Poll: Please select one of the following five options.
I am anti-Theism
I am anti-Theists
I am anti-Theism and Theists
I am anti-neither; I am simply an Atheist
I feel this poll unfairly frames the options
[Show Results]

Anti-Theists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2012, 11:18 AM
RE: Anti-Theists
(18-01-2012 11:05 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  
(18-01-2012 10:48 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  .... im actually working on developing an activist group
in egypt, although Atheism is ILLEGAL in Egypt and the violent social hostility
towards non muslims in Egypt is a very real and present threat, so im taking
it ultra slow, i cant even remove the word "muslim" from my ID card and so
cant converts from islam to christianity or any other religion.

You are a pillar of reason in a hostile environment and have my utmost respect.
Be safe and do as much as you can.

Well-said and agreed.

And KC- what Lucradis said, it's truf.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
18-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Hey.

I have a serious question.

Quote:Well for me atleast, Theists that keep to themselves and not try to force their
views/dogma/divine law on others through legislation, violence or malevolant means are fine by me.

What is the difference between this and the attitude that white communities had towards blacks in the 50s? Ie, blacks that keep to themselves are fine, just as long as they don't try to move into my neighbourhood, or date my daughters, or bring their ways with them.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
18-01-2012, 11:54 AM
I would say that the two are completely unrelated and would be a massive jump.
Did black people in general wish to change laws based off of an ancient document? Or force kids to learn make believe in schools instead of real science? Or wish to in the more extreme cases, kill homosexuals and adulterers? Or beat their children to death because they didn't want to listen?
It's forcing ones beliefs on others. I think most people are ok with religious people doing whatever they want within the confines of law so long as they aren't attempting to make everyone else do the same.
It's not bigotry so far as I can see. It's a leave your shit to your self.
Though I shouldn't speak for everyone. And I'm sure there are atheists out there who do blindly hate theists simply because they are theists. So hey, that sucks.

I hate organized religion though. I really do. It's a bad thing. It does bad things. But most of the people in it are fine. Isn't that funny?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
18-01-2012, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2012 12:15 PM by Jackrabbit.)
(18-01-2012 11:18 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(18-01-2012 11:05 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  
(18-01-2012 10:48 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  .... im actually working on developing an activist group
in egypt, although Atheism is ILLEGAL in Egypt and the violent social hostility
towards non muslims in Egypt is a very real and present threat, so im taking
it ultra slow, i cant even remove the word "muslim" from my ID card and so
cant converts from islam to christianity or any other religion.

You are a pillar of reason in a hostile environment and have my utmost respect.
Be safe and do as much as you can.

Well-said and agreed.

And KC- what Lucradis said, it's truf.

Thanks guys, Im starting with the blog (theres a post about in in the A&T
forum) and gathering atheists by word of mouth to see how well it goes,
there are a lot of secret atheists that live in fear of coming out or being vocal due to persicution and demonization by the egyptian media (imagine how it would feel like if every single news channel available to you is 100% like fox on the bullshit meter)

(18-01-2012 11:39 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey.

I have a serious question.

Quote:Well for me atleast, Theists that keep to themselves and not try to force their
views/dogma/divine law on others through legislation, violence or malevolant means are fine by me.

What is the difference between this and the attitude that white communities had towards blacks in the 50s? Ie, blacks that keep to themselves are fine, just as long as they don't try to move into my neighbourhood, or date my daughters, or bring their ways with them.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt

Well the slavery community were about suppression of the black people
The muslim brotherhood wants to mandate alcohol prohibition, beach segregation
of men and women, sharia law and penalites, 0 freedom of speech or media
persicution of other faiths and homosexuals, the list goes on and on.

They want to make decisions that affect my life in a negative way
The slave owners were practicing things that affected other human beings negatively, they're saying "we have a right to impose our will on other people".

Im not saying ban religion, im saying if you dont like alcohol don't drink it,
but dont force me to not drink it too based on your desert bronze age
bullshit book.
If your wife agrees to wear a veil fine, just dont mandate that all women
wear veils regardless if they agree or not under penalty of whipping.
If you dont want to have premarital sex then don't, but dont give me a jail sentence or death penalty for doing it.

do you see where im going with this?

like the protestants or jews, Infact even thinking about reformation is Blasphemy because the Quran is "The perfect, unalterable, final and LITERAL word of god"

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 4 users Like Jackrabbit's post
18-01-2012, 04:38 PM
(18-01-2012 01:21 AM)ddrew Wrote:  shit .. don't even need to be drunk to answer that.... I .. HATE... THEISM

the theists are a bit whack but some are alright.. damnit why is KC standing out in the rain ..... common guys that's messed up!

He put Revelation in his siggy. That's all wet. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post