Anti-Homosexuality In The Bible a Mistranslation?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Anti-Homosexuality In The Bible a Mistranslation?
I think most Christian's are completely going up the wrong tree when it comes to anti-homosexuality. Considering that the bible is a translation from the original language many errors can be made obviously. So basing the word of God, from the translated word of man, seems a bit ridiculous, not to mention if God really wanted his message out there, wouldn't he give his word to people of all languages?

Anyway, I don't think Christian's are supposed to be anti-gay, since from what I have read of the bible, there is only a brief verse on 'thou shalt not lay with another man', but mostly it is anti forced sodomy (Prison rape for example, it is a show of dominance rather than love making.) Since back in Jacob's time, there was a lot of forced sodomy just like the environment of a prison. So it's very likely that there is a mistranslation where it was meant to be anti-forced sodomy rather than consensual homosexuality. It can be easily confused. I think it might be interesting thing to bring up when talking to Christians.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2012, 01:20 PM
RE: Anti-Homosexuality In The Bible a Mistranslation?
(13-12-2012 12:57 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I think it might be interesting thing to bring up when talking to Christians.

Why?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
13-12-2012, 01:23 PM

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
13-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Who gives a shit? Bring it up, they dodge it, and then they find asshats like you trying to argue against homosexuality without the bible in the most bassackwards way possible.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
13-12-2012, 01:55 PM
(13-12-2012 12:57 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Since back in Jacob's time, there was a lot of forced sodomy just like the environment of a prison. So it's very likely that there is a mistranslation where it was meant to be anti-forced sodomy rather than consensual homosexuality. It can be easily confused. I think it might be interesting thing to bring up when talking to Christians.
Such utter crap. You have clue what was happening "back in Jacob's time". Jacob was a mythological character.
You seem to enjoy making a fool of yourself.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
13-12-2012, 01:58 PM
If god were real, then we are all going to hell. Good thing he's imaginary, otherwise that whole book is fucked up.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
13-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Why bring it up in the name of random conversation? You know what I talk to my christian friend about every week we visit one another?

The next Metal Gear game.

Point I'm representing is bias communication is a waste of time and valuable resources, and also an existence. Save arguments for where they require ground; debates and the internet.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Matthew Laramore's post
13-12-2012, 02:01 PM
(13-12-2012 01:23 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 12:57 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Since back in Jacob's time, there was a lot of forced sodomy just like the environment of a prison.
How do you know that and what are your sources?
Personal experience, perhaps? Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
13-12-2012, 04:11 PM
No. It's pretty clear. In the OT, Moses instructs against homosexuality, and in the NT, Paul instructs against it.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
13-12-2012, 04:16 PM
(13-12-2012 12:57 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Since back in Jacob's time, there was a lot of forced sodomy just like the environment of a prison. So it's very likely that there is a mistranslation where it was meant to be anti-forced sodomy rather than consensual homosexuality. It can be easily confused. I think it might be interesting thing to bring up when talking to Christians.
...I... what? How do you know that?

And no. There isn't a mistranslation. First, learn some language history.

Sodomy was in a denotative sense GAY BUTT SEX BECAUSE YOU'RE GAY.

Playing semantic games with the language based on modern language idiosyncrasies is beyond bunk. Sodomy was homosexuality. Period.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 5 users Like kingschosen's post