Anti-thiest dating a Muslim woman - Is it a good idea?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2016, 09:13 PM
RE: Anti-thiest dating a Muslim woman - Is it a good idea?
(24-12-2015 10:16 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  SUPER IMPORTANT: If you are thinking of going for a visit what country is it? Cause some have very strong apostasy laws and will strait up gank you if you ain't careful.

Sorry it has been a while, I am still in the relationship but I came back to this thread now because I have been thinking about this again. The country she is in is Malaysia which is strict against atheists. I know this may sound a bit crazy, but should I be concerned of being detained when I am there as I post alot of anti-religion and anti-Islam things online, watch a lot of atheist YouTube channels and I have also made my own athiest YouTube videos. Will they know that about me? I do not know how much data govt's have on people, I do not want to be jailed in Malaysia at all.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2016, 09:22 PM
(09-03-2016 09:13 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  
(24-12-2015 10:16 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  SUPER IMPORTANT: If you are thinking of going for a visit what country is it? Cause some have very strong apostasy laws and will strait up gank you if you ain't careful.

Sorry it has been a while, I am still in the relationship but I came back to this thread now because I have been thinking about this again. The country she is in is Malaysia which is strict against atheists. I know this may sound a bit crazy, but should I be concerned of being detained when I am there as I post alot of anti-religion and anti-Islam things online, watch a lot of atheist YouTube channels and I have also made my own athiest YouTube videos. Will they know that about me? I do not know how much data govt's have on people, I do not want to be jailed in Malaysia at all.

Don't go. Give her up.
09-03-2016, 09:26 PM
I am starting to think I should end the relationship but I have held on trying to be positive. I do not know what to expect and I guess that allows me to think idealistically. Our relationship is secret and I do not know what my parents would say and what her parents would say if they knew about us. I do love her and I want to be with her but I do not like Islam and I do not want to become Muslim unless it literally involves just lip service and nothing more. I think it is crazy how we are facing real world consequences for imaginary reasons, it is incredible and it really does annoy me. I think it is outrageous and hard for me to comprehend.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
[+] 1 user Likes TheLogicalAthiest's post
09-03-2016, 11:42 PM
This does not sound like a good situation for you to be in all around. It just does not seem like a feasible situation for either of you to be in. I think you need to do some serious soul (for lack of a better word) searching. I know you love her, but you are compromising a lot to be together. Not too mention putting yourselves in potential danger.
09-03-2016, 11:54 PM
The more emotion you invest in this relationship, the deeper the wound will be when you two part.

And by all means, as an atheist, avoid devoutly Muslim countries. You're courting trouble.
10-03-2016, 03:52 PM
Life is a rickety roller coaster. It can be thrilling, but there is always chances of injury.

Long distance relationships are hard. I "dated" a girl that lived in another state. We'd talk every night for 6 months. But that was the extent of it. We were there for each other emotionally. But part of a good relationship is spending time with that person. Going to the movies or the coffee shop. 6 months I felt like I knew everything about her. Except what she looked like. Or the touch of her hand. It broke my heart when I broke up with her. But it wasn't going to go any where. I relized that after some time.

My wife is Christian. And our worst arguments usally envolve religion. She's had to make more adjustments then I have. But we love each other. And that trumps anything else.

I don't know what would be required of you to convert to Islam. But if all you would have to do is a little serimoni then over with it maybe its worth it. It dosn't mean anything. Your ideas will remain intact. You'll have to balance the cost of your values, with the cost of her time.

Your still young.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
26-03-2016, 03:52 AM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2016 04:01 AM by Krypttonigt.)
Tongue RE: Anti-thiest dating a Muslim woman - Is it a good idea?
As someone who actually dated a Muslim woman (also Malaysian, coincidentally) for several years I can pretty confidently tell you that unfortunately they don't stay casual about it forever.

Sooner or later guilt, age, sneaking around in secret and social/family pressure catches up to them and they just realise that being involved with a non-believer is a big no-no and that WILL negatively affect your relationship in unpleasant ways. In Islam, in all it's sexist glory Evil_monster, it's A-okay for a man to be involved with a non-Muslim woman because he can use his natural AWESOME MANLINESS Thumbsup to convert her...but this does not apply the other way around. Muslim women are discouraged (even forbidden in some societies) from having relationships with non-Muslim men for fear of them being stolen away from the religion. The women are aware of this rule and, like I said, sooner or later this is going to catch up with you guys and wreck things rather spectacularly. Trust me, I KNOW Dodgy
And, as you discovered for yourself, speaking about logic and reason with her does absolutely nothing except convince her that you're 'wrong'.

My honest advice: treasure the memories of your time together and save yourself a lot of future heartache by just moving on with your life.

**No gods, only humanity. There's only ever been us.**
[+] 1 user Likes Krypttonigt's post