Poll: Please select one of the following five options.
I am anti-Theism
I am anti-Theists
I am anti-Theism and Theists
I am anti-neither; I am simply an Atheist
I feel this poll unfairly frames the options
[Show Results]

Anti-Theists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2012, 07:16 PM
RE: Anti-Theists
(17-01-2012 04:04 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I'm a theist in the "good" sense; that ain't the problem. Religion is the problem, thus "anti-theism."

[REligions are indeed a major problem, or more succinctly, those who take every word verbatim, and end up in highly undesirable states. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2012, 12:32 AM
This poll fails to provide me with any kind of appropriate option.

I am not anti-church or anti-theist except when I need to be which is sadly all too often.

I am only anti-church and anti-theist when it comes to matters of state or government. I wish it didn't have to be so but when people who beleive in the unprovable wish to invoke rules into law without any kind of credible reason and force us to live by their codes you better believe I don't care if I piss them off when I fight them in full force.

If people would simply stop trying to force religion down my throat I'd be very Happy to simply be an Atheist that doesn't have to really go out and get active.
[+] 1 user Likes Godless's post
18-01-2012, 01:21 AM
shit .. don't even need to be drunk to answer that.... I .. HATE... THEISM

the theists are a bit whack but some are alright.. damnit why is KC standing out in the rain ..... common guys that's messed up!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
18-01-2012, 08:29 AM
(18-01-2012 01:21 AM)ddrew Wrote:  shit .. don't even need to be drunk to answer that.... I .. HATE... THEISM

the theists are a bit whack but some are alright.. damnit why is KC standing out in the rain ..... common guys that's messed up!

I know, right?

Sad

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
18-01-2012, 09:48 AM
(17-01-2012 04:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Okay. Fine. I know when I'm not wanted.

Oh, don't be like that.
Of course we want you.
We want you you think like a thinking person should.
We want you to fully utilize the reasoning skills that we all know you possess to come to your senses about what is real and what is imaginary.
We want you to get up to speed with reality.
Once humanity gets past all of this religious nonsense, we can then stop wasting time and energy and move civilization forward for real.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like TalladegaTom's post
18-01-2012, 09:54 AM
(18-01-2012 08:29 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-01-2012 01:21 AM)ddrew Wrote:  shit .. don't even need to be drunk to answer that.... I .. HATE... THEISM

I know, right?

Sad

I don't hate you, KC. I hate your disgusting, anti-human theology - but more, I pity your ridiculous certainty.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-01-2012, 10:31 AM
(18-01-2012 09:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-01-2012 08:29 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

I know, right?

Sad

I don't hate you, KC. I hate your disgusting, anti-human theology - but more, I pity your ridiculous certainty.

Isn't this parallel to the belief of "hate the sin, not the sinner" fundies spout off towards gay people?

Can you really hate someone's ideologies and beliefs without making it personal? Especially if that person believes it's not a choice?

I'm asking because I really don't know. It's something that just popped into my head a few minutes ago.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
18-01-2012, 10:48 AM
(18-01-2012 10:31 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Isn't this parallel to the belief of "hate the sin, not the sinner" fundies spout off towards gay people?

Can you really hate someone's ideologies and beliefs without making it personal? Especially if that person believes it's not a choice?

I'm asking because I really don't know. It's something that just popped into my head a few minutes ago.

Well for me atleast, Theists that keep to themselves and not try to force their
views/dogma/divine law on others through legislation, violence or malevolant means are fine by me.
those that work so hard to spread ignorance and hinder scientific growth [see ray comfort or the
muslim brotherhood in Egypt] are my Enemies
They might be nice people generally, but in the end they're opting for theocracy
and forcing others to abide by their rules whether they like it or not
that i cannot have that and im actually working on developing an activist group
in egypt, although Atheism is ILLEGAL in Egypt and the violent social hostility
towards non muslims in Egypt is a very real and present threat, so im taking
it ultra slow, i cant even remove the word "muslim" from my ID card and so
cant converts from islam to christianity or any other religion.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 4 users Like Jackrabbit's post
18-01-2012, 10:50 AM
I would go so far as to say that a persons ideologies and beliefs are that person.
It's what makes a person who they are or who the person is, is what makes a persons ideologies and beliefs. So in a nutshell it looks like Chas hates you.
That's unfortunate because I personally think that your beliefs and anti-human theology don't actually effect how you are social. I think you've made great strides to make sure you can still enjoy anyone's company, and you've allowed your theology to give you the headroom to do so.
This tells me that you have made your beliefs, and since you've made them not overtly aggressive or oppressive that makes me ok with them. Even though they are clearly insane and sort of scary Smile Before you ask, yes I think that makes you sort of insane and scary hahah. Luckily for you I think we are all insane and there are two levels of insanity. Functional and dysfunctional. You fall to the functional side so far as I can tell.
But I've never seen your basement, and so far as I know you don't spend a lot of time digging up your back yard.
Though Deb doesn't know about Dexter either.... I love that show.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post
18-01-2012, 11:05 AM
(18-01-2012 10:48 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  .... im actually working on developing an activist group
in egypt, although Atheism is ILLEGAL in Egypt and the violent social hostility
towards non muslims in Egypt is a very real and present threat, so im taking
it ultra slow, i cant even remove the word "muslim" from my ID card and so
cant converts from islam to christianity or any other religion.

You are a pillar of reason in a hostile environment and have my utmost respect.
Be safe and do as much as you can.
[+] 3 users Like TalladegaTom's post