Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2014, 04:37 PM
RE: Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism
(06-09-2014 04:23 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 04:15 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Oh. I'm just here for the entertainment. These threads get super crazy.

Happy spectating Popcorn we've had a few of these recently.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...theism-WTF

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...nism-again

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...mmigration

I wish we can change the movie though. Hell I would rather go back to veganismUndecided

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
06-09-2014, 05:02 PM
(06-09-2014 04:37 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 04:23 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Happy spectating Popcorn we've had a few of these recently.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...theism-WTF

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...nism-again

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...mmigration

I wish we can change the movie though. Hell I would rather go back to veganismUndecided

Why veganism is an even more stupid debate because as long as vegans don't try to convert the rest of the world they are right. The same goes for meat lovers. At least the issue of feminism have a big impact on society good or bad is up for the debate.
06-09-2014, 05:06 PM
(06-09-2014 05:02 PM)Antonis Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 04:37 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I wish we can change the movie though. Hell I would rather go back to veganismUndecided

The same goes for meat lovers.

Well, I mean the amount of farm animals raised and slaughtered every year contributes to greenhouse gasses to some degree. So there is that. Just sayin'. In new zealand, due to agriculture, 34% of their greenhouse gasses are produced by cows. So basically... 34% of their pollution is cow farts.

That said... I still like meat to some degree... But I mean, it is something that could be debated.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
06-09-2014, 05:18 PM
(06-09-2014 05:06 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 05:02 PM)Antonis Wrote:  The same goes for meat lovers.

Well, I mean the amount of farm animals raised and slaughtered every year contributes to greenhouse gasses to some degree. So there is that. Just sayin'. In new zealand, due to agriculture, 34% of their greenhouse gasses are produced by cows. So basically... 34% of their pollution is cow farts.

That said... I still like meat to some degree... But I mean, it is something that could be debated.

http://www.theguardian.com/global-develo...-livestock

Yes it can be debated but it is pointless we are omnivore and we need meat. If some people don't want to eat meat its their choice. As long as both sides don't force their beliefs in each other throats. Personally i eat meat but i really don't care
if other people eat i am only getting angry when vegans will call you a killer for butchering animals!!!

But anyway this is not a veganism thread lets not stray to far from our subject hereSmile
06-09-2014, 05:22 PM
(06-09-2014 05:18 PM)Antonis Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 05:06 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Well, I mean the amount of farm animals raised and slaughtered every year contributes to greenhouse gasses to some degree. So there is that. Just sayin'. In new zealand, due to agriculture, 34% of their greenhouse gasses are produced by cows. So basically... 34% of their pollution is cow farts.

http://www.theguardian.com/global-develo...-livestock

Yes it can be debated but it is pointless we are omnivore and we need meat. If some people don't want to eat meat its their choice. As long as both sides don't force their beliefs in each other throats. Personally i eat meat but i really don't care
if other people eat i am only getting angry when vegans will call you a killer for butchering animals!!!

But anyway this is not a veganism thread lets not stray to far from our subject hereSmile

Man, I'm no longer sweating bullets. I was so worried about the world scale fart emissions. I stay awake at night sometimes thinking about it. Fields of cows... green clouds... the hot, humid summertime and just how engrossing it could be. I imagine a jet airliner flying overheat and a giant cow fart cloud passing through and then suddenly.... disaster strikes.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
06-09-2014, 11:13 PM
(06-09-2014 05:02 PM)Antonis Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 04:37 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I wish we can change the movie though. Hell I would rather go back to veganismUndecided

Why veganism is an even more stupid debate because as long as vegans don't try to convert the rest of the world they are right. The same goes for meat lovers. At least the issue of feminism have a big impact on society good or bad is up for the debate.

Yeah but females having rights is good, and that should be obvious. I wish they would find a new topic.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
06-09-2014, 11:26 PM
(06-09-2014 04:19 PM)Antonis Wrote:  Personally i have nothing against feminism and i don't think that 'feminism poisons everyhing' but i believe the world don't need it anymore. It was very good and usefull in the 70s when women really have serious problems like less pay for the same work and no vote rights. Egalitarianism is they way now to make the world better. The only thing today feminists do is hating on things like the fact that video games are sexist because they make women be sex objects with big tits.

Facepalm

Thanks for showing just how much more work is needed to be done by feminist, because clearly equality hasn't yet been reached; nor will it when people think it's already been conquered. Just because you don't think you see racism/sexism/discrimination or have to deal with it on a regular basis, doesn't mean it no longer exists or no longer needs to be fought against.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 11 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-09-2014, 04:37 AM
(06-09-2014 11:26 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 04:19 PM)Antonis Wrote:  Personally i have nothing against feminism and i don't think that 'feminism poisons everyhing' but i believe the world don't need it anymore. It was very good and usefull in the 70s when women really have serious problems like less pay for the same work and no vote rights. Egalitarianism is they way now to make the world better. The only thing today feminists do is hating on things like the fact that video games are sexist because they make women be sex objects with big tits.

Facepalm

Thanks for showing just how much more work is needed to be done by feminist, because clearly equality hasn't yet been reached; nor will it when people think it's already been conquered. Just because you don't think you see racism/sexism/discrimination or have to deal with it on a regular basis, doesn't mean it no longer exists or no longer needs to be fought against.

What? All the secularist world have laws for equal pay for equal work, its in the constitution of the most european countries. Also in every western country they have the same political rights as men. About the video games there is a big double standard nobody sees, because male characters are hot with abs too you know. They make both gender look in their most glorified form, athletic, good looking and smart. Op mentions Anita Sarkeesian that women say super mario is sexist because he tries to save the princess. She claims that she is a gamer and in another video she claims that hate video games because killing is gross, and when people call her a lier she throws the gender card and say that everyone is misogynst thats what feminism has become. Of course there are good feminist that are all about equality but just like in religion the radical feminists relly on those people to justify ther actions. That leads me to the point i made that you failed to adress if those moderates and good feminist rally into Egalitarianism we will get rid of those nutjobs like anita sarkeesian, and actually try to create gender equality because men get the short end of the stick in many situation too.
07-09-2014, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 08:21 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(07-09-2014 04:37 AM)Antonis Wrote:  What? All the secularist world have laws for equal pay for equal work, its in the constitution of the most european countries.

And murder being illegal didn't prevent sheriffs from joining in with the lynch mobs in the deep south. Laws alone are not enough to change a culture.

(07-09-2014 04:37 AM)Antonis Wrote:  Also in every western country they have the same political rights as men.

Not quite, and not without a fight. Here is a short timeline of women gained the right to vote. Equality before the law is a excellent ideal that people often fall short of.

1893 - New Zealand
1902 - Australia (1)
1906 - Finland
1913 - Norway
1915 - Denmark
1917 - Canada (2)
1918 - Austria, Germany, Poland, Russia
1919 - Netherlands
1920 - United States
1921 - Sweden
1928 - Britain, Ireland
1931 - Spain
1934 - Turkey
1944 - France
1945 - Italy
1947 - Argentina, Japan, Mexico, Pakistan
1949 - China
1950 - India
1954 - Colombia
1957 - Malaysia, Zimbabwe
1962 - Algeria
1963 - Iran, Morocco
1964 - Libya
1967 - Ecuador
1971 - Switzerland
1972 - Bangladesh
1974 - Jordan
1976 - Portugal
1989 - Namibia
1990 - Western Samoa
1993 - Kazakhstan, Moldova
1994 - South Africa
2005 - Kuwait
2006 - United Arab Emirates
2011 - Saudi Arabia (3)

1. Australian women, with the exception of aboriginal women, won the vote in 1902. Aborigines, male and female, did not have the right to vote until 1962.
2. Canadian women, with the exception of Canadian Indian women, won the vote in 1917. Canadian Indians, male and female, did not win the vote until 1960. Source: The New York Times, May 22, 2005.
3. Women in Saudi Arabia will not be eligible to vote until 2015.

(07-09-2014 04:37 AM)Antonis Wrote:  About the video games there is a big double standard nobody sees, because male characters are hot with abs too you know. They make both gender look in their most glorified form, athletic, good looking and smart.

"So to recap, we're looking for a playable developer created protagonist who is not sexy or traditionally hot, with unique personal motivations that don't fall into the usual stereotypes, is not reliant on men in some trite way, and is you know, original and creative. Obviously we want her to be able to enjoy the same sense of power and strength that male protagonist enjoy, that would be nice; it's an optional extra I'd say. So after roaming the land, consulting with wise counselors and lighting candles in the temples of enlightened gods I have found videogame history's most individual, unique, and interesting woman character: Vertigo."

[Image: primverti-1.png]

(07-09-2014 04:37 AM)Antonis Wrote:  Op mentions Anita Sarkeesian that women say super mario is sexist because he tries to save the princess. She claims that she is a gamer and in another video she claims that hate video games because killing is gross, and when people call her a lier she throws the gender card and say that everyone is misogynst thats what feminism has become.

My mother plays Tetris, Pac-Man, Peggle,and Bejeweled. She doesn't like killing in games. If you tried to insinuate that she wasn't a gamer, I don't think she'd call you a misogynist; but I'd sure as hell call you an ignorant asshole.

Not everyone that disagrees with Anita is a misogynist. But if you are one of the people that try to gloss over and excuse her very real harassment at the hands of sexist assholes under the excuse of "she's not a real gamer", then you are a part of the problem; because you are doing nothing but enabling the sexist assholes and excusing their behavior instead of correcting it. When sexists assholes can hide inside the pack and mooch group protection to shield themselves, feminism is needed; much like how atheism/skepticism/humanism is needed when moderate religious people help to normalize and shelter religious radicals.

(07-09-2014 04:37 AM)Antonis Wrote:  Of course there are good feminist that are all about equality but just like in religion the radical feminists relly on those people to justify ther actions.

I have yet to even see a radical feminist. Ever. The closest thing I've ever seen was that crazy butch woman from the opening credits of Boondock Saints. That's literally the only 'Feminazi' I've ever seen. At this point I fully expect to see Bigfoot or Nessie before I meet one of these fabled Feminazis in the flesh, because apparently they're damn elusive.

(07-09-2014 04:37 AM)Antonis Wrote:  That leads me to the point i made that you failed to adress if those moderates and good feminist rally into Egalitarianism we will get rid of those nutjobs like anita sarkeesian, and actually try to create gender equality because men get the short end of the stick in many situation too.

She is entitled to her opinion, and she entitled to not be harassed for sharing it. I don't agree with her, but I think she makes some good points; and I can respond to her on a point-by-point basis without resorting to threats of rape. For as much shit as gets thrown her way, with people attempting to burn her in effigy for the collective 'sins' of feminists and SJW's, is it any surprise that she's at the point where she's jumping at shadows? I imagine that just about anybody that catches that much flak would be hard pressed to remain objective under the best of circumstances.

Ironically if it wasn't for all of the vitriol thrown at her, nobody would know who she is. She is now an eponymous 'boogeyman' created by the very people looking to undermine and destroy her; the irony is deep indeed. Apparently you can't douse a fire by throwing gasoline on it, imagine that...

When do men get the "short end of the stick"? Please, do tell. I'm sure if there are "many situations" you should have plenty of example on hand to regale us with I'm sure.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-09-2014, 09:04 AM
You see from the countries you named only 3 of them was of the last decade. I said in one of my previous post that one day feminism was usefull because women didn't have that rights. Nothing is won without a fight.

About the video games the are very intresting women protagonist Lara Croft,Aveline de Grandpré. Also there are games like saints row that you can choose gender you play. The reason there are more male protagonist is the same reason like in the movies because male character sell more, and companys want money.

You missing the point people don't hate anita because they are sexist. Sure they are assholes because death threats is a step too far but they don't care about her gender.