Antidote against depression? Suggestions? Anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2011, 09:44 PM

RE: Antidote against depression? Suggestions? Anyone?
(29-10-2011 08:43 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  (I thought you were a thirtysomething lawyer... assumption doesn't make assholes, rather it's something that happens fifty times a second - not the actual statistic - but I'm an asshole all by myself. I ain't gonna call you Alf no more nor give you so much shit. There ain't a whole lotta respect in the world, but you got mine - because you won. Wink)

Thank you, Cantor, I did not know it was a contest! Smile

Lawyer??? --- I have never been so insulted in my life! Big Grin

Retired Physicist, as I mentioned a few times -- mostly teaching it, plus a lot of fun, computer-related work.

I don't mind ALF, I chose him as my avatar, didn't I? ALF is the most human non-human I have ever known: honest, sneaky, smart, obnoxious, experienced, greedy, brilliant, clumsy, compassionate, hard-ass, softy clown!

...and he is from another planet, just like me, spending most of my life in a non-existing dream-world (see Post #86 on "Poets' Corner").

His world exploded in a nuclear holocaust, my world was never born. We both found refuge in a comfortable little bubble of love. Tongue

...and we both love cats! Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Zatamon's post
29-10-2011, 10:31 PM
(29-10-2011 09:44 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  
(29-10-2011 08:43 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  (I thought you were a thirtysomething lawyer... assumption doesn't make assholes, rather it's something that happens fifty times a second - not the actual statistic - but I'm an asshole all by myself. I ain't gonna call you Alf no more nor give you so much shit. There ain't a whole lotta respect in the world, but you got mine - because you won. Wink)

Thank you, Cantor, I did not know it was a contest! Smile

Lawyer??? --- I have never been so insulted in my life! Big Grin

Retired Physicist, as I mentioned a few times -- mostly teaching it, plus a lot of fun, computer-related work.

I don't mind ALF, I chose him as my avatar, didn't I? ALF is the most human non-human I have ever known: honest, sneaky, smart, obnoxious, experienced, greedy, brilliant, clumsy, compassionate, hard-ass, softy clown!

...and he is from another planet, just like me, spending most of my life in a non-existing dream-world (see the last poem I posted on "Poets' Corner").

His world exploded in a nuclear holocaust, my world was never born. We both found refuge in a comfortable little bubble of love. Tongue
I was a member of deviantART (the website) in 2007; I drew this Australian girl - and fell in love with her (I got quite the skill set, I tell ya Tongue). My boss was like, "dude - he's a forty-three overweight alcoholic truck driver from Cleveland. He's probably having a sexual fantasy about you right now..."

I though about it... "So? I love him, then." Wink

I'm pretty sure laurynwood is laurynwood; last time we communicated, she was having "men problems" and I gave her a pep talk which ended with "know that you are loved."

Problem with growing old, I have found, is that little imp cynicism. The thing serves a useful function, but this fool ain't never gonna be a cynic - unless my lifestyle eats away too much of my brain, of course.

Can never really "know" anybody - not even yourself, it seems - and the world is full of predators. I don't hafta tell you nothing about evolution - that's a relief Big Grin. And I keep my love on a short leash - but the thought of dying a horrible death because I trusted the wrong person at the wrong time does nothing to stop me from loving all. And if I go out like a punk cause of it, that's tough shit. Big Grin

I've been with what many consider the dregs of society. There are those who seem to serve no useful function whatsoever. But I still take people as I see 'em - and if I don't see 'em, i gots to simulate 'em - which is how you ended up being a lawyer (mostly that legal reform business). As you know, one does not assume the full scope of parameters; and my stupid brain has been on too many "young" forums...

I'm still n00b here, so I missed the posts about you being a physicist. Yeah, you can punch me in the eye for that discrepancy. Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2011, 12:22 AM
I, too, love this website.
Not only has it has broadened my knowledge in many different ways but I have found many like-minded people which is a totally heartening experience in this crazy, mad and fucked up world made up of mostly one-eyed, uneducated religious people.
I agree that the more you know the more sad the world seems and it can sometimes be overwhelming.
'Beeluv' stated a great list on what to do when feeling down. Same sort of strategy I employ. Yep, gotta have great laugh at something. Always make things seem better.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post