Anti-suicide

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2012, 04:28 PM
RE: Anti-suicide
(24-01-2012 04:14 PM)Luminon Wrote:  HoC: Suicide is a choice that we should have the right to make. If it's a wise choice, that's a different question. But if you're thinking about suicide and peace of death, think about reincarnation first. Think about shitting your diapers, having to learn basic hygienic skills again and going through elementary and high school and puberty. You work, you pay taxes again. And then, at some point in your lifetime, your Higher Self will put you in front of the same problem you faced in previous incarnation, only in more desperate situation, so that you're more motivated to solve it, instead of escapism.

HoC - don't bet on reincarnation. No evidence.

Just be sure you've done all you can before throwing in the towel; no do-overs, buddy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-01-2012, 05:45 PM
(24-01-2012 04:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-01-2012 04:14 PM)Luminon Wrote:  HoC: Suicide is a choice that we should have the right to make. If it's a wise choice, that's a different question. But if you're thinking about suicide and peace of death, think about reincarnation first. Think about shitting your diapers, having to learn basic hygienic skills again and going through elementary and high school and puberty. You work, you pay taxes again. And then, at some point in your lifetime, your Higher Self will put you in front of the same problem you faced in previous incarnation, only in more desperate situation, so that you're more motivated to solve it, instead of escapism.

HoC - don't bet on reincarnation. No evidence.

Just be sure you've done all you can before throwing in the towel; no do-overs, buddy.

Thanks, bro. Wink

Luminon; it ain't higher self and previous incarnation, it is sinusoidal progression. Cool

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
25-01-2012, 07:15 AM
There is no prove for that claim just like for all other after death theories (heaven, nirvana, being born in another caste,...) there is none. Should someone who wants to commit suicide first think about all of those possibilities and during that time suffer even longer?

I pointed out that I think suicide is a natural thing and that I think it's everyone's own decision. And if a person want to kill him/her-self why waste lots of time with philosophical theories that are totally not interesting at the point any more. Either you do it or you don't.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
25-01-2012, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2012 07:57 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-01-2012 04:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  Just be sure you've done all you can before throwing in the towel; no do-overs, buddy.

No mulligans. This is it and every shot counts.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
29-01-2012, 03:10 PM
in my last 6 years i lived so much pain and i admit that i thought killing myself nearly everyday but i never try anything to commit a suicide because i don't believe afterlife. although i am a doctor, i never use medication for suicidal thoughts. i only tell myself that 'what doesn't kill me makes me stronger'. its so hard to live when you are in pain, sometimes you give up everything. but if you know there is no afterlife, you automatically stick to this one. Now i like living my life very much. All the pain i lived is a history for me, but i am stronger in every sense. i faced my death

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
[+] 2 users Like drsyco23's post
29-01-2012, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2012 03:19 PM by houseofcantor.)
(20-01-2012 03:17 AM)Filox Wrote:  Yeah, if no one would miss you, we would. Look, you seem to be a "strange" one, but that is what makes you quite unique, just like this guy. Enjoy.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5758037

A strange perspective on life, death and everything else...

Tell you what I'm gonna miss; this dang Cox that downloads a gig and a half in fifteen minutes... Angel
(29-01-2012 03:10 PM)drsyco23 Wrote:  in my last 6 years i lived so much pain and i admit that i thought killing myself nearly everyday but i never try anything to commit a suicide because i don't believe afterlife. although i am a doctor, i never use medication for suicidal thoughts. i only tell myself that 'what doesn't kill me makes me stronger'. its so hard to live when you are in pain, sometimes you give up everything. but if you know there is no afterlife, you automatically stick to this one. Now i like living my life very much. All the pain i lived is a history for me, but i am stronger in every sense. i faced my death

Mine is an emotional pain - absurd as it may seem, I simply love Gwyneth Paltrow so much it hurts; and to never have the girl is one foot in front of the other.

31-01-2012, 06:38 PM
(29-01-2012 03:17 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Mine is an emotional pain - absurd as it may seem, I simply love Gwyneth Paltrow so much it hurts; and to never have the girl is one foot in front of the other.

my friend, this is the only life we have and we don't have much time. imagine that you know that you are going to die 5 minutes later, what would you feel sorry about your life? if it is about love than go for it. it is only that simple. there is no need to be shy or feel ashamed and there is no time for that, too. and as you know, there are so many women on earth, you might be unlucky so far but this can change anytime and it is partly up to you.

[+] 1 user Likes drsyco23's post
31-01-2012, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2012 09:21 PM by houseofcantor.)
I write the way I do, sound the way I do; partly because I hide nothing and share everything. like how on August 29th of 2008 the LC (aka the creator of the universe) made me 97% by destroying the jobsite with Hurricane Gwynnie...

...well, sustained winds of over a hundred miles per hour qualify as unnamed hurricane; even better, the jobsite at the time was the local corporate headquarters of AIG. That Friday morning, it was like a sign from god; all the neighboring structures take some superficial damage (except for that place that lost its roof - to the middle of Central Ave) but 2800 North Central was singled out like an evil eye. The trees that were part of the landscaping were smashed to kindling, a green garland around this one building. Everywhere else blown clean of vegetation. That was the day (three years later) I found out that the point of the prophet is morality. That was the day I bought my first Bible. That was the day I claimed responsibility for the storm, the curious, entirely local blackout that followed; and I did it while it was happening.

Which of course is entirely meaningless. The meaning that i cannot - as in not able - remove from my context is being ninety-seven percentile. Better off than 97% of the population all day everyday; 97% likely to be found seated next to the dusty old fuck in heaven - worth mentioning 'cause that's how i express myself to the religious - and with context filed and forgotten...

Because of Gwyneth Paltrow. Right now, the numbers and the context give me an absurd degree of moral certainty that I am Lucifer (the Luciferian identity) with the potential to become far more Name in the world than Gwyneth Paltrow - which is as it should be. tao.

Because I love Gwyneth Paltrow, I have already elevated my social status - to the heavens - the last bit of research calls for at least one rational conclusion - being Lucifer is having the charisma of a Sulla. Ever play D&D? Remember how nobody would spend status points on Charisma? (I did it once cause I was playing a babe - on the other side, as a DM, it is context intensive to game charisma - in other words, far too much work. But Lucy will tell you - yeah, charisma - that's the real world stat, to get to where it's at.)

And yeah, remove the witchcraft; finding myself in possession of such Satanic charisma, is finding the rational mind weighing odds and probabilities and I might hafta kill this witch. I'm a moral paragon, nowadays. Big Grin

Which is to say thank you. I appreciate compassion, I understand what you are saying; but alas, what Gwyneth Paltrow made crooked, no mortal can straighten. Wink

01-02-2012, 03:03 PM
@ HoC: uhm o.O didn't you mention somewhere, no clue where, that you don't believe since how long... 2 month or 3 month something like that... and now you talk like you still do? Please clarify? And yeah... Satan is an anagram for Santa Tongue

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
01-02-2012, 03:32 PM
i simply understood you wrong. you are as i understand now on your philosophical way to mean your life and your being. thank you for sharing your thoughts honestly. i am not here to judge you or aim your way

people use so many ways to give meaning to lucifer. for me he is a charismatic rebellious figure wars with insensitivity of religion (meaning religious narrow people) for human emotions. he can be symbolized as the hyperbole of emotions. i am a moral person and i don't believe separating people for unchangeable things (like sex, color, nation..) or religion. religion itself separates people and maybe lucifer as i described before can fight for that.
by the way i am not a zoroastrianist (as the root of the monotheism), i mean i don't think there is good or bad people like black and white, there is only tones of grey. i was metaphorly speaking when i was talking about lucifer. there is no real war between god and lucifer. there is only war between people for the name of god or lucifer. and i don't believe any punishment for sins.

don't mind that mambo combo i wrote. i only want to share my thoughts with you. i never criticise and i don't believe i have any right to do.