Anti-Vacc Help.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Anti-Vacc Help.
I have a challenge for you guys.

I am talking to an anti-vaccer and I need a bit of help

Here is the conversation so far. Sorry for long post.

Anti-V: "Vaccines are making the population sterile, and changing our dna causing all kinds of complications with the future generations."

Me: "I'd be curious to read the studies you got that from. Links?"

Anti-V: "Only time I've had the flu was when I was vaccinated for it lol. How's that work?"

Me: "There are several reasons why someone might get flu-like symptoms even after they have been vaccinated against the flu.
People may be exposed to an influenza virus shortly before getting vaccinated or during the two-week period that it takes the body to gain protection after getting vaccinated. This exposure may result in a person becoming ill with flu before the vaccine begins to protect them.
People may become ill from other (non-flu) viruses that circulate during the flu season, which can also cause flu-like symptoms (such as rhinovirus).
A person may be exposed to an influenza virus that is not included in the seasonal flu vaccine. There are many different influenza viruses that circulate every year. The flu shot protects against the 3 or 4 viruses (depending on whether the flu shot is a trivalent or quadrivalent vaccine) that research suggests will be most common.
Unfortunately, some people can get infected with an influenza vaccine virus despite getting vaccinated. Protection provided by influenza vaccination can vary widely, based in part on health and age factors of the person getting vaccinated. In general, the flu vaccine works best among young healthy adults and older children. Some older people and people with certain chronic illnesses may develop less immunity after vaccination. However, even among people who tend to respond less well to vaccination, the flu vaccine can still help prevent influenza. Vaccination is particularly important for people at high risk of serious flu-related complications and for close contacts of high-risk people. For more information about the effectiveness of the flu vaccine, see How Well Does the Seasonal Flu Vaccine Work?"

Anti-V: "You should listen to some of the top eugenics like bill Gates and see how you feel about them. Provide the research for yourself, I can post a link that says anything I want."

Me: "I'm not the one making the claim. Burden of proof is on you. But it's cool if you dont want to back it up, thats your prerogative."

Me: "My above paragraph is from the CDC. Ill provide the link. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/flushot.htm"

Anti-V "The cdc lol. Like I said, you can find all kinds of miss information out there."

After a bit I get this.....

Anti-V: http://www.wellsphere.com/lyme-disease-a...ics/820978

Anti-V: "Read that"

Anti-V: http://www.activistpost.com/2012/09/is-c...9.html?m=1

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2013, 11:32 AM
RE: Anti-Vacc Help.
So far all I can tell is the first link sites "Leading Edge Research group" looking them up all I can find is a journal done by what looks like a twelve year old, and the link provide on the first page is broken.

The second one is a blog by a conspiracy nut.

Do you guys have any information that might help me from a reliable site on this subject. Would be very helpful.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
24-11-2013, 11:36 AM
http://www.cco.net/~trufax/welcomeold.html

This is the "leading edge" research groups website. Looks very dodgy to me.

24-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Quote: top eugenics like bill gates
.... Is this a typo, or did they really say that? Unsure Ohmy

Looking at the links now

[Image: dlapuo244d3.png]
24-11-2013, 11:40 AM
So far the research group is very metaphysical....

24-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Ok I got lazy and didn't read the links lol but I have a feeling I see where this is going. She dismisses your link to a legitimate site (the CDC ffs!) and she will provide you with a bunch of bogus links that she thinks are legitimate.

It will come down to you two arguing over which of these are telling the truth I think No

Good luck, you have a stronger stomach than I!

24-11-2013, 12:03 PM
I have had a run in like this and just gave up. These people will not be reasoned with. They went ballistic on the CDC when I brought them up. They refused to look at anything that was really scientific. Like YEC's, Militia Types, 9/11 Truthers and hardcore Tea Party people they have a view and that is all the evidence they need.

If you continue to try and get this person in touch with reality I commend your tenacity. Good luck Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
24-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Heres my response to his wellsphere article.

Okay. The Wellsphere article.....So far the author, is a blogwriter. Her only credentials are an associates degree in hotel management and a B.S. in nutrition. (As stated on her biography: http://www.mcs-international.org/.../mar...itjen.html ) She claims to be the co-founder of an MS group called "The Common Cause Research Centre" which the link does not work on the website. The only website I could find with a common name was Common Cause, which is a political website. Entering her name (Marjorie Teitjen) pulled up no hits. The link provided under the title of the article is a dead link and does not work. So I looked up the "research group" listed as the source of her information: The Leading Edge Research group. It also appears to be a blog that belongs to a man who only goes by Val. Apparently he is no longer updating his blog because he says civilization is ending (as he states on his website, it was ending in 2012 some time) But he said he would be reblogging in the future if civilization was still here, and the internet was continuing to work ( http://www.cco.net/~trufax/welcomeold.html ) So sadly there is no peer reviewed article to back that up on that website either.

[+] 6 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
24-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Omg hobbit girl that was awesome! I lol'd so hard. I'm glad there are people like you that have the patience for this!!

[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
24-11-2013, 12:22 PM
http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...accination

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.