Anti-Gay Pastor's Home Destroyed By God's Wrath

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2016, 12:01 PM
RE: Anti-Gay Pastor's Home Destroyed By God's Wrath
(21-08-2016 01:15 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(20-08-2016 07:13 AM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  At least we aren't massacring people in wars and giving rise to neo fascism in the west. Yet somehow making fun of you turds means we are the bad ones? Lol

There I two things that I hear a lot from atheists. For the sake of argument I am going to turn them into premises:

Premise 1: Atheist Do not need religion to behave morally.
Premise 2: Religion causes people to do evil things.
Conclusion: We should expect atheists to behave much better than religious people.

But the truth is they do not. The gloat just as much if not more at the misfortune of those they disagree with. And they massacre millions...Mao and Stalin for instance. And last, they get all butthurt when someone like me wanders by and says, "Hey stop being assholes would yah".

It's not "butthurt" -- it's bemusement at your hypocrisy.

You, of all people, telling others not to be assholes ... kinda like OJ giving a lecture on non-violent problem resolution.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
21-08-2016, 09:53 PM
(20-08-2016 01:06 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  One reason you atheists have a bad reputation is because of gloating threads like this.

Atheists have a bad reputation? Shit! Next you'll tell me Jews have a bad reputation!

OMG, I'm so sad about this! Please don't think such negative things about us, Heywood! Please!
[+] 8 users Like Aliza's post
21-08-2016, 10:42 PM
(21-08-2016 09:53 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(20-08-2016 01:06 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  One reason you atheists have a bad reputation is because of gloating threads like this.

Atheists have a bad reputation? Shit! Next you'll tell me Jews have a bad reputation!

OMG, I'm so sad about this! Please don't think such negative things about us, Heywood! Please!

Well at least we Catholics have a good reputation. And we will violently wipe outmorally Crusade against or launch an Inquisition gently question anyone who disagrees with that.

Really though Heywood, I get what you meant with that comment. Polls do show atheists are the most mis-trusted group in America, thus indicating that a lot of people do think they have a bad reputation. However, opinions tend to be quite subjective, and from someone else's point of view, each of us has a bad reputation. And with that pseudo-musing on the nature of the lack of an objective measure of reputation, sleep calls like a siren.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
22-08-2016, 12:23 AM
(21-08-2016 01:15 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(20-08-2016 07:13 AM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  At least we aren't massacring people in wars and giving rise to neo fascism in the west. Yet somehow making fun of you turds means we are the bad ones? Lol

There I two things that I hear a lot from atheists. For the sake of argument I am going to turn them into premises:

Conclusion: We should expect atheists to behave much better than religious people.

But the truth is they do not. The gloat just as much if not more at the misfortune of those they disagree with. And they massacre millions...Mao and Stalin for instance. And last, they get all butthurt when someone like me wanders by and says, "Hey stop being assholes would yah".

Does anyone on this forum defend Stalin or Mao? No? Then fuck off.

22-08-2016, 01:32 AM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2016 01:36 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(21-08-2016 09:53 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Atheists have a bad reputation? Shit! Next you'll tell me Jews have a bad reputation!

Generally speaking, I hold Jews in much higher regard than I do atheists. If I were to rank groups, I'd be hard pressed not to put jews at the top.
22-08-2016, 01:34 AM
(22-08-2016 12:23 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(21-08-2016 01:15 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  There I two things that I hear a lot from atheists. For the sake of argument I am going to turn them into premises:

Does anyone on this forum defend Stalin or Mao? No? Then fuck off.

The claim was religious people wage war and massacre people. The truth is atheists do this too. Sorry if the truth makes you butthurt.
22-08-2016, 01:38 AM
(21-08-2016 12:01 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(21-08-2016 01:15 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  There I two things that I hear a lot from atheists. For the sake of argument I am going to turn them into premises:

You, of all people, telling others not to be assholes ... kinda like OJ giving a lecture on non-violent problem resolution.

From my perspective the hypocrisy is a bunch of assholes are telling me I am an asshole.

The difference between me and you guys is that I know I can be dick. You guys are oblivious because your too busy smelling your own farts.
22-08-2016, 04:32 AM
I'm often amazed at what a dishonest fuck you are.

First of all, Mao and Stalin had their own religion, a secular one that made an unquestionable "god" of the communist state, and their murders were done in the name of the state, not in the name of atheism. Only people who questioned the state's right to rule were punished, including priests who spoke out against communism. They had a "vision of a better world" which included killing off anyone who stood in the way of their idea of progress. Others who did not question the new god were allowed to go right on practicing their Christian religion, including the Russian Orthodox church. China, which remains communist, is on course to become the largest Christian population on the planet.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...years.html

Second, we're not mocking Perkins because he's a Christian. We're knocking him specifically because he made the public claim that God used nature to punish people for The Gay™... and now the Goddess of Irony has struck him down with a natural disaster.

Finally, we actually *do* see that atheists act just as morally as their religious counterparts:

http://www.livescience.com/47799-moralit...liefs.html

We also see that the children of believers tend to be less kind than their godless counterparts:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/chi...re-6781485

And we see that atheists and other nonbelievers, though making up between 5 and 15% of the US population (depending on how the question is asked), are almost nonexistent in the prison system:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...opulation/

Interestingly, my state of incarceration "wins" for the most atheists incarcerated, at 0.46%, so... huzzah!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
22-08-2016, 06:45 AM
(21-08-2016 12:01 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

He pulls out a brush big enough to tar all atheists. I'm surprised that nobody has reminded HB that Stalin and Mao substituted themselves as the deity figure in state-defined worship. Look to North Korea for a current model. So, he's wrong, right there.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
22-08-2016, 07:10 AM
(21-08-2016 10:42 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Well at least we Catholics have a good reputation. And we will violently wipe outmorally Crusade against or launch an Inquisition gently question anyone who disagrees with that.

I didn't expect respect that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post