Anti-thiest dating a Muslim woman - Is it a good idea?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2015, 02:15 PM
RE: Anti-thiest dating a Muslim woman - Is it a good idea?
I agree with the consensus above. But if you're not sure, the best way to decide might be to go visit and see if she seems to be a different person in her home country than she was at school.
I wouldn't marry someone who required me to convert, as IMO that shows a lack of respect for me as a person.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
21-12-2015, 05:16 PM
Thank you all for your responses, you have made some very good points. I think it is best that we break up however I really don't want too. Somehow I like to think that it will work but I think that it is probably just wishful thinking. You have given me a lot to consider and I think you are correct, it is just difficult to accept right now.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
[+] 2 users Like TheLogicalAthiest's post
21-12-2015, 05:23 PM
(21-12-2015 05:16 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  Thank you all for your responses, you have made some very good points. I think it is best that we break up however I really don't want too. Somehow I like to think that it will work but I think that it is probably just wishful thinking. You have given me a lot to consider and I think you are correct, it is just difficult to accept right now.

This atheist been married to a good Catholic girl going on 30 years. To us differences in metaphysics are like differences in savory vs. sweet preferences. It's a non-issue. Hell I would've even converted to Catholicism with a wink and a nod if that's what the Bishop required. Bishop was too sharp for that.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-12-2015, 05:27 PM
(21-12-2015 05:16 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  Thank you all for your responses, you have made some very good points. I think it is best that we break up however I really don't want too. Somehow I like to think that it will work but I think that it is probably just wishful thinking. You have given me a lot to consider and I think you are correct, it is just difficult to accept right now.

(21-12-2015 02:15 PM)julep Wrote:  I agree with the consensus above. But if you're not sure, the best way to decide might be to go visit and see if she seems to be a different person in her home country than she was at school.
I wouldn't marry someone who required me to convert, as IMO that shows a lack of respect for me as a person.

This from "julep" is an excellent idea. If you feel you really love her and sincerely don't want to break up, go for a short visit. Sometimes our mind has a fantasy of its own making when we are suffering from wishful thinking. It would give you a better idea of what she's like in her own environment. It would also give you an insight into her family dynamics and what that will mean to you both as a couple and as a couple with children.

I wish you well. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
21-12-2015, 05:47 PM
Ya have to wonder.....

To a "devout" woman -- does a guy with no religious affiliation look like "a fixer-upper"?????

I kinda suspect so....

I've dated a few women who thought they could "fix" me........

Heh...

Like that's gonna happen....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
21-12-2015, 05:51 PM

You'll get over it. Time wounds all heels.

Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
21-12-2015, 06:35 PM
(21-12-2015 02:15 PM)julep Wrote:  I wouldn't marry someone who required me to convert, as IMO that shows a lack of respect for me as a person.

The Bishop realized that would be me showing a lack of respect for his religion. These priests ain't stupid.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-12-2015, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2015 01:58 PM by izel.)
This is a threshold in life that should be nothing short of beautiful. The marriage of Muslim men to non-Muslim believers is clearly outlined in the Quran but no such thing exists for Muslim women. The only framework for an Islamic marriage (note I said Islam, not Muslim) is that individuals need to be of sound mind, of age, and the woman needs to consent to the marriage. Sadly, for many Muslim women, the decision to marry a non-Muslim man causes internal family conflict, trauma, deep sadness, and even pariah status.

If you love this girl, and sound like you do, I think the only thing you need to be worried about is losing your own identity. Muslim culture is very strict and very cohesive. The community is strong and you and your family can easily be the outcasts.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
24-12-2015, 10:13 PM
(20-12-2015 05:43 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  .....and told me about how I might have to convert to Islam to appease her parents if we were to marry each other in the future....

That's about the point where it's pointless to be in that relationship.
"You have to pretend to believe a thing you know to be false to appease two people, not even in the damn relationship, because the approval of my parents is more important to me then the man I want to spend my entire life with. I love you...... but you need to change almost everything about yourself to make my mom and dad happy."
Tell her she has to convert to Christianity to appease your parents. See how well that goes and how fast the double standard comes rushing outta the gate.

More importantly if y'all get married you will have kids which begs the important question of are you OK with watching your children, whom you love, be indoctrinated into Islam right in front of you?

3.5+ Billion ladies in the world, ain't no need to settle for any stone age bullshit.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
24-12-2015, 10:16 PM
SUPER IMPORTANT: If you are thinking of going for a visit what country is it? Cause some have very strong apostasy laws and will strait up gank you if you ain't careful.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post