Anti-Gay Pastor's Home Destroyed By God's Wrath

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2016, 04:38 AM
RE: Anti-Gay Pastor's Home Destroyed By God's Wrath
(23-08-2016 04:29 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 04:22 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You're too old to have a sense of humor.

Yes, entirely too far past middle school 'humor'.

At least my when I sink my teeth into a steak they don't stay there.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2016, 04:44 AM
(23-08-2016 04:38 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 04:29 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Yes, entirely too far past middle school 'humor'.

It helps that your carers mush it up for you first so you don't choke.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
23-08-2016, 04:45 AM
(23-08-2016 04:38 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 04:29 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Yes, entirely too far past middle school 'humor'.

Another knee-slapper there...you are really on your game.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-08-2016, 04:50 AM
(23-08-2016 04:45 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 04:38 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  At least my when I sink my teeth into a steak they don't stay there.

You're too cranky these days to appreciate it.
23-08-2016, 06:41 AM
(23-08-2016 02:36 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 02:00 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I'm unfamiliar with any example of Hitchens being an asshole. I've seen him "call bullshit", and do so with solid reasons for said call, but I've not seen an example of him deliberately trying to annoy others for his own amusement... which is how most of us would define asshole, I think.

If you mean he was insufficiently sensitive to the wishes of other people who would prefer he not speak about the subjects they don't want to hear anyone speak about, then I suppose they might think of him as an asshole. But it's not the same thing.

If you have an example of him deliberately trying to hurt someone's feelings, I'd like to see it.

Lots of atheists acknowledge Hitchens was an asshole

http://greatapes.ca/blog/2011/12/the-pro...-hitchens/

I read that blog before you posted it (when I was looking for examples, myself), and I've seen it said elsewhere... but I've never seen an example of it.

Rather, it appears to me that because he didn't tiptoe around people's sacred cows, but was plain-spoken (politely, unless they made him mad with aggressive speech) about things as he saw them, they called him an asshole... and they did it enough times that the appellation stuck even in the minds of people who should not so readily adopt the perspective of angered theists.

However, like the "Uncle Tom" effect, there are some who think it is not the place of their fellow atheists to tread upon the ground declared as sacred by the believers. They'd rather we just shut up and "go along to get along"; this is, of course, exactly what the theists would prefer, as well, so they can go about their merry way trying to (re-)establish theocratic toeholds in our culture.

But as I said, I have never actually seen an example of Hitch behaving in a way that I'd think of as "being an asshole". He has certainly been wrong about things, and expressed opinions that disturb/disgust even me, so I'm not a fan of him in the sense of a fan or devotee. I just don't see that the bad reputation actually fits the man.

As I said, if there are examples, I would like to see them, and I will readily acknowledge it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
23-08-2016, 09:11 AM
(23-08-2016 02:00 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 12:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Hitchens was an asshole yet he said things that made people think. Just because one is an asshole doesn't mean one isn't right or can't say something that people are going to reflect on later....when they are no longer mad at the asshole.

I'm unfamiliar with any example of Hitchens being an asshole. I've seen him "call bullshit", and do so with solid reasons for said call, but I've not seen an example of him deliberately trying to annoy others for his own amusement... which is how most of us would define asshole, I think.

If you mean he was insufficiently sensitive to the wishes of other people who would prefer he not speak about the subjects they don't want to hear anyone speak about, then I suppose they might think of him as an asshole. But it's not the same thing.

If you have an example of him deliberately trying to hurt someone's feelings, I'd like to see it.

RS and Heywood,

I think Christopher Hitchens was an asshole. I think Richard Dawkins is an asshole too. However, there are a few key differences between Hitchens, Dawkins and Heywood that I think need to pointed out.

Hitchens and Dawkins are recognized as leaders in their fields. Their views and opinions matter.

In spite of their abrasive tones, they’ve been very successful at communicating their message. People forgive (even enjoy) the ill-mannered approach they take.

Neither Hitchens nor Dawkins adopted monikers that sounded out “Hey would you blow me.” Inviting people to suck your dick drives a wedge between you and your audience and causes people to develop a negative bias toward you.

With success comes the flexibility to be a little bold. Hitchens and Dawkins have a proven success record that can be demonstrated through media articles, book sales Youtube hits and lecture attendance.

Heywood, can you point to any place on this forum when you’ve enlightened your audience and their perspective has changed? However low I expect your success rate to actually be, I’m still expecting that you’ve had some success. Why else would you keep coming back using the same tactics if you have a 100% failure rate?
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
23-08-2016, 10:58 AM
(23-08-2016 12:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Hitchens was an asshole yet he said things that made people think. Just because one is an asshole doesn't mean one isn't right or can't say something that people are going to reflect on later....when they are no longer mad at the asshole.

Forgive my snickering at you comparing yourself to Christopher Hitchens ... that shit's just funny. A lot funnier than the slams you were trying out on Anj.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
23-08-2016, 11:05 AM
(21-08-2016 01:15 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Premise 1: Atheist Do not need religion to behave morally.
Premise 2: Religion causes people to do evil things.
Conclusion: We should expect atheists to behave much better than religious people.
Actually, I believe it's: Without God, good people would still do good things and bad people would still do bad things; but for a good person to do something truly evil requires religion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
[+] 2 users Like jabeady's post
23-08-2016, 12:05 PM
Morning wood again shows he's an idiot

1. Atheists not needing religion to be good doesn't mean there are't any bad atheists i can name plenty (just none on this site at least none yet)

2. Begin a theist doesn't make one good either i can name tons of theist assholes Matthew Slick being number 1 in assholery. (worst still unlike Hitchens he makes excuses for his behavior)

3. As for how morning wood is treated on this site nope he still is the sole asshole on this site and is treated as such. His treatment is solely of his own making

Lastly no one can or has ever done evil in the name of atheism such a concept is impossible by definition but evil can be committed by atheists for reasons that have nothing to do with there atheism

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes OrdoSkeptica's post
23-08-2016, 12:12 PM
(23-08-2016 04:45 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 04:38 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  At least my when I sink my teeth into a steak they don't stay there.

don't be absurd Moringwood can't have steak till his mommy slices it up for him

actually he can't eat period due to the fact every time he opens his mouth a torrent of fecal matter comes surging out it's rather sad

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes OrdoSkeptica's post