Anti-vaccination

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2013, 06:34 PM
RE: Anti-vaccination
Hmmmm....there has to be vaccines and/or shot actives that be dissolved in a happy anti-hydrolytic solution? Maybe fractionated coconut oil, or a high percentage of glycerin or....something? If it's ok to pump into people intravenously it can be used as the injection solvent.

Preservatives, antioxidants, chelators, etc. are there just to keep contamination nil and stop breakdown. From what I understand.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2013, 07:10 PM
(11-12-2013 06:34 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Hmmmm....there has to be vaccines and/or shot actives that be dissolved in a happy anti-hydrolytic solution? Maybe fractionated coconut oil, or a high percentage of glycerin or....something? If it's ok to pump into people intravenously it can be used as the injection solvent.

Preservatives, antioxidants, chelators, etc. are there just to keep contamination nil and stop breakdown. From what I understand.

Dunno. I would think such methods would not be conducive to vaccines that would travel well or have much of a shelf life. Keep in mind, some of what's made needs to make it to places like Africa, and withstand environmental conditions on occasion. The agent must remain viable throughout, right?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
11-12-2013, 07:22 PM
^That's why I'm saying water=bad. Wink

Water likes to break things down. And if something is in water, there needs to be preservatives. So just anhydrous-ize or semi-anhydrous-ize it with something that is safe to use intravenously but will still act as a good solvent for the vaccine itself.

I'm fairly certain anhydrous-ize is not a real word. Ya'll know what I mean.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
11-12-2013, 10:45 PM
(11-12-2013 05:58 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 07:23 AM)BnW Wrote:  I know someone who is alway fired up about the "flouride-in-the-water thing". What is it, exactly? What are these people afraid of? That it's some kind of mind-control agent?

I think they think it is a mind control agent regardless of dosage. I've also seen people claim it speeds the aging process, causes cancer, and/or kills brain and liver cells. Even if it does any of that I would imagine breathing car exhaust (and a million other things) have the same effect over decades.

It's a Communist plot to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
12-12-2013, 03:54 AM
(03-12-2013 11:36 AM)djkamilo Wrote:  Him and his wife were conviced that it was vaccination that caused his autism and I bought into that.
I think the parents are the ones who are suffering from serious psychological disorders !

Surely no sane human being could possibly come to such retarded conclusions!

Vaccination causes autism ?? that's... like WTF ?
[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post
15-12-2013, 08:42 AM
(03-12-2013 05:31 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Andrew Wakefield is the only person to produce a study showing any kind of link between vaccines and autism. He admitted to falsification of his data to ensure this was the outcome of his study. His medical license was revoked, his results have NEVER been duplicated in later tests. >SNIP< Andrew Wakefield link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Wakefield

If I believed in Hell it would have a very special place reserved for the likes of Andrew Wakefield. All anti-vaxers should have to read up on him and his utter moral bankruptcy.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
17-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Read this today, thought it might be relevant.

http://www.voicesforvaccines.org/growing...accinated/

It's a mostly anecdotal story about the pros/cons of vaccinations. I thought it was worth the read.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
20-12-2013, 10:52 AM
(03-12-2013 12:01 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  If you're dealing with someone prone to conspiracy theories it's hard to supply information to them. They seem to want to believe in a conspiracy no matter how much the evidence says otherwise. If you cite the CDC you'll get "it's a government cover up", cite scientists or peer reviewed studies and it will be "thye're in the pocket of Big Pharma". It's sad and dangerous.

I have a cousin who has an autistic daughter and buys into this. I told him that the one study that "proved" the link has since been discredited. He basically stopped talking about it, but he didn't actually admit his stance was wrong. He even eventually admitted to me that he's mad about his daughter having autism and wants someone to blame. Of course, once that court ruling happened in Italy, it reaffirmed his belief and gave him reason to think he had evidence again.

He also thinks water fluoridation is bad. Every time I show him why his latest study or image macro is crap, he counters with "well, we don't know it's not bad and the government should be doing more to research this". This line of reasoning, or course, is perfectly immune to reason, because he can always say the government should look at it "a bit more", no matter how much evidence of good comes from it.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
20-12-2013, 08:04 PM
(15-12-2013 08:42 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 05:31 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Andrew Wakefield is the only person to produce a study showing any kind of link between vaccines and autism. He admitted to falsification of his data to ensure this was the outcome of his study. His medical license was revoked, his results have NEVER been duplicated in later tests. >SNIP< Andrew Wakefield link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Wakefield

If I believed in Hell it would have a very special place reserved for the likes of Andrew Wakefield. All anti-vaxers should have to read up on him and his utter moral bankruptcy.

That book, The Panic Virus by Seth Mnookin, mentioned in my previous post, talks about Andrew Wakefield in depth. He's still trying to wangle people out of money to use his methods of helping autistic children. He's a despicable man. A complete jerk.

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
21-12-2013, 07:26 AM
(20-12-2013 08:04 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ...
He's a despicable man. A complete jerk.

And yet, I am still grateful to him.