Anti-freedom of speech protests in London

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2015, 07:10 PM
RE: Anti-freedom of speech protests in London
(14-02-2015 01:45 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 10:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  ... I think it is reasonable to consider deporting {a person} who wants to fundamentally change the society by limiting people's rights.

Your concept would have ALL of us deported, probably to Mars, since deportation to some country would not change that fundamentally human frame of mind that can't stand "others" doing it "wrong". The sheer fact that your actual quote was directed at "immigrants" (i.e. "others") proves the point.

How about commenting on what I actually said instead of your straw man. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2015, 05:12 AM
Wow my last 2 posts in this thread make no sense to me whatsoever. I was so drunk. Ignore them please lol

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
15-02-2015, 10:54 AM
(13-02-2015 05:23 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(13-02-2015 05:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  Harp on? Politics is inseparable from the theology. That is not true of all religions.

It's not true of all Muslims. Trivially so at that. It is true of the many flavours of, e.g., Dominionist Christians, or hardline Hindutvas.

As such it's almost as if we need to account for more than the specifics of a given religion to understand such cross-denominational human behaviour...

Hindutva is a secular ideology. I was founded by an athiest and the term is meant to separate the ideology from religion.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user