Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2014, 01:32 PM
RE: Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism
(06-09-2014 03:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 03:13 PM)Joh Wrote:  I guess this thread will detonate as I chose a relatively provocative title... but well, here it goes:

What is it with this anti-feminism in some "atheist circles" lately?

For instance I loved Thunderf00ts videos until he started complaining about feminism, misrepresenting feminism and harassing specific feminists to the point where he doesn't even take it seriously that Anita Sarkeesian now received death threats for what she thinks and does. He speaks of little else anymore! I had unsubscribed from his channel a couple of months ago and went back to it to see if anything had changed. Nope, it seems to get more extreme...
When you look at the comments on his videos, you see what kind of sexist people he attracts... And he (as well as The Amazing Atheist!) has so many subscribers that it may shed a terrible light on atheism and/or its "community"...
Yes, I know, nobody represents us... theoretically. But unfortunately I think in reality they sort of are...!? At least in the eyes of some people probably.

And yes, of course I am a feminist, I am all for equality! And I don't see myself not calling myself a feminist anymore because 3.5 feminists interpret feminism in a weird way that I don't necessarily agree with!

Sadly it seems that the younger you are the more likely you are to have bought into the caricature of feminism put forth by the likes of Rush Limbaugh rather than what it really is. It really does seem to be a generational thing as the most outspoken rabid anti-feminists tend to be from the under 18 crowd. Oh and don't worry this thread will devolve into flames due to a presence of those types here.

I always find this accusation hilarious, as I called myself a feminist until I encountered other feminists on the internet. I read up on feminism, when you read about it it seems like it is all about equality and equal rights. I am all for equal rights and women's rights. Then I encountered other feminists and realized that the whole movement is fucking terrible.

Feminism was actually a good thing once, when feminists fought for the right to vote and then got women out of the kitchen. Now feminism has degenerated into the oppression olympics and does nothing for women.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2014, 01:34 PM
(07-09-2014 01:29 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I get you want everything equal, and that is exactly what feminism wants, equality.

I don't believe a name change is order. You seem to think one is in order and that is where the difference is.

Am I right?

Yes. I believe people think in language if we change language we can change minds
if we change mankind to humankind, spokesman to spokesperson and chairman to chairperson it will make a difference.
07-09-2014, 01:35 PM
(07-09-2014 01:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I'll type slowly -

You have that women are more privileged and you have said that they aren't.

Pick one.

I will answer slowly, men are more privileged but men have some issues against them too.
07-09-2014, 01:36 PM
(07-09-2014 01:35 PM)Antonis Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 01:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I'll type slowly -

You have that women are more privileged and you have said that they aren't.

Pick one.

I will answer slowl, men are more privileged but men have some issues against them too.

Thanks for the slowl type.

That's the question I wanted one answer to. You can't have it both ways.

And everyone - everyone has some issues against them at one time or another.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
07-09-2014, 01:38 PM
(07-09-2014 01:32 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Now feminism has degenerated into the oppression olympics and does nothing for women.

Evidence that feminism does nothing for women please?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
07-09-2014, 01:42 PM
(07-09-2014 01:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 01:35 PM)Antonis Wrote:  I will answer slowl, men are more privileged but men have some issues against them too.

Thanks for the slowl type.

Sorry for the typo

Why i have to take a stand if no side from the two you offer me express my beliefs
I will call myself feminist when all radical feminists stop call themselves feminist
and the only member are those that want equality
07-09-2014, 01:44 PM
(07-09-2014 01:42 PM)Antonis Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 01:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thanks for the slowl type.

Sorry for the typo

Why i have to take a stand if no side from the two you offer me express my beliefs
I will call myself feminist when all radical feminists stop call themselves feminist
and the only member are those that want equality

Again these so called "radicals" are mostly fictitious with the odd nutcase thrown in. Actual feminist organizations like NOW are most definitely not feminazis and do a great deal of good work.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
07-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Pretty much every group has a portion of it's members that can be seen as radical. That doesn't diminish the importance of everyone in the group or the main reason for the group.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-09-2014, 01:51 PM
(07-09-2014 01:38 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 01:32 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Now feminism has degenerated into the oppression olympics and does nothing for women.

Evidence that feminism does nothing for women please?

"X does nothing" is a negative claim. Negative claims don't have to be proven. It is up to whoever is making the positive claim to prove their position.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

07-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Also, we aren't poisoning anything. We liked atheism, we like the four horsemen, we like Dawkins and Harris and Hitchens (the other guy I don't know much about). Everything was fine. Then you had to bring in your SJW bullshit with Rebecca Watson and elevatorgate. We don't want this, we just want atheism.