Antidote against depression? Suggestions? Anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2011, 01:59 PM
RE: Antidote against depression? Suggestions? Anyone?
Zat,

It's important that you have a sativa dominant, or even pure sativa. Indica typically causes sleepiness and confusion (usually referred to as a body stone or simply "stoned") Sativa causes a more cerebral effect. It energizes and gives an uplifted mood (usually referred to as a head high or simply "high")

The best way to get the appropriate strain is to grow your own. In Canada we can grow our own with a prescription. Either that or you designate a grower who is then licensed to grow for you. Ask your doc about it, and see what his/her views are on M.J. and depression. There are more and more doctors who are prescribing M.J. for depression every day. When used correctly, you will have very little effects other than an uplifted mood. The key is learning how your body reacts, and adjusting the dose accordingly.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
11-10-2011, 02:13 PM

(11-10-2011 01:59 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The key is learning how your body reacts, and adjusting the dose accordingly.

Stark, thanks for the helpful suggestions and the information -- I will definitely follow them up. Maybe I will have a new use for my freshly completed greenhouse I had not considered when I started the project! Smile
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Zatamon's post
11-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Anytime my friend. If you have more questions, shoot me a PM.

11-10-2011, 06:01 PM
For one thing...stop consuming the news. Yes, it's important to be informed, but I can't imagine that being saturated with negative news is good for anyone. I realized this. I now try to keep a healthy distance from the news, and only check things out when something seems important like the Wall Street stuff.

For another thing...anti depressants can be helpful for some people. They don't numb you, but they act as a buoy, keeping you afloat and above the darkness long enough to work out your issues. I have been clincially depressed for well over a decade, and went through a really tragic period to add to all of it. I resisited medication for most of that time. I tried to rely on exercise and diet and all that stuff, but it didn't work at all because my depression was mostly an actual, physical illness in my brain. The only immediate treatment was medication. It's helped me immensely, and I'm currently considering lowering my dose or getting off of it entirely...just to see how my brain has changed over the last two years. I tried weed a couple of times, and it was really helpful in slowing my brain down so I could think. well...I felt better after I had the most restful sleep of my life. Smile

The last thing...take one day at a time, and live each day deliberately. Do things for yourself that will bring you even a small amount of satisfaction. When you realize you are in a dark place, talk yourself into seeing the positives of where you are at that moment. Self talk sounds silly...and I feel like an idiot doing it...but over time, it actually starts to change the way you think and react to your environment. Don't just react to it, but find ways to change it so it works for you. Reacting to your environment can lend itself to a feeling of hopelessness and not feeling like you have control over anything.

I feel for you, and I hope you find something that helps!!

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes zaika's post
11-10-2011, 06:36 PM

(11-10-2011 06:01 PM)zaika Wrote:  I feel for you, and I hope you find something that helps!!

Thank you, zaika, and thank you all.

I do have many things that help, it isn't so bad, only some days it gets to me.

I usually have it under control.

Smile
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Don't know if I can post this link or not, but here goes nothing.

http://www.marijuanareviews.com/

It gives a rundown of different types of strains and crosses, how hard or light they hit, and where you feel it. It's a pretty well done site, lots of uploads by different users, and growers.

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.” -Siddhārtha Gautama
"I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.” -Lao Tzu
"...thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself..." -Jesus
12-10-2011, 12:02 AM
I can ditto on the dope theme here. I worked in Amsterdam back in the late 90's and I would just go down to the corner coffee shop and look at the menu, just like a restaurant menu, lists of pre-rolled or bagged and of all sorts from all over. My work was not exactly conducive to smoking so I would cook it in everything, spaghetti sauce, boiled in milk for coffee let alone the pastries. It's the only time in my life when I felt excellent all the time, not high necessarily just a great sensation of wellbeing. I never had a problem with psychological addiction except that I want it really bad right now.

I guess the right wing in The Netherlands is taking a nasty hold there and the days of coffee shop dope for non-dutch is numbered. Really bad too. Amsterdam is one of the greatest places on the planet and the conservative bible bashers are chaining peoples freedom there as well.

On topic... MJ is excellent for depression.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
12-10-2011, 05:25 AM
I may very well be stating the obvious here, but I'm gonna say it anyways.

Although cannabis can be helpful with depression, it is not for everyone.

Now it's no secret around here that I am an advocate of cannabis and it's many medical applications. I am not, however, claiming that it is a cure all, nor do I claim that it is something everyone should use. I know that is obvious, but I thought it bore mentioning, just so that you guys didn't think I was suggesting that all people with depression should use MMJ. Talk to your doctor. Begin with small doses, preferably with someone who is familiar with cannabis (your pothead nephiew may not be the best choice), and that you trust. Be safe....and enjoy!

12-10-2011, 09:01 AM
(12-10-2011 05:25 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I may very well be stating the obvious here, but I'm gonna say it anyways.

Although cannabis can be helpful with depression, it is not for everyone.

Now it's no secret around here that I am an advocate of cannabis and it's many medical applications. I am not, however, claiming that it is a cure all, nor do I claim that it is something everyone should use. I know that is obvious, but I thought it bore mentioning, just so that you guys didn't think I was suggesting that all people with depression should use MMJ. Talk to your doctor. Begin with small doses, preferably with someone who is familiar with cannabis (your pothead nephiew may not be the best choice), and that you trust. Be safe....and enjoy!

True, true, the link I posted yesterday has some lighter strain suggestions for beginners . It's an all around informative site on the many different crosses they have out there. Here's an example from the site (they have pictures, but I won't post them, partly because I don't know how, and partly because I don't think it would be a good idea to.)

Hindu Kush From Private Dealer (m1ke)
Ahh, Hindu Kush. Named after the 500 mile mountain range stretching between NW Pakistan and Afghanistan. Must be a pretty stoney place!

Submitted By: m1ke (Member and Editor)

Camera Used: Canon Powershot SD300

Name: Hindu Kush

Grade: A-

Type: Indica

Price: $280/ounce

Looks: Just great. Very well trimmed, nice and clear trichs and lots of em. This one certainly is holding its grade for the looks and the fact that it has a medicinally active effect.

Smell: It offers your traditional kush aroma and it sends a mild hash aroma through your nose, but it’s softened out with a nice warm earthy overtone. This particular sample wasn’t extremely strong smelling.

Taste: It had a nice soft earthy flavour with a resinous overtone to it. It was very clean, you could tell that this was well flushed.

Buzz Type: It had a nice mellow stone to it. It made me feel very calm and relaxed, but it wasn’t at all intense like I would have hoped for. I found that the calmness lasted beyond the buzz length, but the sedating part of the buzz was just on the medium side. This may be a trait of the strain, if anyone has some insight there.

Buzz Length: Medium – 1 1/2 – 2 hrs.

Overall: It had a nice mild aroma, with a mild buzz along with it. The sample was well flushed and properly cured. I am on the lookout for a knockout version of the same strain. –m1ke

This one also sounds like a great strain for beginners as it’s an even buzz that’s not overwhelming. –Mrs. Chubbs

The site has hundreds of reviews and pics too. Here's the site again.

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.” -Siddhārtha Gautama
"I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.” -Lao Tzu
"...thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself..." -Jesus
12-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Your not alone Zat...........the world sometimes get me down until I can dig down deep enough to pull myself together again (its getting harder everytime though)

I agree with Stark that Ganja is not for everybody......TBH I wouldnt of reccomended it even though I am a weed smoker myself.

What I will reccomend though is St Johns Wort and lots of Vitamin B.

Sometimes when Im really down I go outside and roar till I feel better......I let it all out.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user