Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2014, 01:12 PM
RE: Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism
Revanant77x Wrote:Outfits are a symptom of the problem not the problem itself.
This.

Chas Wrote:Well said, however ...

To the matter of video games: who do you think authors these games for what audience? Consider

Bingo! Primarily young men. So, yes, they largely exhibit the attitudes of that demographic.
It's not just that, though. As others mentioned, game mags have photoshopped out female characters on magazine covers. But also there is an idea within the gaming industry that a game with a female protagonist won't sell. It's marketing. They don't get funding if they aren't pushing the usual formula (twenty-something white male, usually), so even if developers are trying to push the envelope, it often doesn't make it.

Quote:Also seeing how most pretty girls look that way because they are constantly moving and working out as well. Only objection I see is the fact they are not dirtier in some games.
It's like in movies, I forget the name of the trope, but a woman's clothing will rip when she's fighting to show more skin, and yet, she will never get beat up in the face because that would make her less attractive. (An less common male example of this is Captain Kirk's shirt getting ripped up or ripped off the in the original Star Trek series.)

Also, you seem to be equating "pretty" with "in shape." IIRC, Lara Croft's boob size, in the first game, started out as a mistake, an accident, and they just decided to keep it or something. And the way she was running around and climbing and doing backflips, you'd expect her to be fit, yes; but you'd also expect her to perhaps be wearing more clothes (I remember playing some levels full of snow, and she's there with half her ass hanging out).

Vosur Wrote:Yeah, that sounds absolutely retarded. What evidence is there that these people got these ideas from video games?
I agree that it doesn't come from video games. I think a lot of it's everywhere, though, in fiction in general, beginning with the fairy tales many of us hear as children, cartoons, etc. I don't think you can blame one specific medium, but rather, that certain things about videogames are symptoms of a larger problem.

Well, only read half the thread, have to work now and my train of thought has just derailed completely.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
09-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Fuck, might as well chuck this here. Came up in my fb feed just now.
http://imgur.com/gallery/n01WW

This is what feminism is mostly about, the way I've come into contact with it. Not about excluding people or going on power trips. Just about respecting each other, and yes, focused on female issues because there is a real and pervasive and *unacknowledged* kind of... skew... in the treatment of women by society.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
10-10-2014, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2014 08:04 AM by Chas.)
(09-10-2014 03:23 PM)morondog Wrote:  Fuck, might as well chuck this here. Came up in my fb feed just now.

This is what feminism is mostly about, the way I've come into contact with it. Not about excluding people or going on power trips. Just about respecting each other, and yes, focused on female issues because there is a real and pervasive and *unacknowledged* kind of... skew... in the treatment of women by society.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
10-10-2014, 11:43 AM
(09-10-2014 03:23 PM)morondog Wrote:  Fuck, might as well chuck this here. Came up in my fb feed just now.

Yes. For fucks sake yes.
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
13-10-2014, 01:17 PM
(07-09-2014 04:37 AM)Antonis Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 11:26 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Facepalm

Thanks for showing just how much more work is needed to be done by feminist, because clearly equality hasn't yet been reached; nor will it when people think it's already been conquered. Just because you don't think you see racism/sexism/discrimination or have to deal with it on a regular basis, doesn't mean it no longer exists or no longer needs to be fought against.
What? All the secularist world have laws for equal pay for equal work, its in the constitution of the most european countries. Also in every western country they have the same political rights as men.

Uhh... nope. What do you mean with "all" the secularist world? Have you researched every country? Sweden is the second most atheist country on the planet, and WE still discriminate women in the work place because of their gender!
If you're unfortunate to have been born with ovaries instead of testicles, you get paid less, in 2014 Sweden.
Raped women are the only crime victims where it's apparently HER fault, in our modern courts. "What was she wearing", "was she acting slutty", etcetera.
Yes. In 2014, in Sweden, supposedly the 2nd least religious and 1st most "feminist" country on Earth.
Unbelievable, but true.

"Because God did it" isn't an answer, you incredible retard.
[+] 3 users Like Nìmwey's post
13-10-2014, 01:28 PM
(13-10-2014 01:17 PM)Nìmwey Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 04:37 AM)Antonis Wrote:  What? All the secularist world have laws for equal pay for equal work, its in the constitution of the most european countries. Also in every western country they have the same political rights as men.

Uhh... nope. What do you mean with "all" the secularist world? Have you researched every country? Sweden is the second most atheist country on the planet, and WE still discriminate women in the work place because of their gender!
If you're unfortunate to have been born with ovaries instead of testicles, you get paid less, in 2014 Sweden.
Raped women are the only crime victims where it's apparently HER fault, in our modern courts. "What was she wearing", "was she acting slutty", etcetera.
Yes. In 2014, in Sweden, supposedly the 2nd least religious and 1st most "feminist" country on Earth.
Unbelievable, but true.

As far as I've heard out of Sweden the last few years there is a bizarre internal war going on with most politicians because they want to be as misandrist as possible while also refusing to prosecute islamists for rape.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post
18-10-2014, 08:49 AM
(13-10-2014 01:28 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 01:17 PM)Nìmwey Wrote:  Uhh... nope. What do you mean with "all" the secularist world? Have you researched every country? Sweden is the second most atheist country on the planet, and WE still discriminate women in the work place because of their gender!
Unbelievable, but true.

As far as I've heard out of Sweden the last few years there is a bizarre internal war going on with most politicians because they want to be as misandrist as possible while also refusing to prosecute islamists for rape.

This is the hypocrisy of leftist feminism. Men are horrible, they are rapists, they cannot be trusted, yet pointing out that Moslem men are much more likely to be rapists makes one a racist and a nazi. The Feminist Initiative in Sweden is a prime example. They say that they want to "replace racism with feminism" (by racism they mean the Sweden Democrats), so in other words they are specifically targeting the only party in Sweden to speak out against Moslem-immigration. Leftist-feminism is not the answer; national, Western and republican values are the solution to the waves of Moslem invaders, who are the real cause of high rape rates.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
18-10-2014, 10:56 PM
(18-10-2014 08:49 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 01:28 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  As far as I've heard out of Sweden the last few years there is a bizarre internal war going on with most politicians because they want to be as misandrist as possible while also refusing to prosecute islamists for rape.

This is the hypocrisy of leftist feminism. Men are horrible, they are rapists, they cannot be trusted, yet pointing out that Moslem men are much more likely to be rapists makes one a racist and a nazi. The Feminist Initiative in Sweden is a prime example. They say that they want to "replace racism with feminism" (by racism they mean the Sweden Democrats), so in other words they are specifically targeting the only party in Sweden to speak out against Moslem-immigration. Leftist-feminism is not the answer; national, Western and republican values are the solution to the waves of Moslem invaders, who are the real cause of high rape rates.

Rolleyes He's back. He's not racist he just hates Muslims. You got a study to back up your claim that Muslim immigrants are the cause of high rape rates in Sweden, or like every other claim you made so far, has it just been freshly pulled out of your anus?

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-10-2014, 01:10 AM
To be honest though, Morondog, I've always found it interesting to look at the maps.

[Image: England-and-Wales-crime-g-001.jpg]
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/datablog/2...statistics (Crime map only, doesn't distinguish type)
[Image: england-subdivisions-muslim-population-2001.png]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Englan...n-2001.png
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:I...s_2011.svg

I know there is the whole 'correlation doesn't imply causation' thing which means that these maps prove the opposite direction from what they appear to prove for some reason, but just putting them up so people can consider them and then decide for themselves.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...NUTES.html This article is awful, as you might expect from the daily mail, but they do have a map provided by the NSPCC which is worth a look at.

Official religion and crime statistics; make what you will of them.
http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/census/201...igion.html
https://www.gov.uk/government/collection...statistics

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
19-10-2014, 04:16 AM
Just looking at the maps I can see several crime hotspots that are not the same place as concentrations of Muslims, and the two concentrated Muslim spots are Liverpool (roughly) and London, which are both major urban centres - where one would expect more crime anyway.

The stats I won't look at now, and will be interested to do so, because those will hopefully control for stuff like the above and other shit that I haven't thought of.

Thanks for the links.