Anti-Gay Pastor's Home Destroyed By God's Wrath

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2016, 01:32 PM
RE: Anti-Gay Pastor's Home Destroyed By God's Wrath
(23-08-2016 09:11 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Heywood, can you point to any place on this forum when you’ve enlightened your audience and their perspective has changed? However low I expect your success rate to actually be, I’m still expecting that you’ve had some success. Why else would you keep coming back using the same tactics if you have a 100% failure rate?

My take is that he's like that bratty little kid on the grade school playground who is lonely and the only way he knows to get attention is to pester the big kids. Tongue out, neener neener, the whole works.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Fireball's post
23-08-2016, 02:33 PM
(22-08-2016 07:10 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(21-08-2016 10:42 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Well at least we Catholics have a good reputation. And we will violently wipe outmorally Crusade against or launch an Inquisition gently question anyone who disagrees with that.

I didn't expect respect that.

Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition...

(I admit, I just wanted to do the Spanish Inquisition line since you set it up. Thanks!)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
24-08-2016, 01:03 AM
(23-08-2016 01:32 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 09:11 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Heywood, can you point to any place on this forum when you’ve enlightened your audience and their perspective has changed? However low I expect your success rate to actually be, I’m still expecting that you’ve had some success. Why else would you keep coming back using the same tactics if you have a 100% failure rate?

My take is that he's like that bratty little kid on the grade school playground who is lonely and the only way he knows to get attention is to pester the big kids. Tongue out, neener neener, the whole works.

When you're lonely, all attention is good attention.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
24-08-2016, 03:21 AM
(23-08-2016 10:58 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 12:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Hitchens was an asshole yet he said things that made people think. Just because one is an asshole doesn't mean one isn't right or can't say something that people are going to reflect on later....when they are no longer mad at the asshole.

Forgive my snickering at you comparing yourself to Christopher Hitchens ... that shit's just funny. A lot funnier than the slams you were trying out on Anj.

I'm not claiming I am as successful as Hitchens was at getting people to think about things....I'm just saying being an asshole doesn't mean it can't be done as Aliza errantly suggested.
24-08-2016, 08:59 AM
(24-08-2016 03:21 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 10:58 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Forgive my snickering at you comparing yourself to Christopher Hitchens ... that shit's just funny. A lot funnier than the slams you were trying out on Anj.

I'm not claiming I am as successful as Hitchens was at getting people to think about things....I'm just saying being an asshole doesn't mean it can't be done as Aliza errantly suggested.

There was no errancy about it. I clearly agreed with you that people can be assholes while also being successful at communicating a message. This method seems especially effective when the intended audience has as much pent-up anger as the atheists do toward the oppressive nature of Christianity.

I'm making the distinction that you're not successful at employing this tactic. You apparently have no success at all at appealing to the members of this forum. Shit, you can't even make allies of the theists here. So if you're unsuccessful at communicating your message and you're unwilling to change your tactics to become more successful, then why do you come here? The only reason I can think of is that you're here to troll.
[+] 8 users Like Aliza's post
24-08-2016, 01:57 PM
(24-08-2016 03:21 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'm not claiming I am as successful as Hitchens was at getting people to think about things....I'm just saying being an asshole doesn't mean it can't be done as Aliza errantly suggested.

I'm not attributing that claim to you.

But what Aliza suggested is at least partly true. Something about flies, honey, and vinegar comes to mind. Hitchens got away with being a jerk sometimes because his ideas were strong enough to command respect anyway.

Yours, not so much.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post