism is true then, 100% of every females on the planet are being oppressed, payed less and treated poorly then men because they are female. Every feminist I have ever encountered, online, in person or whatever, has been a extremist, sexist, or just a bigoted liar and sometimes a combination of these who uses their personal experience and tries to apply it to everyone, just as you are claiming that I am doing for my experience that I am using to call b/s on every girl on the planet is oppressed in some way, because that is what the feminist movement is being presented as by far too many of them.

Not only that, but they seem to have it in their mind that they speak for all females on the planet as if they are some kind of figure head for their sex. If you are going to defend them and feminism, then you too must believe in all the insane stupid crap they say all the time. Which means, At least some of the above should apply to you as well for what you support in them.

Sure, I suppose despite the fact I have seen a lot of the world around me and met what has probably been a million or two people by now ( maybe not that many or not met as in shake their hands met...but a LOT of people as I am quite social.) Not once have I ever seen, heard of or even read a single bit of evidence outside of stories of some drunken wifebeating neckbeard or some other pile of trashy kind of human, mistreating someone based on gender and gender alone. I HAVE however, had a strange and unfortunate meeting of working for females who were my boss and were extremely sexist and were treated in a similar way that they claim they are. There is no doubt there are at least some sexist men out there who are bosses that do the same to females. But, with Workers rights laws, These kinds of people either do not stay in business very long or have hidden behind some religion shit in order to keep them from being sued and shut down.

Between the equal rights laws we already have, ACLU, The BBB and other organizations. There is far more resources out there for anyone to contact if their rights or fairness due to gender, race or religion is being violated. Enough to leave stains on Global Economic Enterprises such as the fortune 500 businesses, Enough to leave harm to Big Business, Cripple large businesses, and it would be a death sentence to a small business...this is of course depending on the severity of the case for each type of business.

I may not be able to apply that to everywhere, But enough to make the true statement that whatever they are claiming is not nearly as big of a problem as they make it out to be. Feminists problems are just about as big as racism. There is always going to be some boss who is racism or sexist regardless of gender.

As we reach further into time, those numbers have been going down as time goes by. There are gonna be spikes along the way such as with the rise of gang culture for example not doing anything to help with the whole race war and there will probably be things that will add spikes in number of people who will want to try and treat people differently for their sex or sexuality etc. But they are still shrinking non the less and one day, hopefully in the next hundred or so years. They will be so minority that they will climb into their closet and never come out again.

*edit* know what?

You all know what I think on the subject, I know what your beliefs are. If there are any minor points we might wanna wrap up I will answer them. This is starting to become a strain on our friendship here on the forums. So I am done with this topic.

With so many responses like this, I find it deeply ironic that people say feminist are the extremist.
24-09-2014, 11:01 PM
(24-09-2014 03:29 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(23-09-2014 01:55 PM)morondog Wrote:  The poor anti-feminists who can't move an inch without being assaulted by the sight of some woman earning more money than them, or just passing them by without a second glance... Rolleyes Naturally the fact that some women can do these things means that all women are completely free and feminism is a plot, a plot to emasculate them, based on lies and political expedience. Women just can't stand to see a man succeed you see.

I've never seen anything so poorly misrepresented before.

Sorry to disappoint you. Next time I set out to impress some retarded troll I'll try harder.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post