Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2014, 10:43 AM
RE: Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism
(23-10-2014 03:57 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  It would be easier to accept if every self-identified feminist didn't act like a sexist. Even in this thread it's become obvious that anyone who doesn't agree with OP is accused of being a sexist if they are male, or accused of submitting to oppression if they are female. I mean hell, I got accused of being a sexist rich kid who longs to oppress minorities because I take an egalitarian stance on gender issues instead of a pro-female stance.
The assumption is that I'm a straight, white, cisgendered middle class male and therefore everything I say should be disregarded and I should be accused of being an oppressor, when it's quite obvious from my avatar that I'm a bisexual, genderfluid alien rabbit/kangaroo creature, and I live on the breadline.

I am a feminist and am not sexist to men. Want to know why? Because I am a man. Your broad generalizations, willful ignorance, broad obtuseness, and general stupidity only confirm what you have described yourself -- sans egalitarianism.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2014, 10:52 AM
(23-10-2014 08:47 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 11:04 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: 1354237059761.jpg]

*labels as EVIL ROBOT OVERLORD*

[Image: 20b.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-10-2014, 11:29 AM
Yes, sorry I misread a couple of things earlier while I was rushing.

Honestly on this issue I am going to step down my arguments because I think it is mainly just language things. Despite a strong disagreement with the choice of name, and the assertion that the public face of the label is 'not the real thing', I think it's getting in the way of us seeing that we fundamentally agree with each other when it comes to equality.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post
23-10-2014, 12:05 PM
(23-10-2014 11:29 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Yes, sorry I misread a couple of things earlier while I was rushing.

Honestly on this issue I am going to step down my arguments because I think it is mainly just language things. Despite a strong disagreement with the choice of name, and the assertion that the public face of the label is 'not the real thing', I think it's getting in the way of us seeing that we fundamentally agree with each other when it comes to equality.

You do feel strongly tho about HOW you think you are perceived by society at large..... So...
Maybe thats worth a peek?
How do we come by these societal norms regarding certain stereotypes of people?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
23-10-2014, 12:59 PM
(23-10-2014 12:05 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 11:29 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Yes, sorry I misread a couple of things earlier while I was rushing.

You do feel strongly tho about HOW you think you are perceived by society at large..... So...

*labels as a WITCH*

BURN HER! Hobo
23-10-2014, 02:13 PM
(23-10-2014 12:59 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 12:05 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  You do feel strongly tho about HOW you think you are perceived by society at large..... So...

*labels as a WITCH*

BURN HER! Hobo

[Image: bur-the-witch.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-10-2014, 04:42 PM
I strongly disagree. Just because people don't use the label 'feminist' does not mean they are a poison to our movement. The rabid SJWs who make this claim are the real one who are poisoning the skeptic movement.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Adam9812's post
25-10-2014, 02:03 AM
(24-10-2014 04:42 PM)Adam9812 Wrote:  I strongly disagree. Just because people don't use the label 'feminist' does not mean they are a poison to our movement. The rabid SJWs who make this claim are the real one who are poisoning the skeptic movement.

What about the Social Justice Clerics? Or the Social Justice Rogues? How about Social Justice Rangers and Social Justice Paladins?

Everyone is always giving Social Justice Warriors shit. Well, I can think of worse things to fight for, all things considered.

But I totally want to be a Social Justice Monk...

25-10-2014, 10:32 AM
(25-10-2014 02:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 04:42 PM)Adam9812 Wrote:  I strongly disagree. Just because people don't use the label 'feminist' does not mean they are a poison to our movement. The rabid SJWs who make this claim are the real one who are poisoning the skeptic movement.

What about the Social Justice Clerics? Or the Social Justice Rogues? How about Social Justice Rangers and Social Justice Paladins?

Everyone is always giving Social Justice Warriors shit. Well, I can think of worse things to fight for, all things considered.

But I totally want to be a Social Justice Monk...

I don't think that fighting for social justice is inherently or otherwise bad. But often times, they tend to think of those who prefer not to call themselves feminists as bad people.

Another tactic I find distasteful is how they often employ methods of making themselves look more like a victim.

Again, I don't dislike everyone who uses the label 'feminist' to define oneself, but those who think I should do the same.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-10-2014, 02:16 PM
I'm late to the party but I'll share my male perspective. Anti-Feminism is in response to pseudo feminists. The ones who run around angry at the world shouting people down because they have a different viewpoint. The ones who claim to be victims or somehow persecuted in order to garner sympathy and ultimately followers. The ones who care very little about actual female victims of persecution (especially in other countries) or those females who suffer workplace discrimination. What you have now is the Al Sharpton's of "Feminism" getting way too much press and credibility for offering nothing but bullshit. Thunderfoot's video's have addressed this. Of the self proclaimed feminists I've met they have all been closer to humanists than anything. To deny that society is skewed towards the male perspective is to deny reality.

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
[+] 2 users Like aesirus's post