Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: Anti-Feminism is poisoning atheism
(07-09-2014 01:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 01:42 PM)Antonis Wrote:  Sorry for the typo

Why i have to take a stand if no side from the two you offer me express my beliefs
I will call myself feminist when all radical feminists stop call themselves feminist
and the only member are those that want equality

Again these so called "radicals" are mostly fictitious with the odd nutcase thrown in. Actual feminist organizations like NOW are most definitely not feminazis and do a great deal of good work.

Lets talk about the op example anita sarkeesian a woman i didn't even know untill some hours ago from the little reaserch i have done this woman started a kickstart about video game sexism calling super mario sexist game because it has the trope
Damsel in Distress and that games are sexist because they don't have alot of female protagonist showing ignorance in basics economics. I don't this is an organization i want to be a part of.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2014, 01:58 PM
(07-09-2014 01:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Pretty much every group has a portion of it's members that can be seen as radical. That doesn't diminish the importance of everyone in the group or the main reason for the group.

I think we can talk for hours and not understand each other i believe and want everything a real feminist want i just prefer call myself egalitarianist because the word is more neutral and i believe language affects the thinking of people
07-09-2014, 02:05 PM
(07-09-2014 01:55 PM)Antonis Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 01:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Again these so called "radicals" are mostly fictitious with the odd nutcase thrown in. Actual feminist organizations like NOW are most definitely not feminazis and do a great deal of good work.

Lets talk about the op example anita sarkeesian a woman i didn't even know untill some hours ago from the little reaserch i have done this woman started a kickstart about video game sexism calling super mario sexist game because it has the trope
Damsel in Distress and that games are sexist because they don't have alot of female protagonist showing ignorance in basics economics. I don't this is an organization i want to be a part of.

Oh games are incredibly sexist. Do I need to bring up Dead or Alive beach volleyball? Even if they were not the reaction she got is not a mature one. If you want to discuss her position point by point that would be one thing but the death threats and poo flinging that was engaged in by some in that community (who were then shielded by the community) is really off putting. The more I have looked into it the worse the so-called gamers look. Really if games want to be considered an artform on par with movies then they need to open themselves up to just this kind of criticism.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
07-09-2014, 02:12 PM
Yeah very immature stuff indeed! I have read some comments Anita got on her videos. She has a screen shot of some of them on her website. So in case anyone wonders why she has her comments turned off... http://www.feministfrequency.com/2012/06...n-youtube/
07-09-2014, 02:13 PM
(07-09-2014 01:55 PM)Antonis Wrote:  Lets talk about the op example anita sarkeesian a woman i didn't even know untill some hours ago from the little reaserch i have done this woman started a kickstart about video game sexism calling super mario sexist game because it has the trope

She never said anything remotely like "Super Mario is sexist", much less "games" period.

So there's that.

Nor does "basic economics" have anything to do with gendered tropes in media. So there's that too.

(07-09-2014 02:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Oh games are incredibly sexist. Do I need to bring up Dead or Alive beach volleyball? Even if they were not the reaction she got is not a mature one. If you want to discuss her position point by point that would be one thing but the death threats and poo flinging that was engaged in by some in that community (who were then shielded by the community) is really off putting. The more I have looked into it the worse the so-called gamers look. Really if games want to be considered an artform on par with movies then they need to open themselves up to just this kind of criticism.

And indeed that.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
07-09-2014, 02:17 PM
(07-09-2014 02:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 01:55 PM)Antonis Wrote:  Lets talk about the op example anita sarkeesian a woman i didn't even know untill some hours ago from the little reaserch i have done this woman started a kickstart about video game sexism calling super mario sexist game because it has the trope

Oh games are incredibly sexist. Do I need to bring up Dead or Alive beach volleyball? Even if they were not the reaction she got is not a mature one. If you want to discuss her position point by point that would be one thing but the death threats and poo flinging that was engaged in by some in that community (who were then shielded by the community) is really off putting. The more I have looked into it the worse the so-called gamers look. Really if games want to be considered an artform on par with movies then they need to open themselves up to just this kind of criticism.

I agree with you post almost completely. I disagree with her position, but the death
threats she received are rediculous but gaming community just like comic community is a very hostile robert bowling received death threats because modern warfare 3 had a bad perk. Dan slott the writer of spiderman get tons of death threats when he killed peter parker. This have nothing to do with gender these people are just plain stupid its sad really because i consider myself a big fan of both mediums.
07-09-2014, 02:23 PM
(07-09-2014 02:13 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

She never said anything remotely like "Super Mario is sexist", much less "games" period.

So there's that.

Nor does "basic economics" have anything to do with gendered tropes in media. So there's that too.

(07-09-2014 02:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Oh games are incredibly sexist. Do I need to bring up Dead or Alive beach volleyball? Even if they were not the reaction she got is not a mature one. If you want to discuss her position point by point that would be one thing but the death threats and poo flinging that was engaged in by some in that community (who were then shielded by the community) is really off putting. The more I have looked into it the worse the so-called gamers look. Really if games want to be considered an artform on par with movies then they need to open themselves up to just this kind of criticism.

And indeed that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6p5AZp7r_Q

You can clearly see in this video that she things super mario promotes sexism through the trope damsel in distress

My comment about economy has to do with the fact that in every medium female protagonist just don't sell as much as male protagonist games except maybe lara croft. The two biggest flops in superhero movies is electra and catwoman even if the movies were bad studios are really anxious to invest money in something that may bomb and that goes to every medium. Even the most famous superheroine Wonderwoman barely can keep her own title sometimes.
[+] 1 user Likes Antonis's post
07-09-2014, 02:26 PM
(07-09-2014 01:51 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 01:38 PM)morondog Wrote:  Evidence that feminism does nothing for women please?

"X does nothing" is a negative claim. Negative claims don't have to be proven. It is up to whoever is making the positive claim to prove their position.

You made the claim that feminism does nothing for women. You made the claim bud, up to you to justify it.

This bullshit of negative claims and trying to shift the burden of proof - you clearly don't know your arse from your elbow as far as logic is concerned Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
07-09-2014, 02:28 PM
With my Feminazi post (Which was bound to garner negative bashing directed back at me) I was simply trying to address the differences between those that want empowerment of women and gender equality, and those that simply want women to feel like they can say and do anything they want about the opposite sex without consequence. I don't feel the need to say it, but I guess I shall in-case somebody on here decides to misinterpret my post: I consider myself a male feminist, pro-feminist. I hope one day to work for an organization that promotes the use of contraception and the empowerment of women who are struggling to break free from reproductive bonds. This business regarding YouTubers is getting rather trivial and tiresome to me...

[Image: tumblr_mhlahyonF51qaozevo1_250.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2014, 02:30 PM
(07-09-2014 02:28 PM)I Slappa DaFace Wrote:  those that simply want women to feel like they can say and do anything they want about the opposite sex without consequence

Because there are so many of those... Rolleyes

WTF kind of crap are people regurgitating about feminism that something like this can be said seriously?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post