Anti-freedom of speech protests in London

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2015, 05:37 PM
RE: Anti-freedom of speech protests in London
(08-02-2015 01:40 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Today there were hundreds/thousands of muslims out protesting in London against freedom of speech (mainly directed at freedom to insult/criticize Muhammad and Islam). They were taking pictures and climbing all over the largest British war memorial and the men and women were even segregated.

I know that this may only be a small percentage of muslims, but the petition to restrict freedom of speech when it comes to discussing Islam has received around 100 000+ signatures.

What I'm wondering is, why were there no protest/petitions on the subject of ISIS/Boko Haram/Jordanian pilot being burned a fucking live? Especially if, when confronted with the truths that these groups ARE Islamic, the defence is usually that they are tarnishing the name of Islam and making it harder to muslims to live in the Western world? Should that not be their priority? To give a good impression?

I think I'm basically pleading for some hope that Islam has a future in Europe where our governments don't have to alter our culture/laws in order for them to be happy. I don't see that though, all I see is them being hypocrites, lying, playing dumb and then taking advantage of situations to further their own cause, and the left along with our politicians are buying it Sad

http://www.itv.com/news/london/story/201...in-london/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics...toons.html

they are fighting for their right to force their religious beliefs on others, subjugate their women, marry 9yo girls, stone a woman accused of adultery, and honor kill a girl "dumb" enough to allow herself to be raped...makes total sense.

Only one cure, but the world can't stomach it.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
11-02-2015, 12:48 AM
(10-02-2015 09:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 08:43 AM)morondog Wrote:  The bit where having an issue with the way things are done means you get kicked out... I thought free speech was an ideal? Maybe not here in the forum, but out there in the big bad world? The guys who protested did so peacefully. If they wanted to protest the law of gravity it's still OK as free speech, despite that that's a fundamental disagreement if ever there was one.

The bit where they disagree with fundamental freedoms is the point. My opinion is that they should never have been allowed to immigrate and they should be deported.

So... free speech up to a point then? Toe the line or be deported? Yeah, maybe I wouldn't immigrate to such a country. You guys keep it. What about second generation *citizens* who disagree with fundamental freedoms? Bounce them out too? Jail them?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-02-2015, 02:21 AM
(10-02-2015 05:19 PM)bemore Wrote:  Lets say your an atheist. You might not see much importance in this label, it may not effect yoir life in anyway day to day, but if asked if you believe in god your answer would be "no".

Now lets presume that in some other country atheists are killing others in the most horrific way and justifying religion as the caus. That they want people to live their lifes without some invisible sky daddy laying down the rules.

As an atheist you would probably agree that you dont want to live by religious rules as its all bullshit, however you do not agree with the methods they use of killing others in a horrific fashion.

The world wages war against these atheists. Populations start to mock your lack of belief and violent incidents against atheists rise. You see there is to be a day where people are invited to openly send in art to mock atheism.

So for your own sake you go to the biggest gang you know of "the government" and you seek their protection. Many atheists get together and lobby the government, as is their right, for protection.

I don't understand this at all, sorry.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
11-02-2015, 03:01 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 03:08 AM by bemore.)
(11-02-2015 02:21 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  I don't understand this at all, sorry.

Your an atheist (im guessing), if other atheists in another country started killing religious groups with the aim of banishing religion from the planet, im sure you would agree that religion probably needs to go, however you probably would not agree with their methods of killing innocent people.

Im attempting to produce empathy in people.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
11-02-2015, 03:36 AM
(11-02-2015 03:01 AM)bemore Wrote:  Im attempting to produce empathy in people.

Wear a condom at least...

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-02-2015, 03:56 AM
(11-02-2015 03:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 03:01 AM)bemore Wrote:  Im attempting to produce empathy in people.

Wear a condom at least...

It doesnt feel the same Weeping

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
11-02-2015, 07:28 AM
(11-02-2015 03:01 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 02:21 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  I don't understand this at all, sorry.

Your an atheist (im guessing), if other atheists in another country started killing religious groups with the aim of banishing religion from the planet, im sure you would agree that religion probably needs to go, however you probably would not agree with their methods of killing innocent people.

Im attempting to produce empathy in people.

Of course! The difference is that my atheism has no dogma resulting in irrational hatred and dislike.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
11-02-2015, 07:36 AM
(11-02-2015 12:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 09:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  The bit where they disagree with fundamental freedoms is the point. My opinion is that they should never have been allowed to immigrate and they should be deported.

So... free speech up to a point then? Toe the line or be deported? Yeah, maybe I wouldn't immigrate to such a country. You guys keep it. What about second generation *citizens* who disagree with fundamental freedoms? Bounce them out too? Jail them?

You seem to be objecting to things that Chas didn't say. He said immigrants, not children of immigrants.
11-02-2015, 08:56 AM
(11-02-2015 07:36 AM)Rik Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 12:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  So... free speech up to a point then? Toe the line or be deported? Yeah, maybe I wouldn't immigrate to such a country. You guys keep it. What about second generation *citizens* who disagree with fundamental freedoms? Bounce them out too? Jail them?

You seem to be objecting to things that Chas didn't say. He said immigrants, not children of immigrants.

I'm making the point that if disagreeing with "fundamental freedoms" is a crime that results in deportation then surely it should be a crime at home too? Y'know, like a thought-crime. Or... if the protesting crowd was made out of 100% true blue Brit cits, then it's OK but somehow not if they're immigrants?

11-02-2015, 09:10 AM
(11-02-2015 08:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 07:36 AM)Rik Wrote:  You seem to be objecting to things that Chas didn't say. He said immigrants, not children of immigrants.

I'm making the point that if disagreeing with "fundamental freedoms" is a crime that results in deportation then surely it should be a crime at home too? Y'know, like a thought-crime. Or... if the protesting crowd was made out of 100% true blue Brit cits, then it's OK but somehow not if they're immigrants?

His point seems clear to me. He said "immigrants", "public protest", and "disagreement with fundamental values'. Seems like his point is "Why are they here?"

So your posts make it appear that you missed his point.
[+] 1 user Likes Rik's post