Anti-vaccine megachurch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Anti-vaccine megachurch
Do we need anymore proof that ignorance and faith go hand-in hand?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy...cines.html

"All these measles cases are reported to have been in families that chose not to vaccinate, and all the children infected to have been home-schooled."

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Diogenes of Mayberry's post
26-08-2013, 08:51 PM
RE: Anti-vaccine megachurch
(26-08-2013 08:04 PM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  Do we need anymore proof that ignorance and faith go hand-in hand?

Can I opt for less proof, please?

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
Find all posts by this user
26-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Attendance has been surprisingly low as everyone who goes there just seems to call in sick every Sunday for some reason.....

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
26-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Ahhh, good ol' natural selection at work.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
27-08-2013, 01:02 AM
Re: Anti-vaccine megachurch
Can we make a megachurch vaccine? That may be a noble price winning solution

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
27-08-2013, 09:02 AM
(27-08-2013 01:02 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Can we make a megachurch vaccine? That may be a noble price winning solution

The problem isn't creating the vaccine. The problem is convincing people -- even the crazy ones -- to get themselves and their kids inoculated.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
27-08-2013, 09:35 AM
There was a thing on British news about a similar American style Evangelical or Pentecostal church in the UK telling HIV patients to stop taking their medication... all this "faith healing" bullshit again.

Religion really is a menace...

The stars are matter, we are matter... but it doesn't matter. - Captain Beefheart
27-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Does anyone besides me have the balls to say, "Thanks for the one instance of anecdotal proof"? Smile Is that really how you freethinkers employ logic? "Look, one more incident that proves faith is stupid! Now I have two, counting my decoversion testimony of how people proved to me they were god and god disappointed me therefore through people!" Have you thoroughly investigated the Texas incident too, for its falsifiability?

I mean really, for everyone example of a moronic church there must be 1,000 (there's a lot of churches in this world, people) that has courageous, thinking people who believe in evolution AND love their neighbor AND clean up their Mean Streets (shout out to DeNiro and Scorsese's 1973 classic starring Harvey Keitel).

Peace out.
27-08-2013, 08:41 PM
For a good laugh regarding faith-healing and other nonsense:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDYba0m6ztE

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-08-2013, 09:10 PM
If it weren't for the innocent kids who can't choose non-moronic parents I'd say have at it. In fact I'd encourage people to have to face the real life consequences slapping them in the face for their delusional outlook on life.