Antifa is the new fascist movement?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2015, 10:56 AM
Antifa is the new fascist movement?
I was browsing Twitter and came across a person who had wrote a blog or article of some sort and people were messaging him questioning his views. He claimed that he is an anti-fascist libertarian but when asked how he would deal with racists he replied with this video. If you don't want to watch the video, it's basically a large group of "anti-fascists" entering a bar/restaurant with bats/clubs (I think a knife is reported too) and knocking seven shades of shit out of members of a racist group.

Now, racism is as despicable as fascism and I think racists deserve some sort of punishment, as do fascists (as do murderers etc but this issue leads a path to another issue). However, taking the law into your own hands, inflicting violence on those with other opinions for the simple reason of HAVING other opinions, is fascism.

I don't know if the members of the racist group had done something violent beforehand but I cannot assume they did without evidence.

Is there anybody else worried about the increasing amount of fascists growing under the false banner of antifa? In England the student unions do things like this. There have been multiple bans on specific individuals and cancellations of debates and public talks because antifa groups have protested to the point of violence.

I think that retaliation to violence with violence can be justified but if somebody merely has racist views you MUST engage them intellectually and show them why they are wrong. If you believe your cause is so right then there should be no need to physically enforce it onto others (RELIGION!!). If we didn't do this, we would never progress as a society.

This new generation of students consists of fascists and idealists masquerading as liberals and seeing themselves as the hand of fucking Themis herself. I'd go as far as to say that some days I actually get depressed around uni because of the conversations I hear.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2015, 11:48 AM
RE: Antifa is the new fascist movement?
Depends on the country really, German antifa is generally pro-Israel and seems okay of from what I've read. Swedish antifa is basically a terrorist organization.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
[+] 1 user Likes Res Publica's post
06-02-2015, 11:51 AM
RE: Antifa is the new fascist movement?
(06-02-2015 11:48 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Depends on the country really, German antifa is generally pro-Israel and seems okay of from what I've read. Swedish antifa is basically a terrorist organization.

I guess so. In England I haven't seen them them become as violent as in the above video but they have been able to coerce the government and other organisations with threats.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.