Anti trump march June 3rd.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2017, 08:19 PM
RE: Anti trump march June 3rd.
(03-06-2017 07:50 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  When I read about the "covfefe" tweet it reminded me of Pierre Trudeau's invention of the term "Fuddle Duddle"
So, I did some googling.

This is an Arabic joke. When you type covfefe in Google Translate, it recognizes it as Arabic and translates it as "sawf faqaf", which means "I stand up".

So, he's "pranking". This is the sort of joke people in the Middle East like to play on Westerners. They teach you to pronounce a word and there you are standing there like a fool, in public saying something stupid or swearing, and everyone laughs at you.

Trump's little prank was probably shown to him by some aide on the trip who got talking to a Saudi who told him about covfefe.

Now, every school kid is going around spouting an encrypted "fuck off". Trump has played the media who have fallen into the trap of thinking it's "false news" and "Gee, won't they be embarrassed when they find out, he he he". But he's the fool because he doesn't realize this is just embarrassing, as Sean Spicer found out. How do you prevent a leak on this one and explain that he left this vulgar joke on line for 6 hours?

When Trudeau swore back in 1971, it was a sign that he had lost his temper, and he was a brilliant politician and intellectual. It pretty much finished him off as a force in politics because he was ridiculed over it. The word entered the popular lexicon. Products were marketed using it. A wine was named after it, "Fuddle Duck".

So, Trump is saying "Despite the negative press, I stand up (so fuck off)" and rather than it being a sign he has lost his marbles, Trump thinks this shows great intellect. But it shows lack of judgement, and is tasteless. What now? This is a watershed moment. It's the day Trump lost it and told America to fuck off.

I personally think it was just FFS, and the "V" got in there along with the "Fs" and the "Es" getting transposed. Should have typed coffee, but fumbled. Mind you, I think that Bannon should have tucked him in and put his phone in a safe until morning. I still think that the Chump is nuts, but comporting his typo as having meaning in any other language is just another religious interpretation. My interpretation might even be taken that way, when one gets right down to it. As far as telling the US to "fuck off", the very fact that he got elected is telling us that, from the people who will be, hopefully, crawling back under their rocks, come mid-terms.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2017, 08:44 PM
No, it's all over the internet now. It's a double entendre. Just go to google translate and type it in. It immediately detects Arabic and you get Sawf faqaf. Meaning "I stand up". I live out here. I had this happen. They give you a word to use and they hope you use it and make a fool of yourself. It's like asking someone "so, you for coffee?".

The funny part is that leaving people thinking it is a typo is just as bad. Joe Scarborough said it was like someone who had "pooped their pants" and then said it was deliberate, a statement, then sat in it, hung it on the wall and called it modern art.

Trump's now in a stupid situation that he looks like a fool who can't type. The joke was too obscure and if he explains it, the humour is lost, and he looks vulgar.
03-06-2017, 08:49 PM
/pol/ - "Covfefe" translates to "I will stand up" in Arabi ...
boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/127943315/covfefe-translates-to-i-will-stand-up-in-arabic
3 days ago - sawf faqaf sounds nothing like covfefe. sage ..... INTO AN S TO MAKE SAWF WHICH MEANS I WILL BUT THE SECOND WORD DIDNT MAKE ...
COVFEFE DEBUNKED - Politically Incorrect - 4chan 1 Jun 2017
now keep in mind that the shills are out in full f ... 1 Jun 2017
More results from boards.4chan.org
Cov fe'fe means "I'll stand up" translated from Arabic! The President ...
https://www.reddit.com/r/The.../cov_fefe...ated_from/
3 days ago - I heard on the radio that people are already getting covfefe tattoos! .... sawf 'aqaf means "I will stand up" not cov fe'fe. ... It will say sawf faqaf.
COVFEFE IS A MESSAGE IN ARABIC! : The_Donald - Reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comm...in_arabic/
3 days ago - It does have a meaning, and we don't know if the spelling was ...... The pronunciation listed on Google Translate is "sawf faqaf" that's not even ...
Right-Wing Websites Claim To Have Solved The 'Covfefe' Definition ...
https://thedailybanter.com/2017/.../righ...efe-twe...
2 days ago - Conventional wisdom has determined that Trump's "covfefe" tweet was a ... characters that are transcribed in Roman letters as "sawf faqaf.
The True Meaning of 'Covfefe' Might Surprise You - YouTube
Video for covfefe meaning sawf faqaf 16:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxDzKmMM3ZI
2 days ago - Uploaded by SonofNewo
Internet sleuths have uncovered the true meaning of 'covfefe', or should I ... In Arabic the words can be ...
“Covfefe” Mystery Is Finally Solved and Look What It Means - YouTube
Video for covfefe meaning sawf faqaf 1:14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs3YTr91AU0
2 days ago - Uploaded by 24h News
“Covfefe” Mystery Is Finally Solved and Look What It Means Learn more ... Learning Truth covfefe is not a word ...
Richard White (@rcraigwhite) | Twitter
https://twitter.com/rcraigwhite?lang=en
Why Trump Supporters Think #covfefe is a Secret Message to Terrorists .... Pretty interesting post from @rcraigwhite on how well-meaning attempts at transliteration ... the ' came from) is translated as سوف فقف (pronounced sawf faqaf in MSA).
نبيل (@Ternz) | Twitter
https://twitter.com/ternz?lang=en
"covfefe" in Arabic is "سوف فقف", which is pronounced as sawf faqaf which ... The #covfefe plot thickens: according to Google Translate, “Cov fe'fe” means سوف ...
Doom for America - Letter I'm mailing out - LunaticOutPost
lunaticoutpost.com/post-14355795.html
2 days ago - 15 posts - ‎7 authors
... and religion"file. COVFEFE, CHOP off Trumps Head, that's "A" ok in liberal land. ... "Liberty means responsibility, which is why most men dread it." George Bernard .... That something is "sawf faqaf". which translates correctly.
PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why - Page 278 - NeoGAF
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=238828857
3 days ago - 22 posts - ‎14 authors
... not what I get at all. sawf faqaf is what translates into I will stand up and that is no where near covfefe no matter how many apostrophes you add. .... That means investment. That means defense relationships and alliances.
03-06-2017, 09:01 PM
The man just fell asleep tweeting.

Unfortunately there has been little to no coverage of the marches because of the London attack. Fucking terrorists.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
03-06-2017, 10:53 PM
(03-06-2017 09:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  The man just fell asleep tweeting.

Unfortunately there has been little to no coverage of the marches because of the London attack. Fucking terrorists.

Yes

Falling asleep in my Differential Equations class, had I been using a typing device instead of paper for note taking, would have at least resulted in real letters (in some randomish sequence), instead of a squiggle that tapered off into nothing. I got a "B". Never take a Differential Equations course right after lunch. No
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
04-06-2017, 12:59 AM
Teacher: Does anyone know what covfefe means?
Class: Sawf faqaf

Later, in staff room

Principle: Miss Smith, I have some concern about what sounded like a lot of swearing coming from your classroom.
04-06-2017, 01:11 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2017 01:15 AM by Deltabravo.)
Here, let me try it again

The Arabic symbols for "I will stand up" comes up on google translate as Sawf Faqaf.

When you put cov fe'fe into google translate it also comes up as Sawf Faqaf.

So, on the one hand, you can say "despite the bad press I will stand up" or, on the other, you could say "despite the bad press sawf faqaf"

Being of English decent, I promise you, this is a double entendre intended to make people say something like "so fuck off".

It fails precisely because it's not in the American culture to do this sort of thing...lol. But the first thought I had, being in the Near East, and having had this sort of prank pulled on me is that it meant "fuck off". It's even funnier now because he made himself look like he either could not type or was drunk or passed out and any attempt to explain it would have to involve people on TV using what sounds like a swear word.

It's just priceless. But, he plainly got to the point where he wanted to say "fuck off" and my feeling is that when Pierre Trudeau got to that point back in 1971, he was under so much attack that he snapped and that was the point which led to his downfall because people made fun of him because it was considered crude for someone of his intellectual stature. I remember it very well and it just struck me that Donald had snapped.
04-06-2017, 01:29 AM
(03-06-2017 09:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  The man just fell asleep tweeting.

There has been coverage in Europe. Kudos to the people standing up, but 3000 in a city like NYC, a couple of thousand in other large hubs won't sway anyone anytime soon.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post