Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2014, 10:33 PM
RE: Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism
(21-10-2014 08:17 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 05:45 AM)MadDog Wrote:  no one gender is ... more oppressed than the other.

Well; there's your problem. That isn't true.

But there was this guy who got kicked in the nuts and no one who identified as a feminist said *anything*. It shows they are biased. Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2014, 09:10 AM
Maleism

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
22-10-2014, 11:11 AM
(21-10-2014 06:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, that's the thing about equality. When things are unequal, inevitably some have more than others. So when you try to redistribute things more equally, those who have more will often perceive it as an 'attack' on them, rather than a re-balancing.

It's like if a kid in kindergarten hoarded all of the toys at recess. Then when the teacher had to intervene to make sure that the one kid shared the toys with all of the other students, the hoarder started crying about how 'unfair' it was because the teacher was taking 'their' toys way from 'them'.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
22-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Its not "poisoning atheism". Feminism is poisoning atheism. Look at A+

Dont forget gamergate. They actually thought about calling them selves "gamer+", but decided to call themselves players. Seriously, they are basically saying "we want to be gamers, PLUS good morals."

Fuck off. Stop tearing the community in half.

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.

-Christopher Hitchens
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Just Another Atheist's post
22-10-2014, 01:58 PM
(22-10-2014 01:08 PM)Just Another Atheist Wrote:  Its not "poisoning atheism". Feminism is poisoning atheism. Look at A+

Dont forget gamergate. They actually thought about calling them selves "gamer+", but decided to call themselves players. Seriously, they are basically saying "we want to be gamers, PLUS good morals."

Fuck off. Stop tearing the community in half.

At what point did feminsim and misandry become synonymous? I am assuming you have functional eyes. Go read.

22-10-2014, 02:03 PM
At what point did I equate the two?

I would identify as feminist by definition, but I dont care if people are NOT feminists. To be anti-feminist is not to be anti equality.

Its like saying this type of feminism is about equality, fighting the patriarchy and rape culture, etc"

I would disagree, but then I am accused of being against equality. No, not at all.

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.

-Christopher Hitchens
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-10-2014, 02:10 PM
(22-10-2014 02:03 PM)Just Another Atheist Wrote:  At what point did I equate the two?

I would identify as feminist by definition, but I dont care if people are NOT feminists. To be anti-feminist is not to be anti equality.

Its like saying this type of feminism is about equality, fighting the patriarchy and rape culture, etc"

I would disagree, but then I am accused of being against equality. No, not at all.

"Atheist+" is not feminism, it is misandry.

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
22-10-2014, 07:38 PM
And the label wars continue.

Can't we just agree sexism exists and is a bad thing and then all be happy?
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
22-10-2014, 07:45 PM
All of the feminists who are not sexist call themselves Egalitarian though, even some of the insane ones.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
22-10-2014, 08:24 PM
(22-10-2014 07:45 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  All of the feminists who are not sexist call themselves Egalitarian though, even some of the insane ones.

Umm no.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post