Anti-freedom of speech protests in London

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Anti-freedom of speech protests in London
Today there were hundreds/thousands of muslims out protesting in London against freedom of speech (mainly directed at freedom to insult/criticize Muhammad and Islam). They were taking pictures and climbing all over the largest British war memorial and the men and women were even segregated.

I know that this may only be a small percentage of muslims, but the petition to restrict freedom of speech when it comes to discussing Islam has received around 100 000+ signatures.

What I'm wondering is, why were there no protest/petitions on the subject of ISIS/Boko Haram/Jordanian pilot being burned a fucking live? Especially if, when confronted with the truths that these groups ARE Islamic, the defence is usually that they are tarnishing the name of Islam and making it harder to muslims to live in the Western world? Should that not be their priority? To give a good impression?

I think I'm basically pleading for some hope that Islam has a future in Europe where our governments don't have to alter our culture/laws in order for them to be happy. I don't see that though, all I see is them being hypocrites, lying, playing dumb and then taking advantage of situations to further their own cause, and the left along with our politicians are buying it Sad

http://www.itv.com/news/london/story/201...in-london/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics...toons.html

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like SunnyD1's post
08-02-2015, 01:42 PM
RE: Anti-freedom of speech protests in London
enough with the equality of religion, we need to destroy islam without objection

they can cry and whine all they want, but there damn religion has to go
08-02-2015, 01:45 PM
I've yet to see such special pleading from any political group/religion being worthy serious debate. However, maybe that's the point: reasonable people don't get passionate about absurdities until they actually become a real threat.

France has the right attitude to this. Institutionalised secularism. It's an example all civilised countries should follow.

I'd sign a petition for that.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 2 users Like gofish!'s post
08-02-2015, 01:51 PM
What worries me is not demo's like this, it's the response our politicians have towards it. Always appeasing. Always.

We need to bring back the Charter 88.

08-02-2015, 01:52 PM
I particularly retch at the "LEARN SOME MANNERS" placards.

What they are actually saying is "LEARN SOME MANNERS OR WE WILL KILL YOU".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
08-02-2015, 02:00 PM
(08-02-2015 01:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  I particularly retch at the "LEARN SOME MANNERS" placards.

What they are actually saying is "LEARN SOME MANNERS OR WE WILL KILL YOU".

I think quoting the pope as if he is some moral authority is equally as ridiculous.

The same group that tirelessly cites the crusades in order to victimize themselves.

08-02-2015, 02:02 PM
Why is it that the protesters I disagree with never get the police brutality treatment that the protesters I agree with get.

Anyway, similar scenes occured all across Europe this summer and then they were screaching "death to the jews". It simply shows that the core values of muslims are incompatible with the priniples of a modern nation governed by representation under the prinicples of equality. It is islam that has to bow before the prinicples of democracy and not the other way arround as some braindead twats proclaim.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 5 users Like The Germans are coming's post
08-02-2015, 02:14 PM
So they're exercising their freedom of speech to protest freedom of speech?
I find that mildly amusing.
[+] 15 users Like pablo's post
08-02-2015, 02:14 PM
(08-02-2015 02:02 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Why is it that the protesters I disagree with never get the police brutality treatment that the protesters I agree with get.

Anyway, similar scenes occured all across Europe this summer and then they were screaching "death to the jews". It simply shows that the core values of muslims are incompatible with the priniples of a modern nation governed by representation under the prinicples of equality. It is islam that has to bow before the prinicples of democracy and not the other way arround as some braindead twats proclaim.

Exactly.

David Cameron said something along the lines of "It's not them who have to adapt to our society, it's us who have to adapt to their values and norms". Our head of military has recently said that the aim of the British army right now is to recruit more Muslims and to have more of them in Officer roles. It's like this country is interested in showboating as the most multicultural country in the world, rather than thinking practically.

For example, in my high school, before an important visitor came to view the facilities the head would make sure that the students to accompany the visitors were a mixture of every ethnicity, gender AND even sexuality. I absolutely support diversity but these efforts seem to be more about appealing to ego rather than anything else. Doesn't matter about the behaviour of these students or the capability of them, what matters is that we appear diverse and tolerant. It's too idealistic.

I don't want to be this angry all of the time, I WANT to have some hope. I want to believe Islam can coexist. I can't see it.

[+] 1 user Likes SunnyD1's post
08-02-2015, 02:20 PM
My gut reaction is to deny/revoke citizenship and deport any immigrants who participate in those protests.

There is no valid reason for them to stay in a country whose core values they so clearly disagree with and want to fundamentally change.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post