Poll: Please select one of the following five options.
I am anti-Theism
I am anti-Theists
I am anti-Theism and Theists
I am anti-neither; I am simply an Atheist
I feel this poll unfairly frames the options
[Show Results]

Anti-Theists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2012, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2012 02:47 PM by Ghost.)
Anti-Theists
Hey, erbody.

Just wanted to get some insight.

ON EDIT: I'm sorry. I should have put I AM NOT AN ATHEIST as an option. Forgive me.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: Anti-Theists
Don't hold anything against religion and religious in general, just wish there was more freedom for those who don't follow the creed to express themselves.
17-01-2012, 03:07 PM
I am anti stupidity and injustice. Take from that what you will.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
17-01-2012, 03:14 PM
I am anti-Theism and Theists

Id like to clarify, Religious freedom? sure thing go on right ahead worship the invisible man in the sky to your heart's content,
But Theists that want to meddle in my life or any other human's life are enemies to me
Via politics, lynch mobs, etc.
"religion is like your penis, dont shove it down anyone's throat against their will"
Creationism in school
Sharia zones in london
Anti-freedom of speech
etc.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 1 user Likes Jackrabbit's post
17-01-2012, 04:04 PM
I'm a theist in the "good" sense; that ain't the problem. Religion is the problem, thus "anti-theism."

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
17-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Okay. Fine. I know when I'm not wanted.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
17-01-2012, 04:26 PM
(17-01-2012 04:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Okay. Fine. I know when I'm not wanted.

Poor KC, why did you have to lock him out in the rain?

[Image: lsvF8.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
17-01-2012, 05:43 PM
I am anti theists because I'm a bored intellectual snob. Religion is a good material for discussion (bashing) but the theists I know can't even think properly. They can't ask and answer questions, this is why they have this one book, so they can just sing along with the crowd. They're just kids raised by religious parents who hang out together and play childish games and don't drink alcohol. (sheltered kids always under supervision, you know) They're not very smart, but I suspect most of them wouldn't be much smarter without religion.

I decided not to come anymore to their meetings. If they invite me, I'll decline - unless they invite me to make a program for them (don't worry, something harmless). Not sit there as a potato, watching them rehashing a few pieces from the Bible and playing silly group games. I am a little too old for that and frankly, many of them are too.
17-01-2012, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2012 11:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
I've never been anti-theist or anti-theism. Just a pacifist atheist so I voted neither. ... But recently I've started hearing this incantation over and over in my head that I just can't seem to turn off.

"The power of Chas compels you. The power of Chas compels you. The power of Chas compels you. The power of Chas compels you. ..." Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-01-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm an Atheist because I've found the only "evidence" a theist has are the words written in the ancient book of their choice that was written thousands of year ago by superstitious, uneducated, scared people. If they would step back and look at this objectively they should come to the conclusion that at best it's a good story.

If a young girl came on the national news today and said she was impregnated by God she would be sent to the closest mental health professional. But say it 2,000 years ago and everybody says, "Sure make sense".

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
[+] 1 user Likes free2011's post