Anti-Gay Pastor's Home Destroyed By God's Wrath

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2016, 09:20 PM
RE: Anti-Gay Pastor's Home Destroyed By God's Wrath
(22-08-2016 01:38 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(21-08-2016 12:01 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  It's not "butthurt" -- it's bemusement at your hypocrisy.

You, of all people, telling others not to be assholes ... kinda like OJ giving a lecture on non-violent problem resolution.

From my perspective the hypocrisy is a bunch of assholes are telling me I am an asshole.

The difference between me and you guys is that I know I can be dick. You guys are oblivious because your too busy smelling your own farts.

Oh, I know I'm an asshole to you. It's purposeful. I make change in the coin tendered.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
23-08-2016, 12:50 AM
(22-08-2016 11:43 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 01:38 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  From my perspective the hypocrisy is a bunch of assholes are telling me I am an asshole.

The difference between me and you guys is that I know I can be dick. You guys are oblivious because your too busy smelling your own farts.

So.... you don't like us and you've had no success in converting us. Why are you still here?

Is it to convert the lurkers? By your own admission, you're an asshole. Why should they listen to you?

Hitchens was an asshole yet he said things that made people think. Just because one is an asshole doesn't mean one isn't right or can't say something that people are going to reflect on later....when they are no longer mad at the asshole.
23-08-2016, 01:09 AM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-08-2016, 02:00 AM
(23-08-2016 12:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 11:43 AM)Aliza Wrote:  So.... you don't like us and you've had no success in converting us. Why are you still here?

Is it to convert the lurkers? By your own admission, you're an asshole. Why should they listen to you?

Hitchens was an asshole yet he said things that made people think. Just because one is an asshole doesn't mean one isn't right or can't say something that people are going to reflect on later....when they are no longer mad at the asshole.

I'm unfamiliar with any example of Hitchens being an asshole. I've seen him "call bullshit", and do so with solid reasons for said call, but I've not seen an example of him deliberately trying to annoy others for his own amusement... which is how most of us would define asshole, I think.

If you mean he was insufficiently sensitive to the wishes of other people who would prefer he not speak about the subjects they don't want to hear anyone speak about, then I suppose they might think of him as an asshole. But it's not the same thing.

If you have an example of him deliberately trying to hurt someone's feelings, I'd like to see it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
23-08-2016, 02:36 AM
(23-08-2016 02:00 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 12:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Hitchens was an asshole yet he said things that made people think. Just because one is an asshole doesn't mean one isn't right or can't say something that people are going to reflect on later....when they are no longer mad at the asshole.

I'm unfamiliar with any example of Hitchens being an asshole. I've seen him "call bullshit", and do so with solid reasons for said call, but I've not seen an example of him deliberately trying to annoy others for his own amusement... which is how most of us would define asshole, I think.

If you mean he was insufficiently sensitive to the wishes of other people who would prefer he not speak about the subjects they don't want to hear anyone speak about, then I suppose they might think of him as an asshole. But it's not the same thing.

If you have an example of him deliberately trying to hurt someone's feelings, I'd like to see it.

Lots of atheists acknowledge Hitchens was an asshole

http://greatapes.ca/blog/2011/12/the-pro...-hitchens/
23-08-2016, 03:34 AM
(23-08-2016 02:36 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Lots of atheists acknowledge Hitchens was an asshole

One random guy and six comments from 2011...how compelling.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
23-08-2016, 04:08 AM
(23-08-2016 03:34 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 02:36 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Lots of atheists acknowledge Hitchens was an asshole

One random guy and six comments from 2011...how compelling.

When you die do think there will be a random guy commenting on you being an asshole? No, all they will be saying is you should have wiped better because you left a ring around Uranus.
23-08-2016, 04:14 AM
(23-08-2016 04:08 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 03:34 AM)Anjele Wrote:  One random guy and six comments from 2011...how compelling.

When you die do think there will be a random guy commenting on you being an asshole? No, all they will be saying is you should have wiped better because you left a ring around Uranus.

Seriously...that's lame even coming from you.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

23-08-2016, 04:22 AM
(23-08-2016 04:14 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 04:08 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  When you die do think there will be a random guy commenting on you being an asshole? No, all they will be saying is you should have wiped better because you left a ring around Uranus.

Seriously...that's lame even coming from you.

You're too old to have a sense of humor.
23-08-2016, 04:29 AM
(23-08-2016 04:22 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 04:14 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Seriously...that's lame even coming from you.

You're too old to have a sense of humor.

Yes, entirely too far past middle school 'humor'.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post