Anti-gay Pulse family members demand victim fund money

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2016, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2016 01:45 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Anti-gay Pulse family members demand victim fund money
Pulse murder victims' families, who hated them for being gay, demand money from Orlando fund

Quote:Family members of Pulse murder victims, who may have hated them for being gay, are now trying to get their hands on the cash available from charity funds.

Each of the families of the 49 victims killed in the massacre at the gay nightclub will get $350,000 (€312,000) from OneOrlando fund, but it will be privately up to the family who gets what.

Alex Martins, chair of the OneOrlando board, said about half of the families of the 49 victims are fighting with other family members and partners over claims to the money.

If these disputes are not resolved, they head to probate court.

‘We do have a number of disputes amongst families of the dead,’ Martins told Orlando Weekly.

‘It’s parents in dispute with a partner, who perhaps they didn’t know, or estranged parents, claiming one of them should receive the funds.’

The partner of one of the victims, who wishes to remain anonymous, told GSN his boyfriend was kicked out from his home as a teenager.

And now, he claims, the family have realised they can make money from their son’s death.

We have not been able to speak to the family members in question to confirm this.

The OneOrlando Fund received $29.5 million (€26.3 million), which will be divided between families and survivors of the mass shooting.

The families of the deceased victims are receiving a larger share of the funds, totaling about $17.2 million (€15.3 million). The 37 survivors who were hospitalized will receive anywhere from $65,000 to $300,000 (€58,000 to €270,000) depending on how long they were in hospital.

31 people who received outpatient treatment for their injuries will get $35,000 (€31,000) each. An additional 182 patrons of Pulse who were there when the shooting began but not injured will receive $25,000 (€22,000) each.

Martins has also said 44 claims were rejected because either they were duplicate claims from family members or because it appeared they had lied about being at Pulse or being hospitalized after the shooting.

Facepalm If that one partner is right about this, then those parents are horrible.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2016, 05:42 PM
RE: Anti-gay Pulse family members demand victim fund money
I dunno it's a difficult situation. A lot of people aren't openly gay (myself included) so, of course, they're not gonna introduce their partner to their parents.
Also, not all parents are accepting so again their partners may never have been known to their parents. And so you have to look at it from the parents' side. Some stranger has just come up to them and told them "hey, I dating your son/daughter give me some of that money". You'd be hesitant too.
Find all posts by this user
03-10-2016, 07:07 AM
From a distance (news-wise) I'm not sure I understand the rationale of the government handing out $29.5 million to the victim's families. Is this normal in the US for the families of criminal attack victims? And what's its prime purpose?

As a matter of interest, were the Boston bombing victims' families compensated financially?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
03-10-2016, 07:09 AM
(03-10-2016 07:07 AM)SYZ Wrote:  As a matter of interest, were the Boston bombing victims' families compensated financially?

Yes, there was a victims' fund.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-10-2016, 07:17 AM
I also do not understand why they are recieving this money?

Is this a normal occurence in america and if not, what makes this different?

I hope the probate courts settle it sufficiently, people turn into cunt's when money is inolved.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
04-10-2016, 03:49 PM
I guess the money is because it's a "terrorist" attack and it's the governments' job to stop terrorism so when a terrorist attack does occur it's "technically the governments' fault for not preventing it"?
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-10-2016, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2016 08:50 PM by epronovost.)
(03-10-2016 07:17 AM)bemore Wrote:  I also do not understand why they are recieving this money?

Is this a normal occurence in america and if not, what makes this different?

I hope the probate courts settle it sufficiently, people turn into cunt's when money is inolved.

Its a relatively common occurence for charity drives to be created to help family following natural disasters, crimes or accidents (especially if they are highly covered by the media). The most common of those charity drives is to give money to the victims (or their family if they died or some other gifts like rebuilding their house). When those events attract national attention and/or political outrage, its frequent for the governement to participate. Since most governement help finance many charitable organisation, this shoudn't come has a surprise. they find You can even create a charity drive for an animal healthcare bill and there was a rather famous one to pay a big vacation to a school bus driver who had to drive around terrible little piece of shit around.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post